The Mp3 Player Thread

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, there are so many random threads out there now, so I decided to make the Mp3 player thread. It's kind of like my earbud thread, except this one is about the player!
Okay, here's mine:

It's a Coby 2 gb stick Mp3 player.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just use my phone. I never bothered with a standalone mp3 player because I don't rip my cds to mp3, and there weren't very many that had (have) ogg support. I can add whatever codec I want on the phone.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is getting pretty old. I have had it for about 4 years now. I want to get the new Ipod Nano at some point.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This would be mine:

Iphone 3GS. I love it! I got it from a friend who upgraded to the 4 for $110 and have so fallen in love with my phone its not even funny!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sandisk Sansa 4gb with MicroSD expansion slot

The expansion slot is what sold me on it.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use my phone, Droid 2, but I also have the first version of the iPod Shuffle that I use also. My son got a Nano for Christmas from my parents, and it's awesome!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an iPod Touch. Got it in July when I bought a MacBook Pro. DH is a teacher, so the deal was free iPod and free printer with computer purchase. Such a deal!

I absolutely love my iPod. I put all my cds on my Mac and then synced my iPod to the Mac. I have like 3.5 days of music on my iPod and it's not even half full!

My only issue is I have an old car that doesn't have a mp3 jack so I bout a cheap fm adapter that plugs into the lighter and you can listen on fm 88.1. Works pretty good most of the time, but it's not as good as my am/fm/iPod radio I have at home.

ETA: Forgot to add that I also have an iPhone that I could use for storing music, but I have decided to keep the phone music free and just use the ipod for music only. I use the phone as a camera and store pics on it.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

iPod ... from like 2006
Maybe you ought to talk to my almost 17 year old dd. She's got an iPod nano from either 2006 or 2007. And I've HAD IT with the child asking for a new one.

Why?

The old one works. It has a docking station with it. And the biggest reason? Not only did we pay $270 for a class ring in Oct- we're also helping foot the bill for a $700 orchestra trip to Orlando in April! And she wants her licence, AND she wants to drive the mini van (ie gas hog) AND she's going to be a Senior in Sept.

She did get Christmas money- and sorry but that goes to the orchestra trip.

Sorry 'bout the rant- but you asked about mp3 players- and that's been the ongoing battle here for the last couple of months.

Anyhow- I use my phone. I wanted an mp3 player until I got a new phone last year that allows me to put music on it.

It's just a little hassle to put it on the phone. The phone's Verizon- so they have Vcast as software. Since we've got 2 iPods (other dd has one as well and wants to upgrade with Christmas money) everything is iTunes, so I just have to convert files to Vcast.

Cheryl

sandra

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbehaviors

Okay, there are so many random threads out there now, so I decided to make the Mp3 player thread. It's kind of like my earbud thread, except this one is about the player!
Okay, here's mine:

It's a Coby 2 gb stick Mp3 player.
I have a Coby also but a different one