The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I got out to do a few hours gardening today. Now that the snow has gone I can see there is a ton of work that needs doing. I had time to clear all the dead branches from the ground and murder a few baby thorn trees before they got too big. Sorry thorn trees, but you really do have lethal spikes.

I have lots of plans for the enclosure this year. Can't wait to get started on them.

:bunnydance:
@Norachan , doesn't the list of things to do in the yard seem to just materialize as we watch the snow melt? Oh, those thorn trees have got me more than once!

The upcoming winter storm has an upside, a paw-sitive, in that for me, personally, it reminds me that I need to walk more by Faith and less and less by Sight. I am hoping for all who will go through the storm - to be safe.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watching the radar here in far northwestern New York State, where the weather is calm and quite nearly into the forties once more, it appears that the current storm is just about to reach @bigbadbass on Long Island, headed for @foxxycat and R raysmyheart in New England. To anyone within the storm's reach - please be safe; keep off the roads, let the snow removal teams do their jobs, and stay in with your kitties. Post new pictures to the Photos Forum, have a cup of catnip tea hot chocolate, or give us the play-by-play from the safety of your living rooms.

Warlock Huntress

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like a lot of people are talking about gardening and snow. A bit of cabin fever perhaps? Anyway, I didn't really have much to add but I couldn't help day dreaming a bit about being able to get outside and fix up my yard a bit more. We moved recently in the passed year and there are things that need to happen with this house - a fence being one of them. I know it'll be a lot of hard work but honestly, it's going to help things so much and I'll be day dreaming about it until the snow is gone and the work is done. It'll be nice to go outside again :lovecat:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
There was no snow for the morning commute here but now it's coming down really hard and at a steep angle. The evening commute will be tough but I'm nice & warm inside with my kitty. Why is it that he can be sleeping for a couple of hours and if I even think about getting the clippers to attempt to trim a nail of his, he wakes up immediately?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One PAWSitive side of the weather in the eastern part of US is that I have seen that there will be no "at risk" list for the cats of NYACC tonight! and no "euth" unless deemed necessary by veterinarian.
Be safe, everyone!
@Shane Kent -- I am honored! Thank you! and of course, likewise!
segelkatt segelkatt -- thank you for sharing those pix but I must say cacti are my favorite plants of all, so to me, they are very beautiful. I do love dragonfruit!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
One PAWSitive side of the weather in the eastern part of US is that I have seen that there will be no "at risk" list for the cats of NYACC tonight! and no "euth" unless deemed necessary by veterinarian.
Be safe, everyone!
@Shane Kent -- I am honored! Thank you! and of course, likewise!
segelkatt segelkatt -- thank you for sharing those pix but I must say cacti are my favorite plants of all, so to me, they are very beautiful. I do love dragonfruit!
I assume that is because you have never seen a dragon fruit cactus in all its ugliness. I pruned mine severely because of the monster it had come to be. I saved some of its arms and rooted them. Of course I did not have 20 fruit the next year, only 3, but the monster is gone and I am starting pretty much from scratch. hopefully I will have more this year. Here is the monster, it got even bigger before I pruned it, it got more arms, they reached all the way to the ground
051816 006.JPG

There it is on the right top corner with the corn next to it just a foot or two high.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I assume that is because you have never seen a dragon fruit cactus in all its ugliness. I pruned mine severely because of the monster it had come to be. I saved some of its arms and rooted them. Of course I did not have 20 fruit the next year, only 3, but the monster is gone and I am starting pretty much from scratch. hopefully I will have more this year. Here is the monster, it got even bigger before I pruned it, it got more arms, they reached all the way to the groundView attachment 221749

There it is on the right top corner with the corn next to it just a foot or two high.
*Oh, no, I still love it! It's like standards of beauty for anything -- it can be different for many of us, which I think is good, because just about everything in nature is beautiful to someone.*

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And that's how I'll find a boyfriend at some point :insertevillaugh:

My pawsitive today is that, even thoigh my friend Carlos has a cold, I haven't caugjt it so far, yay! I've bought vitamin C just in case ;)
Oh, yeah! Hope you stay strong and don't catch it -- colds are miserable.
Not sure exactly what you are thinking of about "boyfriend" but it's so true that what is beautiful/handsome to one is not to another. I've had people call me everything from one end of the spectrum to the other, to my face -- and my feeling is that my Creator made me just exactly like I should be. Those who want to appreciate it, great! Those who don't? It's all good. That's why there are 7.6 billion of us :frown:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Oh, no, I still love it! It's like standards of beauty for anything -- it can be different for many of us, which I think is good, because just about everything in nature is beautiful to someone.*
And that's how I'll find a boyfriend at some point :insertevillaugh:

Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico - Given that you're not shy about posting photos of yourself with Freya and Raistlin, I'd say you had several million prospective boyfriends from which to choose.

;)

I feel a little bad, being in what Johnny Carson used to refer to as, "the snow capital of the world," and having no snow, what with another storm roaring through New England - but not bad enough to offer to trade weather with those on the east coast.

For those in the midst of the storm, burn make some microwave popcorn, fire up the BetaMax to watch The Incredible Journey for the 88th time, and snuggle up wit a cat or twenty-two. Summer will be here before you can recite Silius Italicus' De bello Punica!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure exactly what you are thinking of about "boyfriend" but it's so true that what is beautiful/handsome to one is not to another.
You know, just a poor fool I can persuade to spend the rest of his life with me, loving cats, books and each other, not necessarily in that order of preference ;)

Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico - Given that you're not shy about posting photos of yourself with Freya and Raistlin, I'd say you had several million prospective boyfriends from which to choose.
I am pretty sure I haven't :lol::lol::lol:

My mother pawsitively loved the zuchini, chicken and cheese lasagne I made for diner :) With that, and the light lemmon mousse, it's been a productive week from a culinary point of view, ant it is just Wednesday!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

;)

I feel a little bad, being in what Johnny Carson used to refer to as, "the snow capital of the world," and having no snow, what with another storm roaring through New England - but not bad enough to offer to trade weather with those on the east coast.

For those in the midst of the storm, burn make some microwave popcorn, fire up the BetaMax to watch The Incredible Journey for the 88th time, and snuggle up wit a cat or twenty-two. Summer will be here before you can recite Silius Italicus' De bello Punica!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- I'm not in the storm, though I'd love to be! We are HOPING and PRAYING for more rain in a couple of days, if not before, though.
Popcorn sounds great! and though I can't recite one word of your title, I'd love to watch the original of that great film! though I only have the remake and yes, it's on VHS! :crackup::happycat: The 22 cat snuggle sounds very enticing. Does that come *with Snowshoe*? :flail:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine The 22 cat snuggle sounds very enticing. Does that come *with Snowshoe*? :flail:
The 22 Cat Snuggle is a Japanese delicacy, and comes with what @Norachan refers to as an Ersatz Snowshoe®. Any snuggle which includes an actual Snowshoe is more like a Tasmanian Devil street fight than a Snuggle.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 22 Cat Snuggle is a Japanese delicacy, and comes with what @Norachan refers to as an Ersatz Snowshoe®. Any snuggle which includes an actual Snowshoe is more like a Tasmanian Devil street fight than a Snuggle.
:flail: :wavey:

Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico , that is good news about Raistlin!

I was glad to accidentally fall asleep after work when it was starting to snow and it really made my head feel better. The magic of a nap. The storm turned to rain, but now picking up with the snow again. Oh well.:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico -- excellent news! I know how important it is to stay healthy, and keep our beloved ones healthy, even in the midst of grief and loss. We need to be there for them, after all -- and we need them, so much!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- I love Taz's too. That was one of my beloved (longhaired tuxedo) Rani's nicknames, not because she acted like one but because sometimes she looked like one, a bit. As for the Snowshoe, I submit for your consideration:
IMG_1257.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks R raysmyheart and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 :)

It is so good to see how healthy he is looking lately, I can really feel his weight now when I pick him, which is the greatest feeling :D
Excellent. I like a cat to have heft. Not overweight, but solid. Makes me feel like I'm doing a good job of keeping them healthy and satisfied.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- I love Taz's too. That was one of my beloved (longhaired tuxedo) Rani's nicknames, not because she acted like one but because sometimes she looked like one, a bit. As for the Snowshoe, I submit for your consideration: View attachment 221763
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - You absolutely have to post that photo of Sishya here:

I Has An Expresshun!

Excellent. I like a cat to have heft. Not overweight, but solid. Makes me feel like I'm doing a good job of keeping them healthy and satisfied.
My vet genuinely believes that a cat who's slightly heavier than the "ideal" will have a far better chance of recovering if a serious illness befalls the kitty, and that it's especially true of senior cats. Bob says, "I scoff at your puny viral hemorrhagic fevers, Human."

bobaerial1.jpg

Bob really says, "nom, nom, nom, nom, nom...."

Status
Not open for further replies.