The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
@1CatOverTheLine

This is the view out front of my work today.

Ottawa_Mar_2nd_2018.JPG

"I demand that you come and get this snow, and take it back to the Great Frozen North, where it belongs!"

Zoe would kill me if I brought all that white stuff back to Ottawa :angrycat: Maybe you could convince someone in Toronto to come and get it. In Ottawa I blame the people north of us (the Province of Quebec) when we get snow I don't want.

I almost forgot to add something Pawsitive. Karen is working again tonight and I get the kitties all to myself. Seeing it is a bit chilly today it will be a nice night to snuggle with some kitties. Snuggling with kitties is always pawsitive:)

Last edited:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's Friday :bunnydance:

My friend Jeff, a fellow cat lover, brought his new girlfriend to my house last night. She saw the small upholstered chairs, kid crawl tunnels, five foot eleven inch tall cat perch and automated laser toys. She told me I am nuts, she added that it was a good kind of nuts. She is a dog lover and doesn't realize the proper word is crazy :)

I hope everyone has a Happy Friday:banana1:
So funny that she noticed that! :lol: I remember looking at my house recently, and being surprised that my two cats have way more stuff than my dog. Combined, they're about the size of his head, and I've also had him for much longer. Of course, it's not that my dog wants for anything. I spoil all my pets rotten. I think, though, that cats use way more accoutrement than even very large dogs do. Unless you count the necessary fence, or his very large bed, all the toys and puzzles and treats and bones fit in one big basket (which he likes to keep tidy and put away himself.) My cats, on the other hand, also have tunnels and trees and scratching posts, and toys all over the place - although I've yet to find any cool mini sofas for them like yours!

A big difference might be that the dog can go play outside - running, swimming, etc - while the kitties need to be entertained in the house? Also, the dog generally demolishes his toys, eventually, which then get replaced. The cats just keep collecting!
Regardless of this phenomenon, I love shopping for fun pet supplies for everyone! It's quite fun to be a crazy cat lady, and a nutty dog lover - all in one! I have the day off, so I'll probably stay in and listen to the rain outside while playing with our new Star Wars toys from petco! :dizzycat::climbcat::runningcat:PAWsitive time for all involved! :cloud9:

Warlock Huntress

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know it's been said A LOT but this is an awesome thing to do for the little kitties out there! This site is beyond amazing!

As for the posting positive things, let's see...there's actually quite a bit! Right now I just thank God for my little furbabies who have all stumbled into my life and for my loving husband who loves them as much as I do. Each day is a blessing and another chance to be thankful for the love in this household! Pictured below is my eldest kitty Blossom as we were moving into our first house.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Love the snow pics-we had a few flakes flying this morning then heavy rains, haven't stepped outside yet. At least the brook out back will be roaring. Will take video of it and post it. At least today it's a normal day-work then grocery shop and figure out something to eat. We are down to junk food and canned goods. I need to figure something out FAST or it's back to take out again. I got some chicken to bake-got to figure some yummy way to prepare it..probably cream of chicken soup with sliced potatoes in the baking dish and bacon. broccoli too....keep up the good work with photos!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Huge props to you for making sure your beloved cats have plenty of goodies! We have a black and a white Star Wars mouse set. They are very cute *I think I appreciate them the most, but they're here just in case*
Warlock Huntress Warlock Huntress What a little beauty Blossom is! and I feel exactly the same way about all of the cats who have/are grace(ing) my life.
foxxycat foxxycat You can't go wrong with soup when it's cool and rainy, don't you think? I just finished a big pot of homemade lentil soup and last night I made a big pot of minstrone-ish soup. With a green salad, some bread, and a piece of fruit for dessert, I couldn't be happier.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
@1CatOverTheLine Adding *PRAYERS* for Peanut and thoughts of wellbeing. Because no one can ever have to many of either. And yeah, build that wall :insertevillaugh:
Basking in the (damp) glow of RAIN RAIN RAIN! Woke up enveloped by cats -- the sensation is similar to being in a very warm down sleeping bag. :cloud9:

It's after 12 here and still no rain, sun and some grey clouds. Come on, don't hog the rain, we want some too. Maybe later tonight.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe me, segelkatt segelkatt -- if I could, I would. We need it so much here in SoCali! Hoping and praying some will be on its way to you very soon.
Benjamin Franklin (Benji) Benjamin Franklin (Benji) Snow is so beautiful. Miss it. VERY excited, sending *PRAYERS* and best healing thoughts of wellbeing up, and out, for Benji on the occasion of his neutering!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks a bunch! Benji seems pretty good with vet visits and is a bit of a favourite at his clinic, so I’m sure they’ll do a great job. Yes, snow is really nice. I actually am used to the cold weather as I live in Canada so I can enjoy the beauty, which is great.
I'm from L.A. and a great fan of snow. Only experienced it on day trips to the mountains and such, until we lived in the high desert for 3 years. At 4,100 feet, we got significant snow. It was like a wonderland to me! So beautiful. I wouldn't probably enjoy it as much in an urban environment, but I don't like cities anyway.
No wonder Benji is a fave -- he's adorable and he looks very sweet! :runningcat:

Benjamin Franklin (Benji)

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06

Wow, that must have been amazing! I live near Toronto but in more of a suburb-y place, I suppose. I really like that there are a lot of parks near my area though. It is beginning to become more urban, but perhaps for the better! A pet supply store just opened up near me.

Thanks a bunch again about Benji, he is quite a hyper one though :tongue:

Another good thing that is going on today: It’s national Doodle Day!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I hope everyone battling storms today is safe and sound. The Nor'easter attacking the U.S. Northeast must be brutal because even down here in Maryland the winds are ferocious. I went out to take some photos and was just getting into it

DSC_2901 3.jpg

when this happened.

DSC_2912.jpg

Yup, that's my camera taking a photo as the wind sent me swirling off towards Oz before dumping me unceremoniously on my rear end. In retrospect, it was kind of fun!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How long is this thread going to go on for? Will it go to several cat rescue organizations? Or just one?
I cannot answer the dirst question, though I hope it will go on for a really long time :)

Money has already been sent to different cat rescue organizations/ no kill shelters. Anne Anne does accept sugestions, she mentioned it recently again :)

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Popping in to say that I just donated a large bag of quality cat food + a large container to the The Cat Care Society in Denver for the almost 700 posts made in this thread during February :cheerleader:
View attachment 220878

The total came to just over $80. They didn't have a Paypal donation option but fortunately they did have an Amazon wishlist so that's what I used.

Thank you everyone for posting in this thread!

This is the third charity we donated to so far in 2018. If you have suggestions for other cat charities, please let me know via PM. They need to be a dedicated cat-only shelter or rescue organization with -
  • A no-kill policy
  • Official 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Organization status
This is wonderful! I am vowing now to post more often in the next month!

For some reason the option to purraise has disappeared, but I love every post here and the lovely people who make them.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, SheriB SheriB -- @Mamanyt1953 and I have been talking about that and she sees a bunch of different responses posters can have, though I don't (yet?). I liked the PURRaise -- it was simple, succinct and very, well, PURRaiseful! Ah, well, we shall see! It is great that this PAWSitive thread is continuing, absolutely agree there. The opPURR-TUNA-ty to help more cats is always a good thing!

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is spring in Atlanta and all the trees are in bloom. The pear trees look like they are covered in snow but it is 70 degrees. We made it through the winter and summer is coming!

How can I nominate a shelter? I volunteer at Furkids Animal Rescue and shelter. They are the largest no kill shelter in the Southeast

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.