The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Every time I read a post about a shy kitty finally climbing onto their human mom/dads' laps, besides feeling happy for them, I also feel very grateful that Ashton has been doing this since Day 1. In fact, that was one of the many reasons that made me decide to adopt her when the foster period was over. So that's my pawsitive post for today - just feeling so grateful that I get lap time and sleep-on-my-chest time almost every day.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa - They're tough to photograph, and you seldom see them in the open until they're eight to ten weeks old. This is a few years old - the White Tipped Fox's last litter, shot with a long lens, cropped and enlarged a bit ( @Shane Kent - quit laughing! ). The kits are all head and legs at this age, and Mom gets annoyed if you venture too close to them (she's actually trying to push this stubborn little fellow back under the shrubs, while two others peer out, just visible just about in the center of the frame).

View attachment 214695

They're a source of great joy, and one of the Blessings of living in a spot where a little woodland meets the river.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - They are adorable !!! I am a very patient person; I can wait until they're eight to ten weeks old...

I had a very busy day at work and it was a big relief to come home, curl up on the couch with Missycat, and fall asleep with her on my chest :catlove:

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine You should get some trail cameras=they are motion detected-and you can get some pictures that way. My friend in NC and PA have these set up for their ferals. The gal in NC has a fox that eats cat food right next to the ferals..Jon keeps saying the fox will eat Honeybee. I keep telling him no. If we feed them-they will leave the cats alone. I showed him the photos on facebook with the fox/kits and he says it's hogwash...and here we have another person who gets up close and personal with fox. :thumbsup:

When you get them set up-please upload some photos here STAT! LOL :flail:

The good news is many people stayed home today and driving in the snow storm was piece of cake. No tail gators either. People actually being curious.

The other bit of good news=theres a law they want to pass in NH concerning animal abuse-they want to charge the fees for veterinary care of injured/neglected animals onto the convicted party. I think that is a wonderful law to have. Now to hit these people in the wallet. And the vets get some compensation for their hard work. Besides no one likes working for free. And there are several vets who have donated many hours and stuff to help abused animals..that's a start. :agree:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine The other bit of good news=theres a law they want to pass in NH concerning animal abuse-they want to charge the fees for veterinary care of injured/neglected animals onto the convicted party. I think that is a wonderful law to have. Now to hit these people in the wallet. And the vets get some compensation for their hard work. Besides no one likes working for free. And there are several vets who have donated many hours and stuff to help abused animals..that's a start. :agree:
foxxycat foxxycat - Couldn't we just shoot the abusers, and assign their assets to rescue organisations and no-kill shelters? Very pawsitive law.

Edit: Before the ferals were all trapped, neutered and re-homed, I've watched "my" foxes come within a few feet of the cats, and never give any indication that they'd bother them. I believe you're right - well-fed foxes typically won't even consider bothering larger prey - and they actually prefer "mouth-sized" prey like voles, since they have sectorial teeth (i.e. carnassials) intended for shearing, rather than for tearing and chewing. Look at the angle of head tilt here:

foxdogs.jpg

while BlackTip goes through a half pound of hot dogs - the "attack" is with the premolars, and not head-on, using the canines, as in animals like coyotes who prefer larger prey.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat - Couldn't we just shoot the abusers, and assign their assets to rescue organisations and no-kill shelters? Very pawsitive law.

snip

View attachment 214710

while BlackTip goes through a half pound of hot dogs - the "attack" is with the premolars, and not head-on, using the canines, as in animals like coyotes who prefer larger prey.
I do agree. And I think all of us agree. If they would throw them in jail for decades never to see the light of day would be good..instead of fake sentences where they come out of jail in weeks. That's always a hope=more animal lawyers.

I got involved with a court case in Tennesee I believe it was Katniss. The crime was horrible against that poor defenseless 8 week old kitten. The guy got the animal abuse charges dropped because they wanted to go after him on drug charges..

There was a facebook page but they deleted it because the opposition was harassing the folks who had the page up-sadly they gave in and took it down. I would have said bring it on! :storm:

I still think they got the wrong person-it didn't make sense when details came out-we thought it was a younger person..guess one never knows. ...either way there was quite an uproar on Facebook for vengeance. Also they started the orange ribbon in support of animal abuse victims. I hope we get more people to show up for all court cases dealing with animal abuse. We wrote letters to the district attorney, judge-if we could find out who it was and all the other related folks...they don't take animal abuse seriously so we flooded them with phone calls emails and letters. I mailed about 15 different letters along with dozens of other people.

The positive is when people come together for the greater good and fight for justice for animals-we make a loud statement to the residing folks in the courts that they need to uphold the law then we also contact our Congress people to make laws to aid in punishing these horrible people who commit acts against defenseless animals. That's a positive-thanks to social media=we are able to reach out to many more people instead of the old method= telephone calls or actual visiting areas and talking to locals.

Social media is a great way for like minded animal folks to get together!

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Edit: Before the ferals were all trapped, neutered and re-homed, I've watched "my" foxes come within a few feet of the cats, and never give any indication that they'd bother them. I believe you're right - well-fed foxes typically won't even consider bothering larger prey - and they actually prefer "mouth-sized" prey like voles, since they have sectorial teeth (i.e. carnassials) intended for shearing, rather than for tearing and chewing. Look at the angle of head tilt here:

View attachment 214710

I like the way you think - those people are a waste of oxygen.
Connor was babysitting for me. I had Aedan in his car seat so we could go pick up the rented breast pump and was looking for one of this little hats and Connor was just sitting there watching over him. Very cute.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the way you think - those people are a waste of oxygen.
Connor was babysitting for me. I had Aedan in his car seat so we could go pick up the rented breast pump and was looking for one of this little hats and Connor was just sitting there watching over him. Very cute.
I am sure Connor can't wait to snuggle with wee little Aedan. :cloud9: The plus is we all are here to support one another!

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THEY SAY we are having rain in CALIF, by THURSDAY, I'm not HOLDING my breath, because the only ones that know weather is MOTHERS..
REMEMBER the days when MOM would look out the window and tell you with pretty good accuracy to wear a jacket or rainboots?
Especially with HOTFLASHES, I bring a trunkload of jackets, sweaters and EVEN shoes or boots!:gaah:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today in preschool, we were sorting pasta by colors/textures/size. I ended up being a crazy cat lady dork:

View attachment 214743

Loving all the entries in the photo contest this month! They make me so happy!
Lari Lari - Crazy cat lady dorks are among the finest dorks anywhere.

;)

With the mention above of this month's photo contest, everyone here owes it to themselves to at least look through the photo entries this time, although it would be nice if lots more members showed off their sleeping kitties too.

And to @kat0121 's scheming lovely Lilith, a special message from Moo Shu Snowshoe, regarding a certain blatant "vote-for-me" post:

rasp.gif

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I didn't realise you were still in preschool Lari Lari You write very well for one so young.

;)

I had some great news from the lady who is helping me get the kittens we found into new homes. We turned the kittens over to her last week. They were all spayed and neutered by her NPO on Tuesday and are getting their second round of shots tomorrow. Next week they are off to the Tokyo Cat Cafe and then from there to their forever homes.

:cloud9:

We see foxes around here sometimes, but they're outnumbered by the Tanuki. They don't seem to bother the cats at all. A Tanuki climbed into the enclosure once, but the cats ganged up on him and chased him back out.

Tanuki1.jpg
Tanuki3.jpg

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We get a lot of foxes in town in winter. It's quite common to pass one walking down the street while it's still dark out in the morning. While they'll go after small animals like rabbits, chickens, or guinea pigs people have outside in their yards, they seem to leave cats alone. You generally don't see indoor/outdoor cats outside when the foxes are wandering around, though.

One problem we have with the local foxes is that they steal shoes left outside. Isn't that odd? One time over 20 were found in one fox den. :clapcat:

I have an appointment to get my hair cut this morning. It's been driving me nuts the past week, so I'm looking forward to having it be manageable again.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still remember the first day i spent with my little cat Pepe, and i got to admit that that day has been one of the most important days in my life.
Having a cat in your life truly changes you for good. He made me very happy since he arrived to my life

Dan707 Dan707 - "Change a hawk to a little white dove; more than a feeling that's the power of love."

I remember vividly the day Busy came home - going to pick her up with my Mother; showing her off to one of the neighbours; rolling ping pong balls back and forth through the kitchen and into the long hallway, and watching her chase them, sometimes leaping straight up into the air - and I remember her curled against my pillow at the end of that first day. 14 June, 1958. They change everything.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boss got the praise for some work I did for him, and he turned around and immediately clarified that it was me who did it. My pawsitive post today is that I'm grateful for a boss who gives credit where credit is due.

By the way this pawsitive-post-a-day is a really good practice! I've started a gratitude journal since Jan 1 (so similar concept) and it's been great to remember and cherish something (big or small) every day.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@kat0121 --I think it's time to CALL that contest. :dancingblackcat::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::goldstar:
foxxycat foxxycat -- totally agree, and huge props to you and everyone else involved in standing up and speaking out. I advocate for capital punishment for anyone wilfully harming ANY cat, as was law in ancient Egypt, because this is the most heinous of all crimes IMHO. Cats are the loveliest, sweetest, cleanest, most beloved companions worldwide, and they are entirely innocent, blameless, and vulnerable. Anyone who even dream of harming one shouldn't be breathing, again IMHO.

Until we are able to make this law, it is heartening to know people all over the world are advocating for and protecting cats, as they absolutely deserve.

There's a tortoiseshell laptop here, and a big blue/cream number has come in to visit a couple of times, looking longingly at the lap already occupied. He won't settle for the soft, warm cat blanket beside us. Nothing but the lap will do. Baby Su, meanwhile, is undoubtedly enjoying her territory.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 100%%%%%% agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A positive thing-some time in the night a snuggly kitty climbed up on me to comfort me as it was a stressful night and I needed her companionship..she purred and made biscuits on me for almost half an hour...woke around 3ish and she was still there...draped across my midsection, head on my right shoulder, feeties in my left hand...she was snoring in my ear...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.