The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another thing I love about this site is how much I've learned about cat physical traits! For example, I always thought the cat that lives with 97 year old grandma and my twin aunts was just a gray tabby. I was looking at her yesterday and I was like "hey, she's a dilute torbie with a classic/marbled pattern."

And I learned that all from this fabulous site. How pawsitive is that?
That is great! :clap:

She sounds gorgeous!! Any pictures? That would be even more pawsitive in my book! :camera: :jive:

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My youngest cat loves to do obedience, agility, and otherwise be active. This winter she'll start her training as a therapy cat.
Therapy cat,, how awesome ahunter ahunter . I wonder what kind of training that involves. Here's a PAWsitively true fact I read years ago while studying holistic stress management : the majority of people in the hospital would rather be visited by their pets than their spouse!

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in tbe Salinas Valley-Saladbowl capital of the world. South of San Francisco and North of Los Angeles, 20 minutes inland from Monterey which is north of CARMEL, Clint Eastwood was the mayor years ago.
I have a mom that let me being home creatures so I've raised baby wild finches,blackbirds, starlings and sparrows. I noticed a huge shift from blackbirds here in the city to Crows, which bothers me! I have about a dozen hummingbirds that love my flowering plants and buzz me in the am. I so have a hawk buzzing me when I scream at him to leave tbe birds alone, you flying rat!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cardinals are so gorgeous. My mom loved them so much. I have a "fake" one that belonged to her up on top of her small china cabinet in a bouquet of "silk" flowers that was hers. It always reminds me of her.
ahunter ahunter -- your cat is gorgeous -- what copper eyes! and she has the copper lights in her coat, too. I'm sure the people who spend time with her will benefit very much from seeing her beauty and stroking her soft warmth.
Working away with the black-and-gold laptop. Looking forward to a quietish evening -- luckily, fireworks are illegal here, too, but I can hear some most times, because we're close to the L.A. border where they aren't -- and praying for a better 2018 year for everyone who has been through the many disasters this year. For us personally, it's been quite a good year, and another one like this wouldn't be bad at all.
IMG_0490.JPG

*Elvis, doing what he does best*

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I'm glad fireworks are allowed here. Not for New Year's, but for Independence Day. I really enjoy them.
I like them too. Most people dont bother anyone shooting them off. The kids love watching them.

The furnace is cranking keeping me warm. I am Cold for some dumb reason. And the cats are sharing the couch.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in tbe Salinas Valley-Saladbowl capital of the world. South of San Francisco and North of Los Angeles, 20 minutes inland from Monterey which is north of CARMEL, Clint Eastwood was the mayor years ago.
I have a mom that let me being home creatures so I've raised baby wild finches,blackbirds, starlings and sparrows. I noticed a huge shift from blackbirds here in the city to Crows, which bothers me! I have about a dozen hummingbirds that love my flowering plants and buzz me in the am. I so have a hawk buzzing me when I scream at him to leave tbe birds alone, you flying rat!!
We are very close in proximity, actually! I'm a little closer to Santa Cruz, but still pretty rural (outside Watsonville,) so not too many crows here. I just put out a bird feeder, for the cats and I to watch, and I'm looking forward to seeing who stops by!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I spent several days around Christmas in Philadelphia with my daughter and her husband and had a truly wonderful time visiting with them and with my other daughter who lives nearby. Among the things that made it so wonderful: Paul and Chula were in the hands of an excellent cat sitter and I was able to spend time with my three grandcats. Here is the lovely Miss Sylvia. The bed was a present to one of the other grandcats but, well, it's hers now!

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The boy kittens got adopted together yesterday! That's good news as I was worried about tux going alone. Mr Mooney is out and has come from being terrified of me trying to pet him to now he's curled as close to me as possible on the bed. If i could get him to give himself a bath now we would be in business!
20171231_135629.jpg
that's mr Mooney, would have never guessed he was the same cat I trapped like 3 weeks ago.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae My house is sealed up well and they are allowed on the furniture here :)

They hated the sweaters a lot, eventually they refused to cooperate and went on strike :angrycat:

NotHappyCats.jpg

They thought it was a Mega Pawsitive when I took the sweaters off:)

ahunter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Therapy cats need to have strong social skills. They should also be comfortable with a leash and it helps for them to know basic obedience commands such as "Come" and "Sit".

Therapy cat,, how awesome ahunter ahunter . I wonder what kind of training that involves. Here's a PAWsitively true fact I read years ago while studying holistic stress management : the majority of people in the hospital would rather be visited by their pets than their spouse!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
While staying with my daughter and her husband, I got to know my grandcat Millie a little better. Millie adores my son-in-law and is unquestionably a one-man cat. Here she is on the only lap worthy of supporting her royal self.

IMG_4397.jpg

Millie is also the house detective and guard cat. (I posted earlier about the ferocious growls she sent my way when I first arrived). When she goes on her rounds, she tests any closed doors she comes upon to confirm that they are firmly latched.

IMG_4411.jpg

Millie is also the house bouncer. After house guests have been on site 2 to 3 days, she takes up position in the guest room doorway and gazes with great hostility at the house guest in question. For whatever reason, I was spared the "Get out of my house right now" treatment although she did give me a final rude growl when I bid her farewell. Needless to say, I'm crazy about her.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ShaneKent, so love the furniture and sweater. Just wondering if you arw heavily bandaged? Dressing a cat=bathing a cat in my mind, unless it was the kittys idea???
I love the previous posts about therapy cats. If people can YOGA with baby goats why not? The one that got me was the flower delivery outfit that lets you either receive flowers OR lets you watch baby goats eat them, either way it's '$50.

OMG The post about MILLIE should be turned into a book for children! ;)-

Status
Not open for further replies.