The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all love watching nature programs on PBS, NatGeo and NatGeoWILD, Animal Planet, BBC America, etc. Our beloved angel Samuda used to love watching car chase scenes. He'd sit on the edge of the bed and follow them very intently. A true guy.
A nice day here; working away with tortoiseshell laptop. :dancingblackcat:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two have been making me laugh with their antics. I was moving through the house from room to room doing some chores and whatnot, and they followed me everywhere I went. It was really cute.
Then I tried to take a shower, and Jasper got very upset. I’m not sure why, besides the fact that he hates closed doors or not being able to get to me, but he was definitely not happy. He cried and cried, pawed at the glass, sniffed at the door, did all he could to get in. He didn’t calm down until after I’d gotten out of the shower. Does anyone else have a cat who does this?
Mine get very upset if they can't get into a room with me. They don't seem to care when John does it. I have to leave the door open when I go to the bathroom or shower because they absolutely must be there to protect me or something. They claw And throw themselves at the door, trying to get in. I shut them out when I was making Aislyn's blanket and wrapping presents cuz I needed them out of the way. John was here so it wasn't like they were alone. But it's fine if he closes the bedroom door while he's sleeping or something - as long as I'm out here. They got twice as bad when I got pregnant. It's gonna be rough when the baby comes and I close them out while he's sleeping. But, at least I'm always safe from whatever they think might get me! Haha

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was only 2F here today, (-15F with windchill). We had to go into the city and walked from the train which is over a mile but bundled up and stopped mid-way at Starbucks for a warm treat. They were playing some great songs, one in particular was Lady Marmalade. The barista and I shared a brief dance to the song. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kidnapped Murphy to get him to purr the baby to sleep cuz I needed a break from getting jabbed in the ribs. Worked like a charm. Just wait. After he's born, he's gonna need a purring cat or he won't sleep. What have I set myself up for?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's been so nice seeing all of the positive posts. Usually the negative threads take over and the positive ones get lost. Maybe we should try again to have a positive thread and keep it going through 2018?
Fantastic idea. :thumbsup: I'd love to read something positive on a daily basis, you're a genius!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 -- a healthier, happier, more well-adjusted, kinder, gentler, more compassionate kid than those raised without cats. In answer to your question.

Looking forward to a nice cool evening curled up with cats. I'll be having more chicken and avocado tacos, sauteed squash, fresh strawberries and fresh cold water. *Yum*

Lari Lari -- that's amazing that you have a 97-year-young grandma! The elders can be so funny! and they can have a lot of appreciation of true beauty (Lelia pictures) :lovecat4:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We got a call from the lady who is helping us get the foster kittens into one of the Tokyo Cat Cafes so they can be adopted. There is finally room for all four of them! They'll be going for their second round of vaccinations and to be spayed and neutered next Friday. They'll spend the weekend at the lady's house, then go to Tokyo on January 9th.

I'm going to miss these little guys, it's been so much fun having them around. I'm glad they're all going to eventually have nice new homes though. This will be a much better life than feral born kittens usually have.

:catlove:

Got to make the most of our last week together. Now, where's my camera......

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of those. They're like like coffee shops where people can go and pet kittens, right? I wish we had something like that around here. I want a kitten fix but we definitely can't adopt any more and the animal shelter has a look, but don't touch policy.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 it's definitely all good.

I've never been to a cat cafe - they have several in Chicago, but I really want to visit the catcade. Unfortunately you need reservations and the bf and I aren't great at planning ahead.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've heard of those. They're like like coffee shops where people can go and pet kittens, right? I wish we had something like that around here. I want a kitten fix but we definitely can't adopt any more and the animal shelter has a look, but don't touch policy.
There are a few where you can go and hang out with the resident cats, but the one these little guys will be going to do adoptions as well. They have a really good success rate. When we first put their names on the waiting list there were over 70 cats and kittens ahead of them. 3 months later and they've all gone to new homes and the cafe is accepting more kittens.

:clapcat:

I think it's a nice way to run a shelter. People can go in and get drinks and snacks and the cats are just wandering around the room freely. So you can see how they interact with other cats and how friendly they are with people. They're only caged over night, which is great for high energy kittens.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 A big part of me wants to keep them all, but I guess it's good to know your limits. :lol: They'll do better in homes where they get plenty of one on one attention, rather than joining my raggle-taggle hoard.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
We might just reach 2250 by New Year's Day! Today I turned a negative into a pawsitive. I was out early to see a movie & then planned on going swimming at my rec center, but I was so concerned about taking the bag of uh, used cat litter out with me that I forgot my swim bag. Instead I decided to walk home through Central Park even though it was snowing lightly. It was cold but not frigid like it's been for most of the week. The boat pond was frozen solid & there were people walking on it, which is quite dangerous. I did see a small part of it unfrozen with a single duck floating around, which made me realize how thin much of the ice probably was. I did get some great pictures of birds on the way home; I wish Luciano could have been with me to see them in person. I told them to come visit my bird feeder, but I didn't give them my address, so I'm not counting on it. :)
CIMG4148.JPG
CIMG4151.JPG
CIMG4155.JPG
CIMG4156.JPG

Last edited:

fleur4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost my much loved cat Dec. 3, to pancreatitis. My husband said the pain of losing her was awful and he didn't want another cat for at least 6 months. Last week we saw a photo of an adorable cat that looked just like her, and this cat was up for adoption. Guess who changed his mind on getting another cat? We are now the proud parents of a new Siamese cat. It doesn't make the pain of losing Lulu any easier, but now this cat has a loving home!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never seen Cardinals, we don't have them out here and your picture is gorgeous! That would be a great greeting card series. And MAX said your pictures rate 10+!!!!
Max's Human Max's Human where in California are you? I didn't realize cardinals weren't everywhere in the US. The only place I've seen hummingbirds in person is southern CA. I wish they would be here, or at least more prevalent here.

Status
Not open for further replies.