The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mia-

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Being a dog lover, as well as a cat lover, I'm very familiar with that movie. Best of all, it's based on a true story and Akitas are extremely noble dogs. Have you read the book, Hachiko Waits?

The professor had suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, while he was giving a lecture, and died without ever returning to the train station in which Hachikō would wait. Each day, for the next 9 yrs., 9 months and 15 days, Hachikō awaited Ueno's return, appearing precisely when the train was due at the station.
I'm with you, this story brings on the tears every time. :bawling2: But on a positive note, it proves that both dogs and cats are truly loyal to their human companions.
No, I have not read the book. I heard it was a little different from the movie. Is the book a more accurate telling of the real story?

And another pawsitively sweet and related story... In Japan, there is a cat that loyally hangs out with the statue of Hachiko. I haven't been able to find out that cat's name, but I think that's a wonderful story too!

:cutecat:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I just had a wonderful conversation with my niece. She was waiting for her plane in a French airport and I was being a potato on my couch. We swapped pictures of each other and admired how great the other one looked while protesting at the compliments sent our way. We also swapped photos of our surroundings and I must admit that I was overcome with a yearning for adventure when I saw her airport photos. But then I looked at my photos and realized that spending the afternoon on the couch had its rewards. :clapcat:

Chula and Cereus 1800x1200.jpg

Paul with Pillows 1663x1200.jpg

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IMG_8461.JPG
Mog finally jumped into his sunny window bed that I set up for him a couple of days ago. I put it on his favorite window, but it took a bit of checking out before he fully trusted it. I am looking at more window seats and perches for the kitties in the meantime.
:catlove:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Digby, our occasional feral visitor, came by this morning. Sometimes I see him almost every day, sometimes he won't visit for about a month. I haven't seen him in a long time so I was starting to get worried about him, but he looks fine.

I offered him food and water, as I always do, and he ate a tiny amount but left most, as he always does. I think he survives very well on what he catches, he's one of the healthiest looking feral cats I've ever seen.

This is a picture I took of him a few years ago.
Digby4.jpg

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Two cats and one dog have found homes!

Milu, female, one year:
FB_IMG_1510575335917.jpg

Negro, male, three years:
FB_IMG_1510575122257.jpg

Both cats were surrendered (separately) because they didn't get along with resident cats. They've been adopted as only cats.

Pius, 8 months, male:
FB_IMG_1510575091308.jpg

Pius's owner claimed he was "nasty", which is totally untrue. He's an absolute "beginner's dog" who loves everybody (including cats and bunnies).

I never got the video of Felix II doing somersaults. He was supposed to be boarded till the 20th, but his owners picked him up a week early.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We had the first snow of the season today :coldcat:It makes me so happy that I found Asha and brought her home with me back in 2015. I love that she'll never have to fend for herself in the cold again :cloud9:
That's early, and another "pawsitive" here today - the snow that was forecast didn't materialize !

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was afraid Marcy was never going to work out here. We spent quite a while trying to find her a home because she absolutely hated the boys. We thought she needed to be an only cat. It took her 2 months to stop being nasty, but she came around. So it's good that we couldn't find a home because now this is her home. I'm glad those kitties found homes. And the pupper. Everybody wins. But why would his previous people say he was mean if he's not? They could have caused him to be put down rather than finding a home. That's really mean. I'm glad he's got happy life ahead of him.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad those kitties found homes. And the pupper. Everybody wins. But why would his previous people say he was mean if he's not? They could have caused him to be put down rather than finding a home. That's really mean. I'm glad he's got happy life ahead of him.
They probably simply didn't want him once he'd outgrown his puppy cuteness, but didn't want to admit it. He's obedient, very loving, and otherwise very well-behaved. He wouldn't have been put down here - all animal shelters are no kill in Germany (how's that for "pawsitive"?). Animals can only be put down if they're dying, in extreme chronic pain, or so out of control that they present a mortal danger to humans (very rare; basically they'd have to have (almost) killed or very badly injured somebody).

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marcy is being a pain in the butt this morning, but in a way, it's kinda cute. The cats aren't allowed on the computer desk. That just means its the most desirable spot in the house. She keeps getting up there, trying to be sneakier and sneakier and jumps down when I catch her, but the second I glance away, she tries again. It's a non-stop battle and it's kinda cracking me up. She's so silly and stubborn.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Last night and this morning Honeybee has been watching the stove intently. Hoping the mouse comes out so she can catch it. I am thankful that she's a good mouser and they don't last long in this house! I plugged up the areas around the plumbing with steel wool-have to recheck it-it worked last winter. She was also watching intently in the bathroom under the garden tub-thankful for mouse traps so we don't have yucky mice running around! Honeybee good girl!

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I get to eat one of my favorite breakfast/lunches today and share it with the kitties! My avocadoes are ripe, yay! So I toast a piece of sourdough, spread avocado on it and top it with sardines. Yum! I'll give a bite of sardines to all of the animals, so everyone get's a snack.
And the price of avocados finally went down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.