The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I'm so glad you shared about Bonjure and especially about old Marcus. I've gone back and read those two posts several times, imagining it --or trying to, and feeling amazed and awed that an old tomcat would do that at all, and then to go so far out of his way.
I love that photo of Bonjure too, I'm so used to looking at a furry black feline face.....with yellowish eyes LOL!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Marcus was a wonderful giant old Tom. He brought me the greatest gift! Himself and Bonjure.
I have wonderful news tonight too. A kitten found me this afternoon. Probably about four or five months old. She is now safe inside my home. I know she was previously a pet and I will try to reunite her with her family if possible but either way, I was able to pick her up and get her safely tucked away before dark. She was very hungry but now her tummy is full, no predators to chase her, she is warm, has been getting love, been purring and is now sleeping peacefully on a fluffy blanket in my bathroom. Another kitty found around the time Bonjure came to me years ago.
That’s my positive!
DEC9D542-453F-4B3A-A50B-2D5A3CE26B10.jpeg

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our shelter manager was fostering a street dog from SE Europe- a young Corgi mix that was so terrified of people that she shook, drooled, wet herself, and tried to run away whenever somebody got too close. Over the course of three months, Mimi gradually made progress, e.g., she'd poke you for treats and let you touch her nose, and voluntarily go into a crate.

She went to a home experienced with feral dogs on Sunday, and the updates are great! Within two days, the woman managed to stroke her and put a collar on her. There's another former street dog in the home that she's already bonding with. Mimi has a good future ahead of her as a loving and beloved pet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@kittyluv387 ConCATulations on your move and on finding that Feliway plug-in to help your babies sleep! Feliway is a miracle in so many instances including moving -- sprayed in the carriers, it has helped many of my beloveds to make long journeys calmly and with less stress.
Wishing you the best in your new home, all!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful pawsitives from EVERYONE!

MY WASHER IS HERE AND INSTALLED! I have to go do laundry!
I'm a weirdo that genuinely loves doing laundry, @Mamany1953, even though my washer is not new. I love the clean soft warm clothes as they come out the dryer! And I'm glad to have inherited my folks' washer/dryer that works very well, in a nice laundry room I also inherited from them. It's all quite PAWSitive to me! Enjoy your new machine! :yess:
IMG_1414.JPG
Old pic of laundry room. You can see what's REALLY important in this family. :lolup:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made my gingerbread house today!
20181218_173621.jpg

I had some chocolate frosting, so I decided to have melting snow and mud as a 'theme'. I also used some leftover cereal and toppings from the houses we made with my students and their buddy classes earlier (milk cartons and graham crackers instead of gingerbread). Then I had to chase my brat around and bribe her with treats to get some pictures.

But there's only three days left of school and I survived two days of student birthdays. I'm officially off my wedding diet until after Christmas, because I just can't right now. I love treats too much and there are so many. But yummy.

So I guess it's positive tonight.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom I have so many questions. How do you keep those gorgeous ornaments from getting cattacked? Same with your tree collection, and the cookies on the table?
:lol::lol::lol: If you saw how my whole house is decorated you wouldn't believe I have a cat. The truth is that Abby is 15 years old now and can't be bothered by most of it. She's always been very well-behaved and I don't think she has ever gone up on the kitchen counters. She was into the kitchen table for a while when we first got her, but we broke her of that habit. Once in a while I do find her on the dining room table, but it's only a few times a year.

148 cookies later.....

Hmmm let's see what positive I can find. I'm getting my hair done in a few hours and one of my friends is getting hers done at the same time, so I'm hoping for some laughs and cheer.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My PAWSitive? Elvis' chin on my wrist and the rest of him croissant-ing on my lap. And 473 pages of PAWSitive posts! That's stupendous!
Nice shirts, mani mani and so true.
Lari Lari quite an intricate house!
neely neely Carleton deserves something special for the season! *along with lots of love, of course, every day!*
And AbbysMom AbbysMom -- 148? It definitely sounds like you need some help with those. There is an ever-growing group of us who would love to be helpful to you. ;):yummy:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive, got the windows clean, a couple rugs washed, some brownies baked, and possibly a cheesecake...AND a savory kugel is on the menu for supper. I'm not jewish but I've been seeing recipes for them, and simply HAD to make one at least once :)
I'm not either, Furballsmom Furballsmom , but many of my friends are including my oldest friend, whose house I grew up in as much as my own. I love a lot of the traditional foods!!! Just the thought of them is PAWSitive for me. *Hoping your kugel is wonderful!*

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
That song IS amazing, --they are SO good!! :cloud9:

Positive, the kugel is in the oven and smells yummy. Although I would have made the cheesecake upon request, the decision was eventually a no, but the brownies turned out ridiculously FAB, and someone from work today asked for a chocolate avocado cake recipe I've used :thumbsup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That song IS amazing, --they are SO good!! :cloud9:

Positive, the kugel is in the oven and smells yummy. Although I would have made the cheesecake upon request, the decision was eventually a no, but the brownies turned out ridiculously FAB, and someone from work today asked for a chocolate avocado cake recipe I've used :thumbsup:
Furballsmom Furballsmom ! I don't eat much. Really. That sounds so good. :yummy: PAWSitive for you that I don't know where you live :crackup:But I'm having my homemade lentil soup and a tomato/onion/avocado/Jack cheese on sourdough, grilled sandwich tonight, with a tangerine for dessert. Not too shabby, if I do say so. :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.