The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 My DS was just doing that on the kitchen floor this morning. Also yesterday and the day before that. I'm not nicknaming him Curly but I guess it fits. :p He of course found the clip very funny. ;)

I am currently enjoying my leftovers from lunch yesterday; from a local Mexican restaurant. Yummy yummy get in my tummy. :yummy:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A visual aid for your enjoyment! :flail::flail::flail:
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - I just love this clip! Lots of people (Stooges fans not included) fail to realise that Curly Howard was a truly fabulous showman - and dancer. Donald O'Connor - arguably the greatest of them all, called him, "the greatest of them all," and patterned the entire "Make 'Em Laugh" routine around Curly's signature steps, as homage to Howard, who passed away a short time before this scene was filmed, in 1952 - including the Curly Shuffle and the Curly Spin - imitated exactly, near the end of the routine, at about 3:27 here:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
yes, that's always good to know. Maybe we could get some sort of time share going? I'll have @Kat0121 lovely fluffy girls over here for the winter, then they can take Forest and Little Boy back for a few months of Florida sunshine. Carpet could go and visit segelkatt segelkatt for a while. Who do I get in return segelkatt? Any of your cats interested in visiting a Mount Fuji retreat?

Moo Shu is welcome here any time. I know she can't be as bad as you say she is.

That's right, I did! That was at the Mongolian Trekking Center in Nagano. It's a long drive from here, we usually only make it over there twice a year.

That's very nice>

:lol: Yeah, that should do it!

Just for you M maggiedemi

View attachment 253205 View attachment 253206 View attachment 253207
If you send Carpet for a visit only two of mine would be willing to come in her place. Capucchino is too old to go much of any place as she is also 18 like Bebe was. So that leaves Chamouti and Panthera. Chamouti is a couch potato and loves to be cuddled by me but is very leery of strangers although he will sit at the front door and is always glad to see one of the neighbors pass by with his dog. Panthera loves everybody and is very adventurous. He would love your enclosure and the chance to go out in grass and bushes and climbing trees and catching (and eating!) any creature around from flies to lizards and birds. So he would probably be a good candidate for a romp in the snow on the slopes of Fujiyama which he has never seen.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Lari --Thank you. I'm glad you like my song choices.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Great John Anderson song, I love those drinking songs. I don't miss the strong emotions that go with it though.

I guess that's my positive. Tonight at midnight it's been one week without a drop of alcohol. Feeling a lot healthier and ready to start my workout on Monday. :)

Bonus positive: Another song with beautiful words.
Please Come To Boston by Dave Loggins below:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi , Please Come To Boston is one of my favorite songs! I am so glad to hear it here, I will be singing all night.:musicnote::musicnote::musicnote: (Poor Speedy;)). Glad you are feeling better!

I stopped at the farm stand to inquire about Golden Russet apples, as I have not seen them yet.:( Great news! The Golden Russets come later in the season, but they are on the way. Today I chose Chestnut Crabapples. tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , I know you enjoy Crabapples, this variety is very sweet and crisp if you have not tried them yet.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - I just love this clip! Lots of people (Stooges fans not included) fail to realise that Curly Howard was a truly fabulous showman - and dancer. Donald O'Connor - arguably the greatest of them all, called him, "the greatest of them all," and patterned the entire "Make 'Em Laugh" routine around Curly's signature steps, as homage to Howard, who passed away a short time before this scene was filmed, in 1952 - including the Curly Shuffle and the Curly Spin - imitated exactly, near the end of the routine, at about 3:27 here:

There's something about that Curly spin that makes me start cracking up. The guy managed to be very wicked talented but be funny about it and do funny stuff with it. Physical comedy is not always easy to pull off.
Another guy that makes me laugh is Rodney Dangerfield. "I don't get no respect!" :biggrin:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt -- Thanks! He's a lifelong companion.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine *IT envy* Have you ever watched "CRIMINAL MINDS" on TV? It is very harsh, so maybe not. I'm a big fan, and I especially love the geek character and her wall of monitors.
Love techno, too!
R raysmyheart Thank you! If I ever see those, I will!
*And now, for something completely different!*
Put your phones on, kiddies, and turn it up. The most beautiful and powerful instrument, the human voice:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I like the TNR'd floor kitty. The floor kitties are not very common in fact they seem rare. I guess a lot of them have been severely damaged over time:(

The strange thing about the AVON cats, the ones that look computer generated, is that even though they are beautiful looking they do not fit in to what I want. Obviously I cannot keep all of it or I will end up a hoarder and my real cats will run out of space and start breaking stuff. This is only the end of Season 1 of Shane Finds Cat Art. The season isn't over, if I can top that last Blue Mountain Pottery cat with one of their cobalt color cats that would be a grand season finale:) Have a good day / night everyone.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I like the TNR'd floor kitty. The floor kitties are not very common in fact they seem rare. I guess a lot of them have been severely damaged over time:(

The strange thing about the AVON cats, the ones that look computer generated, is that even though they are beautiful looking they do not fit in to what I want. Obviously I cannot keep all of it or I will end up a hoarder and my real cats will run out of space and start breaking stuff. This is only the end of Season 1 of Shane Finds Cat Art. The season isn't over, if I can top that last Blue Mountain Pottery cat with one of their cobalt color cats that would be a grand season finale:) Have a good day / night everyone.
So auction them off or something! They are amazing! :bliss: I've never seen any like them. And even though they don't fit in with the master plan for Shane Finds Cat Art, couldn't they be separate treasures somewhere other than in the high-rises? *Just a thought*;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put your phones on, kiddies, and turn it up. The most beautiful and powerful instrument, the human voice:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Just, "wow!" I've never heard this, nor the Psalm Hear Us O! Heavens, although there are similar Hymns in West Saxon and Old Norse. It was worth the Googley-Woogley to find the Icelandic lyrics and run down a translation. Thanks - to say that your musical tastes are well-rounded and broad would be akin to calling Virgil a, Pretty good epic poet." What a voice she has!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Just, "wow!" I've never heard this, nor the Psalm Hear Us O! Heavens, although there are similar Hymns in West Saxon and Old Norse. It was worth the Googley-Woogley to find the Icelandic lyrics and run down a translation. Thanks - to say that your musical tastes are well-rounded and broad would be akin to calling Virgil a, Pretty good epic poet." What a voice she has!
We're spoiled out here in la-la land. We get to hear good stuff like that all the time on public radio. And since there's this new thing called STREAMING, folks in far-flung parts of the known universe, including, presumably, Olcott Beach, NY, can also enjoy on their computers, tablets, smartphones, or possibly even via tin foil hat via www.kusc.org. *Glad you liked.*

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I even go sit by 'em an' listen to the transistor radio.
Heh, while Moo Shu's back at the house defragging the raid drives to up performance and talkin' to newegg cuz she wants a NUC ...LOL

Sorry everyone, fell into geek talk there for a minute :lol2:

Here are some photos for positivity; I LOVE the lighting on the rose--all 100% natural!
An interesting little factoid that I didn't know until this year is that California Poppy flowers close at night, and the sunset is, believe it or not, the second sunset tonight :cloud9:

Attachments

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone else seen this?? It's old but it's hilarious!! He's making a huge parody of when Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney stole a police officers horse and tied it into making fun of the "She Thinks my Tractor's Sexy" song.
We can't stop laughing at this. It's nuts.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right back at you lovely!! XOXOXOXOXOX

I love this place. My pawwwsitive is the wonderfulness that is you all!
I really like this place and really like this thread, too.
Sometimes life is crappy and we get played some dirty pool, but then we come on here and find a reason to laugh a bit.
And sometimes we have cats that hop in our laps, act all nice, and wait til we're 99% asleep before they attack our faces/heads and wake up with a yell.
But that's never happened to me. :flail:

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like this place and really like this thread, too.
Sometimes life is crappy and we get played some dirty pool, but then we come on here and find a reason to laugh a bit.
:-)

And sometimes we have cats that hop in our laps, act all nice, and wait til we're 99% asleep before they attack our faces/heads and wake up with a yell.
But that's never happened to me. :flail:
:flail::flail:oh nooo that NEVER happens with a kitty. They are so polite they would never dream of it! :devilish:

I have to admit - nighttime sneak attacks can be quite hilarious!

Kitty nija's for the win!:gingercat:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't have a sneak attack in the night from our kitty, but she did take the entire hour at midnight to rummage around in her 'toy boxes', knocking jingle balls everywhere, Zoom, and (pawsitive!) she finally found Snorgel after he had gone missing 5 weeks ago! Though we are sleepy this morning, it is so nice to have such a goofy little soul living in our house with us (and I mean Milly... not Snorgel).
:bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.