The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completely agree! I’ve found that I do much better if at the end of the day I find something to remember that was pawsitive, even if it’s something as simple as hearing sadie’s Purr!
Ah, never underestimate the power of the PURR. Even western doctors are having to admit now that cats, more than any other beings, are healing for us in so many ways including that their purrs strengthen our -- and their -- bones! and being around cats lowers human blood pressure and enhances our feeling of wellbeing, which results in our wellness increasing! They are truly the most special beings.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes it really pays off to forget to move the camera off the bed at night. This morning, I woke up and this is almost the first thing I saw. I like to think Chula is gazing at me with love but she may have been thinking more of breakfast.

DSC_7996.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bf had an extra good day at work, which meant I got some surprise flowers.

tmp_8685-20180419_22011741485094.jpg

Don't worry, they were safely moved to the top of the fridge once the picture was snapped to keep them away from curious photobombers.

We may have also found an apartment for the two of us. Fingers crossed.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today was a lovely, productive, chore-filled day. After a delicious dinner, I'm looking forward to a relaxing day off tomorrow with extra cat cuddles. After learning that cat purrs are good for one's health, I really shouldn't skimp on my time with Lucy and Mog! :p

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here (...) the lilacs are slowly revealing vast numbers of buds - especially the old French Whites, which suggest that they'll be positively overloaded this Spring. For three weeks in May, the entire estate smells like lilacs, night and day, no matter where you walk.
In May, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ? We didn't have to wait that long...

IMG_20180420_080930.jpg IMG_20180420_080713.jpg

One of my two chickens passed away and my Sussex girl was feeling a bit lonely.
Two young girls - Uri and Ocha
- were released in the chicken run yesterday to cheer Sussex girl up.

IMG_8625 (2).JPG

IMG_8638 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had a wonderful day!

Friday's are supposed to be my day off, but somehow I've ended up working for a few hours every Friday evening this month. Oh well, never mind. I still have the whole day free.

I started with some yoga, then went horse riding this afternoon, then stopped at the garden center on the way home and bought loads of plants.

Planting after work tomorrow.

Here's the horse I rode, the lovely Kokuyo.

Horses62.jpg
Horses64.jpg

She's only 5 and still a bit green, but she's a good girl.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a wonderful day!

Friday's are supposed to be my day off, but somehow I've ended up working for a few hours every Friday evening this month. Oh well, never mind. I still have the whole day free.

I started with some yoga, then went horse riding this afternoon, then stopped at the garden center on the way home and bought loads of plants.

View attachment 227914 View attachment 227915

Oooh, wow !!! That close-up of Kokuyo's eye is really beautiful, Norachan Norachan .

I am enjoying my second day off this week; it's too hot to be Spring, but I don't mind.

The sun makes all the colours look more bright.

IMG_8681.JPG

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The shelter got a nasty little mutt last week that managed to send somebody to the ER during his first 24 hours. Today he seems to be making some progress. The manager was able to walk in and out of his kennel without being bitten, a new dog walker got a leash on him and took him for a walk, and he took bits of chicken breast out of my hand without growling or snapping.

The ferals got a present this week from the local senior citizens' workshop
FB_IMG_1524232515845.jpg

That's Felicitas on it. She always eats with her paws, which is quite funny to see.

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In May, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ? We didn't have to wait that long...

View attachment 227904 View attachment 227905

One of my two chickens passed away and my Sussex girl was feeling a bit lonely.
Two young girls - Uri and Ocha
- were released in the chicken run yesterday to cheer Sussex girl up.

View attachment 227906

View attachment 227907

mama africa mama africa - Uri and Ocha and just lovely!

Do you take lifetime guests with 3 cats, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine :lolup: Sounds like you're making me an offer I can't refuse.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Do you mean you'd come for the week-end, and then leave the cats for a Lifetime?

;)

The shelter got a nasty little mutt last week that managed to send somebody to the ER during his first 24 hours. Today he seems to be making some progress. The manager was able to walk in and out of his kennel without being bitten, a new dog walker got a leash on him and took him for a walk, and he took bits of chicken breast out of my hand without growling or snapping.

The ferals got a present this week from the local senior citizens' workshop
View attachment 227926

That's Felicitas on it. She always eats with her paws, which is quite funny to see.
jcat jcat - What a wonderful Cat Tower - and well-decorated too!

I had a wonderful day!

View attachment 227914 View attachment 227915

Norachan Norachan - Kokuyo is a beautiful girl; how nice that you had a chance to ride again!

§ § §

Here we're well behind everyone else it seems, but Spring is coming! Under Belgian-Blue skies, there are numerous buds on the old Purple Lilac:

4201.jpg

4202.jpg

and the side of the path through the woods is teeming with early risers including Daffodils in various stages of awakening:

4203.jpg

4204.jpg

and Hellebores - and the various little woodland flowers who self-seed here:

4205.jpg

4206.jpg

4207.jpg

Something told me to turn 'round at the top of the high bank, where the river is running a little clearer now, thanks to the end of the ice break-up just below Niagara Falls. Apparently, this is the reason I was prompted to turn back, since, in looking into the shrub border, this little fellow was just awakening, fanning his wings to dry them after a long Winter cocooned:

4208.jpg

Not a bad walk in the least. Here's wishing everyone on TCS a fabulous day!

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine You sly dog. Ain't no way. Don't even entertain the thought. It's a package deal. The cats AND the servant. Take it or don't. You don't get the rose without the thorns. :insertevillaugh: Really nice butterly, btw. I was a butterfly nerd as a little kid and I'm still really interested in them.
mama africa mama africa My condolences for your loss. I remember when one of our flock would get ready to pass, there were a couple of the girls who'd stand watch with her.
jcat jcat nice little place for ferals!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari , such a pretty bouquet of flowers!

I was able to capture a few photos after work today, as I went for a short ride here in central Mass, Northeast United States. Somewhat cool and windy, we may be having a late start to Spring here, as you will see. However, not to worry, as I promise, on the trees, I did see many buds just waiting for the right spell of warmth to come our way.

The wind playing with the water's surface -
20180420_174156.jpg
20180420_174133-1.jpg

A backroad that will soon be green -
20180420_172356-1 (1).jpg

A pretty blue creature in the water reflected from the sky above -

20180420_172249.jpg

Spring will even soon come to the mall, these flower boxes are stunning every year once they have a nice warm spell -
20180420_175539-1.jpg

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , you really have captured a special Springtime moment in the butterfly photo! Beautiful!

Thank you to all for all of these wonderful posts that make me smile.:)

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan that picture of Kokuyo is amazing! So glad you got to ride!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine we too are all lucky that you turned round (and round with your camera,) and captured the beauty of the Niagara landscape! Thank you!

I got to hang out and play with my friends for a while today.
IMG_9713.JPG

Even Lucy took a turn, which was nice because I've been trying to encourage her to play more. We must've gotten every toy out! Afterwards, they all laid out on in the sun and slept while I caught up on some sewing. A great day so far!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O the Owl here looks like he's ready to become a chrysalis. I imagine on Monday several of our caterpillars will have tranformed to the next stage.
20180420_153825.jpg

The bf and I also got offered the apartment! It should be a good fit for us and the kitties.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Best news all day, I received an e-mail from our local pet store that I earned $10.00 in reward points towards anything in the store. :jump: Maybe I can show Carleton pics of cat toys on-line and have him choose his favorite. :wink:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Best news all day, I received an e-mail from our local pet store that I earned $10.00 in reward points towards anything in the store. :jump: Maybe I can show Carleton pics of cat toys on-line and have him choose his favorite. :wink:
I just got one of those! I bought the furries some Salmon Greenies, which they adore. Sundar is recovering from tooth surgery so, out of fairness, they'll stay unopened until he's up for it.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I took Forest Cat for a haircut today. It's kind of a shame to cut all that lovely fur off, but he always seems so much happier after a trim. He keeps coming up for more pets so you can tell him how handsome he looks.

Before.

View attachment 228064 View attachment 228065
And after.
View attachment 228066 View attachment 228067
Honeybee loves her hair cut too. She gets pretty mad when it snags on stuff in the yard. Yesterday she kept running and grooming like something sticky on her fur. I finally got her to come in and Jon gave her a good brushing which she somewhat tolerates. I can't wait until it warms up enough to cart her off to the groomers-her fur is so light and fluffy that it sticks to everything and vacuuming doesn't work. I do love her beautiful fur! But I like her as a short hair cat better. We trim her tail and everything down to 3/4" long.

I think my butterfly bush is dead=we got that weird sleet freezing rain last week. Last night I spent 3 hours doing yard work clearing out leaves etc and pruning the butterfly bushes-all were loose in the ground-which is VERY unusual. I packed more dirt around them and pruned off last years growth-I never prune in the fall as it can damage it with extreme cold temps we get. I have trimmed it back in march/april before but we never got that freezing rain/snow like that after it's starting to grow-it has green under some of the branches-I have to wait a few weeks I guess. I started these from tiny plants back in 2007? 2008? they get bigger and bigger every year. The ones out front get 10 feet or taller. The younger one on the side of yard only gets 4 to 5 feet tall. The stalks/roots grow really deep and hard that when I divide them I need a chainsaw to break them apart-so having the roots very loose is concerning.

Let's hope they come back- They provide shade for us in the front yard-and the bees/birds love them too. At least I still have tons of bee balm coming up but I really love that butterfly bush-it gives a bit of privacy if I want to sit in my garden without anyone seeing me. Here's hoping it comes back bigger and stronger!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari , such a pretty bouquet of flowers!

I was able to capture a few photos after work today, as I went for a short ride here in central Mass, Northeast United States. Somewhat cool and windy, we may be having a late start to Spring here, as you will see. However, not to worry, as I promise, on the trees, I did see many buds just waiting for the right spell of warmth to come our way.

The wind playing with the water's surface -
View attachment 227992 View attachment 227993

A backroad that will soon be green -
View attachment 227994

A pretty blue creature in the water reflected from the sky above -

View attachment 227995

Spring will even soon come to the mall, these flower boxes are stunning every year once they have a nice warm spell - View attachment 227996

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , you really have captured a special Springtime moment in the butterfly photo! Beautiful!

Thank you to all for all of these wonderful posts that make me smile.:)
R raysmyheart - Just one great photo after another; thanks for sharing these beauties!

It's headed up into the high fifties today, and people like @Shane Kent who hear voices know what that means. There's a canoe calling me from the beach, screaming, "put me in the water!" Always listen to the voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.