The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes mama africa mama africa - more of your lovely pictures, please! I love getting to see your adventures. And Missy's adventures, too, of course!

Today Mondo and I went on a long walk and found a super cool tree. I saw a spray paint mark, and thought it was slated to be felled, which made me sad. The tree is beautiful. However, upon closer inspection, it was just a graffitied tag on a branch. Even though I live in a rural area, we unfortunately have quite the graffiti problem.
But on the PAWsitive side, at least this old tree will not be cut down! I was so relieved that it was a small, likely fixable problem. Mondo and I will be back tonight to try and wash it off.

IMG_9517.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today Mondo and I went on a long walk and found a super cool tree. I saw a spray paint mark, and thought it was slated to be felled, which made me sad. The tree is beautiful. However, upon closer inspection, it was just a graffitied tag on a branch. Even though I live in a rural area, we unfortunately have quite the graffiti problem.
But on the PAWsitive side, at least this old tree will not be cut down! I was so relieved that it was a small, likely fixable problem. Mondo and I will be back tonight to try and wash it off.

View attachment 225117
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Mondo's expression is very clear here - disgust at the thought that someone would do this to a venerable tree.

We don't have a "tagging" problem here, thankfully - thanks in part to the Sheriff's Deputies who have declared absolute zero tolerance for property crimes in the three towns. Four years ago, a sixteen year old not-quite-local chap "tagged" a mail box outside the Post Office in the village. In this day and age of cameras being absolutely ubiquitous, it seems rather bizarre, and of course, a quick review of several closed-circuit cameras turned up the young man's identity. Local law enforcement turned it over to the USPS Office Of Investigation, who flipped it to the FBI since it's destruction of federal property. The story got lots of local coverage, the young man - charged with three separate federal crimes - got a seven year suspended sentence, and his Father got a bill for the replacement of the curbside collection box. As far as I know, it remains the only instance of "tagging" in my neck of the woods. Thank Heavens - and the local constabulary!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- what a sad story but there is the good part -- sweet Lance! He doesn't look anywhere near 21 and something about him really captures my heart. May he live long and prosPURR! I know he has the very best home with lots of love and best care.

That's great about your community being so caring. My community used to be a lot more like that but has gone the way of so many in these hard economic/political times. Fortunately, on my particular block anyway, most people take a lot of pride in keeping up their homes/yards, and it is still rated one of the better cities in terms of low crime, high quality schools, etc. There has always been a mix of people in terms of being caring and not caring, but for the most part, it's a pretty good place to live and we have TNR as municipal policy! :yess::clapcat::petcat:

As for your vid, I was familiar with that one covered by Cowboy Junkies. A whole different vibe. I won't post that here because I'd rather post this "blue moon".
IMG_0733.JPG

:tabbycat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Easter Bunny came early to our house. Must be he wanted to avoid the high winds and possible snow predicted.View attachment 225151
Warm weekend wishes to all and mama africa mama africa I never would have guessed that English wasn't your first language!
donnae donnae How cute! I miss our cottontail and jackrabbit visitors in the Mojave so much. We used to buy rabbit pellet to feed them, and kept a big bowl outside plus a big bowl of water. The wood rats and kangaroo rats would raid the pellet, too -- so cute!
IMG_0772.JPG

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:hyper:When I was in the 6th grade my brother and I found a baby cottontail that was about to be eaten by a gopher snake, out along a country road. Mom stopped the car and we found an old stewpot, in the trunk of mom's 65 Chevy Impala Rob pulled the snake away while I grabbed HOPPITY and took him home, in the pot! Dad built a cage, but after a couple weeks HOPPITY became wild and we took him and let him loose to live his life. A month after his release, mom and I went out to the spot he was released and when mom called out his name a little cottontail ran right up to her, next to her foot, she rubbed his head and moments later he left. I think about him frequently and hope he had a great life. That shows how far we would get involved to help those in need

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dog got out of the fenced backyard today. My heart sank. When I saw two broken fence pickets, I got that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I quickly wrote up some strips of paper with his name and description and my name and phone, and started knocking on neighbors' doors. No one would know he was my dog, because he's never out of my own house or yard. Until today.

The 3rd neighbor I spoke with had seen him, taken him inside with her dogs, and was making up "Found Corgi" posters! :celebrate:

People have a way of restoring your faith in the kindness of humanity. I need to bake them some fresh bread or cookies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- what a sad story but there is the good part -- sweet Lance! He doesn't look anywhere near 21 and something about him really captures my heart. May he live long and prosPURR! I know he has the very best home with lots of love and best care.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - That's the same way I feel whenever I see a photo of your dear departed Angel Sishya - something in her simply captured my Heart, as I suspect it did with many others as well.

The Easter Bunny came early to our house. Must be he wanted to avoid the high winds and possible snow predicted.
donnae donnae - Holy cats rabbits, now that's a coincidence - the Easter Bunny came here early as well, and it looks like he's taken up residence!

mooshueaster.jpg

I sure hope there's some chocolate around here in the morning.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my bracket is broken, but my bf is happy about the Michigan win and Loyola had a good run, so it's still pawsitive.

Today Lelia watched me take a bubble bath and conned me into an extra playtime. I think she's enjoying having me home for more hours, but who can really tell?

Now I've just got to convince her to cuddle more. :catlove:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to stay close to home this weekend which gave me the chance to watch two movies, Shadow Of A Doubt 1943 which was very suspenseful and also, The Doctor Takes A Wife, 1940 with one of my favorite actors, Loretta Young and Ray Milland. In the latter, every line was a treasure to me and I found so clever and funny. It was one funny line after another. The funny lines never stopped. Young and Milland were super together.

Lari Lari , yes, please makes sure that Lelia gets extra cuddles from R raysmyheart and Speedy!!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good heavens! I hope that picture is photo-shopped, otherwise you must be typing with the bloody stumps of what used to be your fingers.

:lol:

I think we have lots of rabbits around here. I've never seen them, but there are always bunny foot prints in the snow whenever I go for a walk.

It's a lovely day here today. The best bit is that I finish work at 3 pm, so I'll be able to do a couple of hours gardening before the sun goes down.

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, there's an April Fools Where's Waldo game on google maps. I just spent the last half hour or so finding everyone.

I loved those books when I was a kid. It brought me back to my childhood.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you everyone for keeping the Pawsitive thread going for the fifth month in a row! :cheerleader:

We've had 658 positive posts in this thread during March, rounded up to a donation of $66. Two of our prize winners this month @SheriB (who won a mug for making post #4000 in this thread) and mama africa mama africa (who won a tote bag in the Picture of the month contest) asked for the cost of their prize (including shipping) to be moved into the donation jar! :clap:

The total came to just over $100 which I rounded up to $110 and donated to the House of Dreams no-kill cat-only shelter in Portland, OR!

I'm documenting our current post count at #4235 and wanted to let everyone know that I've decided to make the donations on a quarterly base. So, the next donation will be made on July 1st for a total of 10 cents per each post made between #4235 and the post number we'll have in July 1st.

Until then, if anyone wants to recommend a cat charity please let me know in a private message! They need to be -
  • Cat-only
  • No-kill
  • 503 (1) compliant

Thank you!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to have the Pawsitive thread continue, to help cats in need and to spread positivity.

I received a most wonderful Easter gift just now as I was in the kitchen making coffee. As I looked through the window at the backyard, I saw the most beautiful deer that had come out of the woods and into my yard. It looks like a white-tail deer, female by comparing it to examples online. This is my first deer this Season to see. It seemed to walk so quiet and gentle and just walked back into the woods. My Late Father and I had a special connection to deer and many conversations about how he loved them, I can't help feeling seeing this deer today is very special, indeed.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a bright, beautiful Easter Sunday here on Lake Ontario's south shore, with a light breeze blowing from the river to the road, and with the sounds of songbirds everywhere.

For those who observe Easter as an Holy Day, may the celebration of the Resurrection of Christ the King bring you peace.

For those who celebrate today an an holiday, may you find your chocolate bunny before your Mother bites the ears off!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Happy Easter everyone! Mog and Lucy were up early, so I got some playtime in before work. No doubt they were looking out for that Snowshoe Bunny who gives out catnip rabbits and hidey-hole Easter baskets! They also wanted to find out if plastic eggs are as much fun in the bathtub as ping pong balls. What are some other fun Easter activities?

IMG_9543.JPG

Besides having a Cadbury Egg for breakfast. I got that covered.

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Easter to all the TCS members !
Bunny Moo Shu crossed the ocean to deliver some chocolate eggs for Missy. She enjoyed playing with them.

View attachment 225271 View attachment 225272
mama africa mama africa , I am glad Bunny Moo Shu made the trip across the ocean and safely delivered chocolate eggs for beautiful Missy as she is seen in the nicest of holiday photos! Missy looks extremely pleased with her presents! Please let Missy know that Bunny Moo Shu stopped first in Massachusetts to leave a special breakfast treat for Speedy, who is most happy, also. It seems this must be the busiest day of the year for Bunny Moo Shu.

Status
Not open for further replies.