The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a free large french fry from McDonald's this afternoon for having to wait a long time for my meal. :woohoo: There must have been some kind of mix up because they served several other cars that came behind me and the poor girl trying to handle it all (in nasty weather) had to ask what I was supposed to have. I wasn't upset. I understand how things get when restaurants are busy. But my kids and I enjoyed splitting some extra fries. (Now if anyone needs me I'll be sleeping the grease coma off....
)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SheriB SheriB and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Thanks to both of you for posting these images; a great many of us "back east" only but rarely get to see such remarkable beauty as this. I admit to being a "Badlands" fan, but the extent of what I've seen is Monument Valley where Utah and Arizona meet. Absolutely breathtaking views, still freshly remembered from 55 years ago.

No such scenery here today, although we did have bright blue skies the whole day through, and the lake at Olcott harbour was almost calm, with an almost ultramarine hue. A few resident gulls and cormorants seemed to be enjoying the first day of Spring, sunning themselves on the piers and the breakwall.

olcottharbour.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SheriB SheriB and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Thanks to both of you for posting these images; a great many of us "back east" only but rarely get to see such remarkable beauty as this. I admit to being a "Badlands" fan, but the extent of what I've seen is Monument Valley where Utah and Arizona meet. Absolutely breathtaking views, still freshly remembered from 55 years ago.

No such scenery here today, although we did have bright blue skies the whole day through, and the lake at Olcott harbour was almost calm, with an almost ultramarine hue. A few resident gulls and cormorants seemed to be enjoying the first day of Spring, sunning themselves on the piers and the breakwall.

View attachment 223506
That's beautiful country there. If you ever get the chance, I strongly encourage you to visit SW Utah, wherein is KANAB, the home of Best Friends Animal Society, a lot of extremely sweet cats as well as other animals and some people you WILL like, as well as several national parks including Zion and Bryce Canyon. You owe it to yourself. It is undoubtedly one of the most PAWSitive places on the planet.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do thank all my friends here today for such wonderful posts and photos, all of which have made a very happy day for me. :daisy: :tree: :)
My co-worker called today and asked if I could take her shift later in the week and she would take my shift tonight. I agreed and it helped her and also gave me the entire day off! It has given me time to prepare for tomorrow's storm without stress and that is a paw-sitive extra gift I got today.:clover: :purplebutterfly: :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm either a great or terrible kitty owner, because I had one more strip of bacon in the package than my salad needed so I cooked it and gave a piece of it to Lelia.

She was happy, so that's positive. And there's only six more school days until spring break.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure Lelia would agree R raysmyheart ! I do terrible, terrible things like taking off my coat or putting away perishable groceries before I play with her! :p might as well call animal control straight away.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and tinydestroyer tinydestroyer this mousie is actually Lelia's favorite:
20180320_202503.jpg

But she'll play happily with any mousie. She's non-discriminatory like that.

This doesn't feel pawsitive enough. Um...I'm getting a bit better at tap dancing. Yay!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure Lelia would agree R raysmyheart ! I do terrible, terrible things like taking off my coat or putting away perishable groceries before I play with her! :p might as well call animal control straight away.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and tinydestroyer tinydestroyer this mousie is actually Lelia's favorite:
View attachment 223519

But she'll play happily with any mousie. She's non-discriminatory like that.

This doesn't feel pawsitive enough. Um...I'm getting a bit better at tap dancing. Yay!

Lari Lari - Given that I could not be worse at tap-dancing, we're sort of even.

;)

The three pack catnip mousies seem to be less sturdy than they once were. I have the needle and thread out as I'm typing this, just about to do a mousestuffectomy on Clawed-Ya's prize mousie. The tail always seems to go first, and then the poor mousie just goes to pieces all at once, like the Parson's wonderful one-hoss shay - and it's not even All Saints' Day. Ah well - off to make a FrankenMouse!

There are a few cirrus clouds tonight, rushing high above, but for the most part, the stars are out in abundance, and it's a glorious night to simply stand outside and look up.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari - Given that I could not be worse at tap-dancing, we're sort of even.

;)

The three pack catnip mousies seem to be less sturdy than they once were. I have the needle and thread out as I'm typing this, just about to do a mousestuffectomy on Clawed-Ya's prize mousie. The tail always seems to go first, and then the poor mousie just goes to pieces all at once, like the Parson's wonderful one-hoss shay - and it's not even All Saints' Day. Ah well - off to make a FrankenMouse!

There are a few cirrus clouds tonight, rushing high above, but for the most part, the stars are out in abundance, and it's a glorious night to simply stand outside and look up.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , I hope the felt mouse operation goes well. A very paw-sitive thing for me is to see tiny cat destruction on toys and it gives me a good laugh!

A break in the clouds, and a lack of traffic conspired to bestow this view during my walk with Mondo:
View attachment 223528
Love me a good sunset.
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer , your photo has left me speechless in its beauty. What a treasure for you to see this today and to capture it and also to share it with us!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A break in the clouds, and a lack of traffic conspired to bestow this view during my walk with Mondo:
View attachment 223528
Love me a good sunset.
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - I'm with R raysmyheart on this one; that might very well be the best sunset photo I've seen on TCS - and given the photos we've seen just in this thread alone over the last four thousand posts or so, that says a lot.

Even Ferdinand Puigaudeau never managed anything like this, and he was the Master of the Impressionist Sunset.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - his sunsets are magnificent! Maybe in an era when a camera couldn't capture the realism of one of Nature's sunsets, he did a perfect job of capturing the truth of them. Sunset by smartphone has the benefit of accurately showing what I got to see, I suppose, but I was just in the right place at the right time!

R raysmyheart I'm happy to share! I know it seems funny to say this in a time when social media is everywhere, but I love being able to share pictures on TCS. Seeing the beautiful words and photos everywhere on this site always brightens my day! The interactions are so PAWsitive and refreshing!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Isn't it supposed to be spring today? We have about 30 cm of snow here. I went out this morning and dug myself a little path to the winter store shed, so I could bring in all the cat food that we needed. It's snowing so hard that my path has filled up again now.

My positive news is that I had a long chat with my sister on Skype last night. Greysha the Geisha, the cat her shelter rescued a few weeks ago, is settling in to her foster home really well. She's very playful and hasn't stopped purring since she got there.

:purr:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
SheriB SheriB I have never seen a view like that in person nor did I get to go to the Canadian far north. I appreciate those photos as much as the far north photos I posted that my coworkers took. As barren as they seem they are beautiful views. A stark contrast to where I live.

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer That sunset is magnificent, I love the colors :)

I managed to get a closer photo of the wild turkeys today, just down the street from where I work.

WildTurkeysOttawaMarch21_2018.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it supposed to be spring today? We have about 30 cm of snow here. I went out this morning and dug myself a little path to the winter store shed, so I could bring in all the cat food that we needed. It's snowing so hard that my path has filled up again now.

My positive news is that I had a long chat with my sister on Skype last night. Greysha the Geisha, the cat her shelter rescued a few weeks ago, is settling in to her foster home really well. She's very playful and hasn't stopped purring since she got there.

:purr:
Norachan Norachan - Take the advice of R raysmyheart and be cautious in the snow. Surely Forest Cat is big enough to use a shovel, no?

No snow here, and warmer temperatures developing over the next week - culminating in some fifty-five degree days at this time next week. Time to order mulch!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No snow here, and warmer temperatures developing over the next week - culminating in some fifty-five degree days at this time next week. Time to order mulch!
We are getting some weather here; but you just don't know how bad I want to go pick up all my mulch and soil for the year! I'd love to have my peas in the ground soon!!

In pawsitive news; my DS is over his bug and back to his normal happy self. It was so quiet around here yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.