The loss of my beautiful cat brought me here..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lbailey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Love will happen quick, most of the kitties were excited to see me, and to be greeted!

lbailey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks MargeCat!

lbailey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Cat-astrophe, being at the shelter did help, and I thought of how a tough situation opens up a good thing, both for other cats and myself... thanks to Lucy (my cat).

ana2013

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OMGoodness,

New here, and read your post, your kitty sounds amazing, wonderful and so loving. I bet that in kitty heaven your kitty is hoping that you remember the wonderful time and forgive yourself. 

Those people who took your cat have their own issues, and have their own karma path to follow. Let your heart flow with the love from your kitty and forgive yourself. I don't' know if this helps or not, but I use it all the time:

Grant me the the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

courage to change those things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference.

And to be guided by love.

lbailey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, those words do help... I have been able to talk to the people who took my cat, and try to see that they were trying to help, though I learned they never checked back in on my cat. I was unable to follow through with the euthanization on that day, so perhaps they were that role, I am trying to forgive myself for this, and many people are encouraging me to do so, but it's difficult... I was scared of my cat dying, and learned to accept it with a hard lesson...

I appreciate everyone's words, I felt so terrible for a while, and now I am more concentrating on the awesome experience of this cat in my life!

sonadora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I appreciate everyone's words, I felt so terrible for a while, and now I am more concentrating on the awesome experience of this cat in my life!
Ibailey, that is EXACTLY what Lucy wants. I am so sorry that this happened to you and her, but I'm glad to hear you've found solace in caring for others in need. We are here for you, so keep us posted! 

lbailey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
An update... I found out that Lucy was put down the next day after she was brought to the shelter, I did talk to the people who brought her there one last time. I also spent time at the shelter this morning, and saw many beautiful cats, all except for one shy and sensitive cat were putting out their paws to me, meowing, and as I would give attention to one kitty say on the lower level, kitties on the top level would tassel with my hair, so cute! I went to the West L.A. shelter, so if any of you live here, or have friends here, I recommend an adoption, there are some really good looking and sweet cats!

sonadora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ibailey, I'm so happy you talked to them again. I hope it brought you some peace. How is everything?

lbailey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for checking in Sonadora, I have been visiting the shelter, and hope I can be a help to some of the cats and kittens there... I talk about the shelter outside of it, and keep suggesting to people to go get a cat... hopefully some will do it. I am doing fine, keep appreciating Lucy, hoping she really is around in spirit, those words always sound nice, but I'm a seer to believer kind of gal, it would be neat to know her essence is near!