The kitties around here must LOVE me...A little help here! lol

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I'm sure most of you know my story...The kitties I found, they passed away a few days later, then that same night I found a stray in my yard having babies? Well...ANOTHER stray brought a kitty(about 7 weeks old...about a week older than the other kitties that I have) and she dropped it inside of my pool fence at my door then ran! It's like she had been watching me with the other cat's babies, and she wanted me to wean this one!
It went CRAZY! I couldn't catch it, so I decided to just sit some food out...it ate it! What should I do? Should I go tomorrow and get a trap and try and tame her a little? I just don't know...I guess I'm a crazy cat lady at 21!!!!

Oh and...one more question while you guys are here...The stray momma's kitties that I bring in and feed all the time,(I leave them out during the day, bc they are only 6 weeks old, and nothing can get inside my fence to hurt them...they sleep inside all night) she acts like she's getting so mad when I bring them in now. I don't know what to do about it...because they still nurse during the day and they are WAY to young to leave her...(I'm keeping two inside when they are old enough) I'm just confused
and worried that she will move them!!! PLEASE tell me this wont happen, because I LOVE THOSE BABIES!
Just any ideas would help! Again, I CAN NOT bring the momma inside...she only lets me pet her every so often and I can NOT pick her up...I tried.

Hope all this sounded right...LOL

brennok

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would definitely try to catch the kitten and tame it.

We went through something similar. We had a stray cat we adopted that delivered 3 kittens. We couldn't find where she delivered and when we finally found them they were feral at 9 weeks. We brought them in to tame and the mother would cry at the bathroom door trying to get them to follow her. If we put her in the room with us and the kittens all she wanted was to get out. Eventually she gave up.

Is there a reason you don't bring the mother in or will she not let you get close?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure which mom you're talking about, but the one who has been here a while, only let's me pet her every so often and only for a few seconds....she hisses and scratches me(she got me gooood yesterday...lol) Anyways, the other mom of the NEW kitty, I have never seen before today...
LOL. I'm telling you, the stray cat population here is terrible. We have one neighbor, and seeing as to how far we live out, they must think it's OK to have a cat farm...at one time they had 50!!! Then they just kept on having litter after litter...baby after baby!!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by PrincessTiffany

I'm not sure which mom you're talking about, but the one who has been here a while, only let's me pet her every so often and only for a few seconds....she hisses and scratches me(she got me gooood yesterday...lol) Anyways, the other mom of the NEW kitty, I have never seen before today...
LOL. I'm telling you, the stray cat population here is terrible. We have one neighbor, and seeing as to how far we live out, they must think it's OK to have a cat farm...at one time they had 50!!! Then they just kept on having litter after litter...baby after baby!!!
Hey Tiffany..sounds like you really need a TNR group to come in and help you. Below is a list of TNR groups in North Carolina:

http://www.alleycat.org/orgs.html#nc

Good Luck

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Katie...thanks alot for the info!!! I have two adult cats of my own...and I'm keeping two kitties, so that's all I can afford to keep. I do feed all the strays, but it's getting harder and harder...but I can't let them go hungry! I'm going to catch all the females I can and get them fixed. That should help the problem ALOT!
It's good to know that there are low-cost clinics around!

THANKS AGAIN!
I'm going to do everything I can!

EDIT: I just called Friends of Feral Felines in Charlotte and left a message! Said it could be a week before they respond, but hey, it's a start! I'll let you know how it goes! I think they can help me, ALOT!
Thank you so much!