The getting to know you Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glenwood Springs, Colorado.  Wonderful hot spring swimming pools, gorgeous scenery, and in Glenwood Canyon is the trail head for Hanging Lake, a gorgeous gem of a lake filled by a lovely little waterfall.

What is your favorite food?

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have multiple responses, but will say a nice walk and a good book for a start!

A favourite song that came out this year?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
(While vanilla beans are by a very technical definition fruit, calling vanilla icecream fruit-flavored is very cheeky. :lol3:)

My biggest goal for the year is finding a new full-time job since freelancing isn't going great, but still to work from home.

What kind of houseplants or garden plants if any do you have?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mother in laws's tongue.

Do you have a back garden with flowers and trees?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Sort of. Got trees and a few flowers but the backyard is common area that no one can build in. Most of my flowers are on the other three sides of my lot. Miss my flowers.

Do you buy plants only from a greenhouse or do you do shares where people dig up some of their local plants and exchange/buy? Example of this is a church/library plant sale that often people bring locally grown plants.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't buy plants. They appreciate it. They cringe when they see me walking through the garden center. I have to tell them, "JUST PASSING THROUGH!!"  I hear the sighs of relief.

what's your favorite mixed drink?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to go to my hometown to visit friends. I haven't been there in 4 years.

What's your favorite thing to do when you have some time alone?

Last edited:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(While vanilla beans are by a very technical definition fruit, calling vanilla icecream fruit-flavored is very cheeky.
)

My biggest goal for the year is finding a new full-time job since freelancing isn't going great, but still to work from home.

What kind of houseplants or garden plants if any do you have?
I agree, we don't think of vanilla ice cream as fruit flavored. Will you please explain ' cheeky ' to us Americans?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of time alone. Go for a run/other exercise, or do some art are possibly my favorite.

(Debbie, "cheeky" is approximately the same as "sassy". In context I meant it was cleverly not really what was asked for in a cute way. It's like a naughty sort of clever or a clever sort of naughty.)

What's your favorite non-cat wild animal?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of time alone. Go for a run/other exercise, or do some art are possibly my favorite.

(Debbie, "cheeky" is approximately the same as "sassy". In context I meant it was cleverly not really what was asked for in a cute way. It's like a naughty sort of clever or a clever sort of naughty.)

What's your favorite non-cat wild animal?
Thank you for explaining that. I figured it was something similar, from things I've heard and read. I like to learn about other cultures, so you're very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite wild animal is the giraffe.   

What time do you usually get up to start your day?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like scifi movies, but also action movies with explosions and not a lot of plot, period dramas with pretty costumes and not a lot of plots, and movies that are so bad they are good.

What color socks or other footwear are you wearing?

desmond

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pink socks with butterflies on them.

What Books do you like to read?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Science fiction, mysteries and memoirs

If you could design your own view, what would you see looking out your window?  (Work or home)

desmond

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think that it would have, to be the beach, as I love seeing Dolphins and Whales. 

Is there an hobby that you really would like to learn?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
classic car restoration. mostly the interior and bodywork area-love how some people do a really good job sewing the interior with leather stitching and how it looks better than when it was new.

If you could would you want to watch a movie being produced and how they get the effects to look the way it does?

Status
Not open for further replies.