The getting to know you Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pythagoras does that if he wants to be picked up, and if you don't pick him up he'll either walk right in front of you trying to trip you or lope a few steps and lie down again, repeat. Gabriel does not do.

Do you ever lie down on the floor with your cat(s)?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, too hard for my old bones.  Jasmine lies on the bed/sofa/recliner next to me.  Except when she's lying on top of my arm to help me type, of course.

Have your cats figured out where the red dot comes from?  And do they try to look at the source instead of the dot?  (And Jasmine wonders why she doesn't get to play with it as often as she wants.)

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Chula hasn't quite figured out how it works.  She knows the flashlight is involved somehow because when I pick it up, she immediately crouches down and stares at the ground.  She'll also knock it off the table when she wants me to fire it up.  When the flashlight is actually in action, however, she never takes her eyes off the red dot.  

What is the most recent toy you bought for your cats?  

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A piece of junk plastic catnip ball with wings on the side.  All she has to do is touch it and it comes open and spills all the catnip out.  She loves it, of course.  I don't.

What is the most recent toy you made for your cats?

desmond

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I made him a little mouse as he likes to play with toys.

What is something really funny that your Cat did, that made you laugh?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Floppy once spit up a huge hairball, which she carefully hid under the couch until it was thoroughly dried out.  Then she claimed it as her new homemade mousie.  She was quite offended when a stupid human mistook it for a mere hairball and swept it up and threw it away. 

Have you ever made some kind of cat house or tree for your cat?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I had made a "temporary" cat house out of cardboard boxes, but the cats liked it so much I covered it in fabric and added a scratching post. Sadly since I originally didn't intend to keep it, I didn't design it to last, and it fell apart after a few months (started collapsing because the doors were placed on corners). Now I've made another one with much more structural integrity and more features. I just need to give it a fabric cover as it currently looks like a pile of boxes sitting in my living room. I've also started on a cat wall but put it on hold until I figure out if I'm moving.

Whats your favorite place to go for a day out?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The back yard.  Jasmine thinks "taking a walk" means sniffing every blade of grass in the yard, and the back yard is even better because there are more weeds and neighbors are less likely to see her.

Does your cat insist on just one favorite variety of canned food?

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Fortunately, no.  They don't really like pates though.

How did your most recent cat come into your life?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After Floppy disappeared, I told my husband it was time for a new cat, so we went to the local no kill shelter to look for one.  None of the ones they had was right for us, but we talked with the guy and he had a fairly good idea what we wanted and promised to call when a cat came in that seemed right.  Then a guy in my computer club posted a message asking whether anyone was in need of a cat, and I said "Yes!"  It turned out that a friend of a friend of his had a dearly loved cat that she had to give up because her granddaughter had developed an allergy.  We went to my friend's house to meet the cat, I sat down and Jasmine immediately came and climbed into my lap, my husband sat down next to me, Jasmine decided she needed two laps and moved to lie in both at once, and everyone knew immediately that this was right.  We took her home with us and called the Cat Care Society the next day to say that we had found a cat on our own. They don't mind.  That's one less cat that they'll have to place.

Do you have children?  Grandchildren?  Grandcats?

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I have two daughters, two grandcats and two grandguinea pigs. I suspect I will never have grandchildren but I do enjoy spoiling the grandpets.  

What time in the morning do you feed your cat(s)?  

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's awake and hungry she runs to the automatic feeder at 6:00 when it delivers her breakfast. I'm still sleeping.

No more meowing at my bedroom door at daybreak!

Does your cat like strangers that come to your house? Is he/she shy, afraid, friendly?

Last edited:

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pythagoras is pretty friendly and will usually come to check out and get pettings from most visitors and loves to be the centre of attention if there's a group of people. Gabriel is very shy and absolutely not into strangers, though he's switched from hiding in the bedroom when guests are over to being in the room but peering at guests from under a chair. For the first time ever the other day he let a first-time guest give him a little head scratch! I was so proud! He's come a long way; he used to have terrible anxiety and be SUPER shy.

What celebrity cat would you like to meet? [emoji]128540[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Grumpy Cat

...and with that, this thread is over 500 and will now be closed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.