The getting to know you Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's what you do at a gym or fitness center, or anywhere really, to improve your health or your figure.:sheep: Bike riding, swimming, walking, treadmill etc.

I don't know how to swim but I love to splash around in a swimming pool. There's no beaches here in the desert in Arizona.

What dishes do you like to cook?
I don't know how to swim but I love to splash around in a swimming pool. There's no beaches here in the desertin Arizona.

What dishes do you like to cook?
[/quote]

I'm so sorry. I was being sarcastic. I hate exercise of any kind. Gym at school was bad enough.
Now my family are insisting that I go walking at least once a week.
Swimming is important. You never know if you'll have

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's more active in the evening. Seems like she sleeps a lot during the day, especially in warm places like my Arizona room and her cat tree on the patio.

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No question, so I'll answer to that one as well. She's active both at dawn and dusk. But she's a kitten, so nothing else is to be expected.

Are you still in contact with one or more friends from your childhood or teenage years?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, a friend I've had since before I even started school

What is your best childhood memory?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Vacations every summer for a week at Rye Beach, NH. We rented a ratty ol cottage but it was heaven. Just mom and I. And I was allowed to ride my bike wherever. Used to ride bike to buy lobsters-and cook them at the camp. Those were the best days.

What was the worst job you ever had?

little cutie66

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My worst job was when I worked at a woman's clothing store. The boss had me ironing clothes, I lasted a couple of days. I hate to iron till this day.

What do you like to do on Sundays?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Relax. Watch TV. Read.

What's your favourite part of the day eg mine's bedtime.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evening is my favorite part of the day, when all household chores or errands are finished and I play computer games and get on The Cat Site.

Are you married/in a relationship? For how long?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a widow. DH and I were married for 16 years and together for 20. He passed away in 2011. We have one DD who will be 21 next week.

do you go to the salon to get your nails done?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm a widow. DH and I were married for 16 years and together for 20. He passed away in 2011. We have one DD who will be 21 next week.

do you go to the salon to get your nails done?
Same with me. We were married 19 years and he passed away in '99. No children though.

Yes I get my nails done at a salon. I get gel polish because it doesn't chip like regular polish.

What do you like to have when you eat out?

ashcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I usually get Chicken fingers because they're good almost anywhere you go and I'm not very daring.

What's your favorite book or book series? Why is it your favorite?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gone With The Wind

I like romance stories and history. It has both, and wonderful descriptions of the clothing, homes, and customs in the time of the Civil War.

What did you play with when you were a young child?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The job I held for most of my life -  studying plant viruses in a microscopy lab.  Extra points for its location on a beautiful 6000 acre research farm containing fields, meadows and forests and cool old ruins.

What would you do if you won a big lottery prize?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

The job I held for most of my life -  studying plant viruses in a microscopy lab.  Extra points for its location on a beautiful 6000 acre research farm containing fields, meadows and forests and cool old ruins.

What would you do if you won a big lottery prize?
Now that sounds lke something i would love to do-I love anything science-especially biology!

If I won the lottery I would build a sanctuary for unwanted cats-I would build a huge outdoor enclosure with my carpentry/mechanical skills-something huge with tunnels and grass and trees. A great big area with shade and sun-with mini decks all over for those to get up off the ground then hire people to help me fulfil my dream.

Where is the first apartment/house that you first moved into after leaving home?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I lived in a 2 bedroom basement apartment on Long Island. It was 1992 and the rent was $800 a month. The kitchen window opened to the dog pen so that was just delicious in Summer when the 'deposits" got nice and hot.  

They had a big, goofy blonde dog- probably a golden retriever mix. The wife hated the dog so he lived in the pen with his doghouse, dishes and some toys.  The dog used to stick his head in the window looking for handouts   
. They also had a ginger tomcat that she also hated. He wasn't allowed in the house either. He was an outdoor cat. When it got really cold out, he would come to the side door and wait for us and  ask if he could come in. DH was allergic to cats but we set him up with food, water and a box with a blanket in the hall outside our door so he could come in out of the cold. He'd go outside when we left for work. The wife had a little dustmop dog that was allowed in the house. It had a full wardrobe and regularly went to the groomers for the full treatment including painted nails. 

What year did you graduate high school?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Have you ever seen the ocean?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I've seen three of them - Atlantic, Pacific and Indian.   And there is nothing like the first sight of the water after a long drive!   

What is your favorite kind of artwork to hang on the wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.