The Exercise Motivation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Pam 
  So far l LOVE the treadmill, thanks for the Nordictrack recommendation.

It is incredibly quiet, l had the picture in my mind that treadmills were noisy, but not so. The most noise comes from when it inclines and declines automatically throughout a mapped run.

lt has Runners Flex cushioning on the deck, but l haven't switched it on so it feels more like running on the road, and my knees have been fine so far. lt's nice to know it's there for if l start aching.

The Android screen is small, but it also comes with an ipad holder if you like to browse while walking. l'm not sure if the workouts can be run on an ipad - l believe they are only available on the equipment itself, so the screen is quite small, but definitely more enjoyable to run through the scenery of your chosen course than to look out the window. l've made maps for myself so that l'll be interested in seeing where l'm "going" rather than just having to do an hour of exercise - that was the part that initially drew me to this machine, and l love the feature. Today l'll be walking through Grove Hill, AL and then a walk along the coastline of Vista Alegre, Ibiza.

l've just started using it with the iFit, and haven't come close to maximizing its potential, but based on what l've done so far, l would highly recommend this treadmill. Hopefully it's good for as many miles as yours has logged.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
33:10 today, same route. Feeling a lot better now that I'm off the antibiotic. That antibiotic always makes me feel yucky. But better now!

Wish I had a treadmill like that!!

sarahliz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had a gym membership for months and I have only been a handful of times. I just can't find the motivation. Maybe I'll try to go for only a short time tomorrow.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a gym membership for months and I have only been a handful of times. I just can't find the motivation. Maybe I'll try to go for only a short time tomorrow.
A lot of times I have to remind myself that 10 min walking is still minutes walked. I also have to remind myself that I am not fit yet so watch overtraining. LOL

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I wish I had a way to keep track of the miles my treadmill has seen since I bought it. It's been put through some paces....not so much anymore, but when I was really walking, I got a lot of miles on it. And when it goes, I want one like yours! I'd love to be able to walk throughout the world. And I told Rick that I could even walk the Hill from H*ll even when it's 90 degrees outside, just from the comfort of a new treadmill. 
 The Hill from H*ll is what we call this really steep hill out the road from us....it's bad. For us anyway. Really steep. And long, It takes a lot out of us when we walk that hill. It's part of a 4.2 mile loop around our area. I could walk it on the treadmill!

I'm glad you're enjoying your treadmill and I wish for many years of health and happiness for you.

SarahLiz, that's why I won't join a gym. I don't think I'd get my money's worth from the membership. I wouldn't go enough times to make it worthwhile. 

Good job, Peaches. Glad that antibiotic is gone and you don't have to deal with it anymore.

2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

2.4 miles walking with Rick

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful, Andrya! 

Nothing this morning. Rick brought me into work on his way to work at 6:00, so no time for the treadmill. I was going to bring walking clothes and walk outside here at work this morning, but it looks like the clouds could open any minute now. Will try to get a nice walk in tonight.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband & I went to a nature park this morning and walked the park. I love to sit by the Japanese garden .

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Restarted Supreme 90 Day Workout today with Chest and Back video, no weights. STILL pouring with sweat though! It's funny, at first one can be all demoralized by only doing 5-6 pushups on their knees until you add up them up: 45 total pushups! I think that I'm going to try to work out per the program's schedule and not sweat the weights so much this go round. I think I'll burn more calories that way.

Keep up the good work everybody!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's funny, at first one can be all demoralized by only doing 5-6 pushups on their knees until you add up them up: 45 total pushups!
:clap: good for you! I did a kickboxing class a couple of years ago, and to warm up we did push ups and skipping etc. Seriously, if I did 3 push ups each night, that was my limit. Kinda embarrassing, but hey I was really trying.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap: good for you! I did a kickboxing class a couple of years ago, and to warm up we did push ups and skipping etc. Seriously, if I did 3 push ups each night, that was my limit. Kinda embarrassing, but hey I was really trying.
Kickboxing is TOUGH! I still have one on VHS, I should do it again. And hey, every pushup even on your knees adds up. I did a total of 8 reps and while I couldn't do 8-12 and real ones, it's better than what I've been doing lately: none. The only reason I have any strength is because of moving and positioning patients while they are under anesthesia.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I did manage 1.6 miles for a walk with Rick. Just down to the stop sign at the end of the road and back. We were both pooped and it was hot (I think I could have wrung my t-shirt out) and we just said, "Ok, that's enough."

2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

2 mile walk last night

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, walking in that kind of humidity is miserable Winchester!

Did Ultimate Ball today. Hamstrings are sore from yesterday so tried to be gentle. Tomorrow is a scheduled day off and I need to make cat food.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning. That's probably all I'll get today, too, as I'm busy working on stuff for the picnic. 

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gonna walk some later today. But I do believe that doing housework is enough excerise .

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You really inspire me with your daily walks, Winchester! I hope to gain that dedication as time goes on!

Did the Tabata Inferno workout today, no weights. Got a total of 48 pushups on my knees today. 16 of them were triangle pushups are HARD. You make a triangle with your thumbs and index fingers and do the pushups that way. Really targets triceps. If anyone is interested in a free pushups program, check out www.hundredpushups.com. Even if you can only do 1 pushup that is an awesome program. There's links to squats, situps, etc too.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work everyone. You've all been killing it!! Well done. I did Jillian M yoga meltdown today. I've been sick since my last post. My kids and I have had a terrible cold/ flu. I haven't felt that sick for as long as I can remember. We spent a week in bed. Anyways I'm on the mend now. My new DVDs arrived this morning so I'm going to slowly build my strength back up so I can try them out.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good work Tammat and Peaches! You are both doing well! Tammat, I'm sorry about your flu and I'm really glad you're back now. Get your strength back up; you're in really good shape anyway, so it shouldn't take you long.

Peaches, thank you. But I just go....I don't even think about it anymore. I wake up in the morning and hit the treadmill; it's just like breathing at this point. And yeah, I know how silly that sounds. But it's the truth. Wake up and walk.

3 miles on the treadmill this morning (went back to Dire Straits last week....I just love walking to their music; it's a cross between rock, blues, and country, I think. I have the CD Best of Dire Straits and put everything on my iPod. I love walking to Tunnel of Love and Calling Elvis. But it's a little weird when Rick calls down the steps and says, "You're singing again!!!" Oops 
)

2.8 miles walking with Rick....on the Hill from Hades. I hate that hill. I just hate that hill. But going up that hill does wonders for the legs and butt; it's one nasty workout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.