The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was going to go on a walk today but it was so windy I ended up doing pilates instead. Now it's nice outside but I'm really tired because I was cleaning the floors for 1.5 hours. Did 3x pilates and 2x walk this week.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Two hours of yard work and 40 minutes yoga yesterday.

About four hours of yard work today. I think this week's exercise is going to be mainly yard work. I've started rather a major project and at the moment I'm at the "Oh Lord, what have I done!?" stage.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end though. At least it's keeping me occupied.

:lol:
Oh, yes, I have used that phrase many times. You will get through it and it will be wonderful when it is done.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You will get through it and it will be wonderful when it is done.
Thank you. I'm having a lot of fun with it. The project has been put on hold for now because it's snowing here. Never mind, that gave me time to give the house a proper top to bottom clean.

1 hour of yoga on Sunday, 90 minutes of yoga today. I focused on balance postures and back bends.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It finally stopped snowing! Project still on hold until the snow melts enough to get back outside and do some work on it.

I did get out for a walk today though, which was a huge relief.

30 minutes warm up yoga, 90 minutes walk and then 40 minutes deep stretching.

M maggiedemi my cats get very interested whenever I'm doing yoga. I think seeing a human sitting or lying on the floor doing the positions cats usually do must be very weird for them. Maybe some standing stretches would help?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It finally stopped snowing! Project still on hold until the snow melts enough to get back outside and do some work on it.
Glad it stopped snowing. So the project ... something for the cats? or the humans?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe some standing stretches would help?
I was doing a mix of standing & kneeling stretching exercises for an hour every night after dinner. But I was dropping 5 pounds per week. So I stopped doing them. I think it was speeding my metabolism up too much after dinner. Now I just relax with Demi with a cappuccino. He is so happy that I stopped doing them, he hates it when I exercise.

I'm still doing my 2 hour walk. I guess I could drop it down to 1 hour, but I like keeping active. I'll weigh myself on Monday and see where I'm at. Hopefully I'll have gained a little.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I had such ambitions today.... and I just couldn't find the energy after dealing with the petri dishes this morning.
I swear, grocery shopping takes more outta me than a good 2 mile run these days.
Maybe I can get some pilates in tomorrow morning before our D&D session.
Funny thing about that... I can't seem to stay seated for our gaming sessions... I find myself pacing around the house most the time. It's weird.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had such ambitions today.... and I just couldn't find the energy after dealing with the petri dishes this morning.
I swear, grocery shopping takes more outta me than a good 2 mile run these days.
I went grocery shopping yesterday too. My first trip in almost 3 weeks. The shopping part was ok, but you're right, the cleaning after you bring everything home is a workout.

No grocery shopping today, so I think I'll try to go for a walk before lunch, and hopefully before other people decide they also need some exercise.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think grocery shopping counts as exercise if you were walking around. Before the quarantine, when I went to Walmart, I counted that as my walk for the day, since I spent at least 2 hours walking around and picking up products.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
It's more about the stress factor. While about half the people there were wearing masks, there were still several folks being careless about distancing. I feel like I'm on high alert with my surroundings and trying to avoid clumps or bottlenecks, or trying to move around people who were just ambling without a care...
And since I hate crowds in the first place (don't get me started on Christmas shopping!), it's just that much more stressful and exhausting.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was lucky, I went grocery shopping early when there were very few other shoppers, so it wasn't overly stressful. But definitely nothing like the relaxing, enjoyable way it was back in, I guess, was it February.

I went for my walk this morning. There was a chill in the wind, so not too many other people were out, so enjoyable.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But definitely nothing like the relaxing, enjoyable way it was back in, I guess, was it February.
I haven't been to town since the last week of November when I went to the doctor and dentist and out to lunch. Major cabin fever. :eek2:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Turns out drumming is a lot like running in that it gets easier once your legs go numb! I rode my bike (about 4km round trip, so just a little exercise) to the drum school last night and spent a little over an hour banging away. It wasn't until right at the end, when my leg had stopped seizing up due to the unnatural (for me) angle and effort of pushing the kick pedal, that I was finally nailing the rhythm I was told to learn by Tuesday. Today my arms are a bit sore. I want to go again tonight but it's raining, so I'd have to take the bus instead of biking. Might just wait until tomorrow (saturday) morning and walk over there (as my bike seat will still be wet lol)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I went for a long walk on Tuesday, but for the rest of this week the weather has been too bad to go out. It finally stopped snowing, but we've had torrential rain ever since. I've done about an hour of yoga every day, but I've only been able to spend a few hours on my project.

I've been trying to dry some of wood out so I could paint it, but Happy and Sophie decided it was an opportunity to scale Timber Mountain.

:flail:
2.jpg

Please ignore the junk in the background, the enclosure doesn't usually look that messy.

45 minutes of yoga today.
Project Status: Waiting for the sun to come out.

Turns out drumming is a lot like running in that it gets easier once your legs go numb!
What kind of drumming are you doing? Is there a traditional form of drumming in Korea?

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What kind of drumming are you doing? Is there a traditional form of drumming in Korea?
There is traditional Korean drumming, but I'm just doing regular ol' rock n roll drumming. I went for 1.5 hours last night and 2 hours this afternoon. Everything hurts more than you'd think it would, but the owner of the school kept coming in and telling me to be more forceful and "cool" haha (he literally did tell me to be cool, like a rockstar) I was just trying to get the rhythms down, but I suppose it's good to get style and form early on. It's frustrating though because I think he probably thinks I'm younger and more spry than I am. My muscles and tendons, especially in my legs, have been through a lot having played soccer for so long, so they don't necessarily work the way they are supposed to. Pushing down on a kick pedal is like the exact opposite motion to kicking a ball!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sure playing the drums is really good exercise. One of my ex boyfriends played drums in a heavy metal band and he had huge forearms.

My husband is in a taiko group, you know those giant Japanese drums? It looks like a really good work out, 2 hours must burn loads of calories..

Status
Not open for further replies.