The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

3.5 miles walked over lunch today.

Good work, people!

for Miss Sophie from here, too.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been at the stables for the past few days - working with Collie, field clearing etc etc. Need to get back to yoga, but my baby girl comes first now :heart3:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Three and a half hours walking/looking for Sophie yesterday. I'm going out again as soon as I've got caffeinned-up. Got to find her today! I work evenings all week but Saturday and Sunday it's dark by the time I finish so I can't go out and look for her.

Come on Sophie, be a good girl and show yourself today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Beautiful pictures! C'mon home, Sophie! :vibes:

Exercise today will be shoveling snow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
They are simply stunning, Norachan.

2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

3.5 miles walked during my lunch hour today.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prisoners of ice, so beautiful in all cruelness of nature, I like this very much, picture could be from some fairy tale :)

Oh that Sophie, I hope you find her soon, oh no, wait, I can't hope that, instead I hope she is okay, finds food and has found warm spot, but that you get to have lot of long walks in beautiful woods until you find her, that way it is better, you get lot of exercise which is always good :)

I did rode bike 28 minutes, it was really fast return trip from shop as it is mostly downhill and there was tail wind, ride was icy though, so I could not push very fast.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday morning I finished tidying and trimming my front yard. We are having a garage / yard sale today so I couldn't let people see my garden untidy ;)
I trained late in the evening triceps and abs. I was tired but my triceps are sore today so I did some good :)

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Felled and limbed a tree, at base it was 15" (38.1cm) diameter so it should give quite nice amount of firewood.

44 minutes and 482 calories burned in addition to BMR, average heart rate was 134bpm with highest peak around 170bpm which is highest mine will go.

Nearly knee deep snow made work bit hard, also tree wanted to fell at wrong direction so I had to sledgehammer wedges which was quite hard work. Limbing in that kind of snow is bit annoying, gets heart to beat easily over 150bpm.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for all the nice comments about the pictures. It is really pretty here, as long as you're wrapped up warm.

Got up an hour early on Saturday so I could go on another walk/Sophie hunt.

Went out again after work on Sunday but the snow was coming down so fast I could barely see. Only managed to walk for 40 minutes.

Walked for three hours this morning. I followed a trail of cat prints that turned out to be Digby, our friendly feral. Then I found another trail a few miles away. I think it must have been another feral, they seemed to know exactly where they were going. I eventually lost the trail in some thick woods. I think I'll go back there later with a bag full of used cat litter and see if I can leave a scent trail back this way. I'll probably get some random feral tom turning up, but it's worth a try.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
 continuing for Sophie

2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning

3.75 miles walked during my lunch hour today.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
49 minutes of cutting tree to 1 meter pieces and then carrying pieces uphill to processing area, that was only 395 calories in addition to BMR, but at least something, last log was quite heavy and rest of the logs I left to forest, those are too heavy to be carried alone or without tools at least.

It starts to rain next night, water and snow for rest of the week, so it might be awhile until I get rest of the tree carried to processing area.

Roads are soft slush, impossible to ride bike until those freezes again and that will not happen before Sunday.

I would like to get small set of weights as space is so limited, but would like to have enough weight in them, often weight lifting bar is too long or weight set is only 20 to 30kg in total.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Shoveling. :nod:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
65 minutes of running, +1 Celsius, part time it was raining and that quite bit banked road had wonderful hard thick ice cover with thin layer of water on top of that banked, I did choose to run most slippery parts, shoes don't wear so easily there.

Average heart rate was 142, I chose fitness mode from heart rate monitor and it allowed me to run maybe 35% of time as I hit upper limit and had to walk.

Only slipping I had was when walking and even then quite minor, I just keep center of gravity where my foot is and it is fine, even if there is sliding I'm not in danger to fell over.

Upper front part of legs started to feel bit tired quite near at home, maybe I finally managed to get my legs sore.

I still can't run even 200 meters until upper limit of heart rate monitor is reached, some places running did go well so I kept pushing until heart rate was over 170.

Mostly I just tried to focus on technique and keeping run together or how that should be said.

Around half way I got backpack filled with groceries so there was bit of additional weight (cat food mostly), I think that there must be back backs for runners, mine is bouncing too much.

I have been looking some weights, prices are not bad, but I find bit of difficulty to fit even 120cm bar here and those are usually curved ones, don't know what limits that would impose, but I think that I can manage to rearrange a bit.

Pull up bar to is another on my list, then I really would like to get boxing bag, but where to get sand seem to be always an issue and most sell without sand. Might be that I get power rack thing, it would have pull up bar and I could put boxing bag on that if I ever find one with sand with it.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday I did back and shoulders and yesterday legs with Rohan. Legs was just plain cruel. They are changing now though so it's worth it. I've never had legs like this before. There is still lots of work to be done but I'm on my way. Last week I worked in the garden so this week I'm cleaning inside the house. I'm wiping down the grubby marks off the walls and doors. Human and fur kids to blame for those ;) I'm not sure what exercise is for today. The kitchen is getting a scrubbing though.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just did my chest and biceps. Tried a new method with my TORQ today. Instead of counting reps I just kept tension on the muscle for 90, 60, then 45 secs. 30 reps is a lot and it gets painful for me at about the tenth rep and I panic that there's still 20 to go. This way was 5 secs of pain at a time. I can do that. I may be a slow learner but I'm going to get good at this. I just am. Rome was not built in a day but it was built and I'm gonna build this body of mine. Don't you try stop me :lol3:

Come on everybody. We can keep fit. Rain ,hail, shine and snow we will do it :clap: we love cats. Us kind of people are awesome ;)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me again. I really felt like a jog this evening so I abandoned cooking dinner and took 20 mins time out to do so. The family ate a little later but they survived and Mummy was feeling good after her exercise :clap: I then went for a walk to buy a local newspaper and the first shop was sold out so I ended up walking farther than planned. It was all pretty slow and relaxed but I'm counting it ;) Every little movement counts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.