The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my shoulders heavy and biceps and triceps light.
Congratulations Winchester on your badge. :woohoo:I'm out glad you had a big sleep. You work so hard you deserve it.
Awe the 'the love bird' cats are so cute Norachan.

I had a cute fluffy cat exercising inside my cats enclosure last night. He/She was running up and down our verandah in the middle of the night. I put my cats away and intended to deal with the visitor in the morning when they had calmed down but he/she was gone. There were no holes in the netting. It's a total mystery how this cat got in and back out again. :dk::dk::dk::dk::dk:

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan, that is a really pretty animal.

Last night I did my exercises and stretches.

2 miles on the treadmill this morning.

2.5 miles walked during lunch.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did my stretches and a bunch of ab crunches last night.

2.25 miles on the treadmill this morning

2.5 miles walked during lunch today (it's a really pretty day out today, almost a shame to have to come back into work)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
went back to workout at lunch. today is day#3,. only jog for 10-15 minutes then other movements. start over at low weights again. I didn't get back to the gym but I did go hiking last night for about 20 minutes down the riverbed that is totally dried up. its all boulders and rocks. hard to walk around but was a good short workout. then worked lugging bags of mulch and general yard cleanup. can't believe winter is coming. Getting back into being mobile again. Going to get new boots tonight since my boots got stolen/tossed from the gym earlier in sept. and the boots I got at walmart hurt my feet too much to workout in them. got my newbalance cross trainers. makes a big difference. Wish I could find low cut steel toe sneakers instead of those black combat type work boots. but feels good to break out into a sweat again. You guys are my inspiration. Keep going everyone!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - Sadie and Marley are gorgeous :heart3: Definitely a purrfect couple :nod: Has Marley come home yet? :cross::vibes:

Well, I had a flu shot on Saturday, and that knocked me out for a few days :frusty: Starting to feel better now though, and did some yoga today :) Stupidly I didn't check what time I started :doh3: so have no idea how long I did it :rolleyes2

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@foxxycat

Try these. I used to wear regular sneaker-type steel toe shoes in my previous position. Sketchers used to have one but I'm not sure if they still make it. I remember I had a pair of Timberland Pro steel toe shoes a long time ago. I know Red Wing shoes has work shoes.

I'm on a break from yoga and everything. Stupid wonky foot
I'm still climbing up and down step stools at work, though. I'm too short to reach the top row of the racks.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@Columbine  Yes, he's home thanks. He was waiting outside the gate for me to let him back in at 6 am the next morning. Sadie was so pleased to see him again.

I walked for 90 minutes on Tuesday. Yesterday I did an hour of yoga, 30 minutes on my bike and then a 30 minute walk. I was hoping for a longer walk but it suddenly started raining really heavily. Another typhoon passing over. Oh joy.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday 60km bicycle ride, very fast one as I had deadline to meet, bit tired still.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great news Norachan :clap: SO glad he's home safe and sound :D

I FINALLY made it back down to my baby-girl :woohoo::hyper: Mucked out, then schooled her for a while. Had to keep it short as she's so unfit now, and was puffing like a steam train in trot, but she really was a dream to ride :9: I love my little :angel3:

Old pic, sadly. Tried to take some today, but they didn't come out well :disa:

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Got half an hour of running/dancing done again at lunch. Added a few hand weights.

Day #4 back into the workout. Got a long way to get back to where I was. Floey's illness/death  really threw me off the course but I am getting back into doing 30 minutes a day of motion type workout=walk/dance/jog/etc because I feel better after a good sweat session.

I appreciate the suggestions folks for shoes. I don't know if they do returns on Amazon but will look into it but they have to be approved in order for work to reimburse us for them. and preferably all leather-this is their requirement-not mine... 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat - A couple of suggestions re the shoes. Rather than buying and then checking with work, how about getting the makers specifications for the ones you like (ideally direct from the maker, rather than via Amazon) and see if you can get them approved by your employers before ordering? Sure, it's a little more hassle, but is still a LOT easier than faffing with returns ;)

I've also found these boots after a bit more searching (I've needed safety footwear in the past, and my mum's had to help source it for people too), and I wonder if they'd be a good compromise shoe? Sure, they're higher cut for sneakers, but they're a lot better than combat-type boots ;)

Loving your new profile pic, btw :D (dense me has only just noticed :rolleyes: )

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The latest plan of attack to burn this winter podge I have grown is to add weights to my cardio. Yesterday I combined my cardio with my weight training. I did 10 mins warm up on the bike / 10 mins cardio exercises with 3 kg Dumbbells/ chest heavy / back light and finished with 10 mins on the bike. :D

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my biceps and triceps heavy tonight. I just didn't have it in me to do more. Training in the evening is not ideal for me but I was busy in the morning.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad you finally got down to see Collie again @Columbine  I bet she was pleased to see you.

I went horse riding again today too. 90 minutes round the forest on Chacha. Mr Husband was being a bit arty with his photos this time.

Ebisu, all dressed up ready for archery practice.

Riding through the long grass. It's above the horses's heads in places.

Close up of Fuji Kaze.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
So pretty, Norachan.

Did my stretches last night.

2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning

2.5 miles walked during lunch today.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gorgeous horses, as always Norachan :heart3: Esubi's tack is just amazing :love:

Just don't EVER tell Collie about grass that's taller than she is, or she'll be trying to come and live with you :yummy::lol3:

Fibro attack today - probably payback for yesterday :rolleyes2 :frusty: Had the day off to try and recover. Hope to be back at it tomorrow :cross:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous pics. Mr Husband has done well :D
I did 10 mins on the bike warm up then 3 mins continuous weighted squats and lunges then my light squats 30/ 20/ 15 reps repeat. Then my light shoulders. I'm glad tomorrow is a rest day :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.