The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had a rough few days (bad fibro flare plus migraine yesterday, so no exercise since I last posted :anon:

Still not good, but trying to get back on track. Only managed 30 mins of yoga today, but it's better than nothing :slant: REALLY hoping to get some energy back soon :cross:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think there's yoga today
It's on the de-stress group calendar but I haven't seen anything else about it. I'll stop by the room and if no one shows up, I'll just head home.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yoga was cancelled today
And the person who teaches the class is leaving the company at the end of the week
That was a surprise. When I last talked to her she had plans for the next 6 week session of the de-stress program starting in October and weekly yoga classes.  I'll give the lunch time yoga class a try. It's run by the health service office which means I'll have to fill out a health questionnaire and talk to a nurse before I can actually take a class

No yoga by myself tonight. I have a resident meeting to go at 7pm and by the time it ends around 9pm I'm ready for bed, after feeding the cats their snacks.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning

(It's pouring rain and it's supposed to continue with showers and such throughout the day. I have errands to run during lunch and knew I wouldn't be able to walk during my lunch break today)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went for a 30 min jog this morning. First run in a long time. I forgot to have asthma puffer :doh3: I made it home though and I got that after run high :D
I also did chest heavy and back light. Now it's time to sleep and wake up to start all over.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got little exercise today, as scooter moped's motor blew out, that is around 180 pounds that needed to push home, also it does not roll very easily so there is quite bit of resistance. I decided to jog, some jog with a dog, I jog with a scooter moped, oh the joys of life.

It has been long as I haven't got air very well, slowly weird on/off sickness seems to be disappearing, but I'm not feeling so well, I do like autumn best, but it tends to cause my energy to dissappear and also there has been so much that has been going wrong recently, that I really don't have much of any interest for exercising.

I did make a 2 hour bike ride yesterday, there was lot of forest birds, also some hunting dog at work, running around nose on ground and running after some animal which I could not spot, but he was barking a lot to it, whatever it was. Didn't see any hunters though, so I was wondering if that was runaway dog, it had radio collar though so perhaps hunter finds it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot that the yoga studio near work has Five Dollar Fridays
Today's noontime class was a slow flow restorative yoga with mediation. The class is normally held at 8:30pm, way too late for me. I have to remember to check the calendar every week. I do get the email but usually just a few hours before the Five Dollar Friday class starts

I'll turn my yoga app on a little later and do some easy poses before bed.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I skipped the cardio in the morning and I did some gardening. Then I did my biceps and triceps heavy and shoulders light. My shoulder is still giving me a bit of trouble. I will need to visit the physio next week. I did housework after that and then got back in the garden. It was a full day of moving. I'm waiting for my waist and weight to go down. So far nada. :sigh:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been slacking again (same old excuses :shame: ), but did spend 2 hours cleaning the cottage yesterday - it was awful :(

Really am trying to get back on track, but it's proving to be an uphill struggle :slant:

jtbo jtbo - I really hope you're better soon :cross::vibes: That bug sounds just awful :alright:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been up in Tokyo for a few days to look at art. I spent about 3 ~ 4 hours walking around each day. Lots of flights of stairs to climb up and down at the subway stations (I make myself take the stairs rather than use the escalators.)

Did an hour of yoga when I got back this afternoon to try and loosen up my neck after the bus ride home.

@JTbo  @Columbine  Hope you're both feeling better soon.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan do you ever visit the cat cafes?
I did 10 mins on the bike to warm up then my light squats. I was in a hurray to get in the garden. I chopped down a hedge that I'm sick of trimming [emoji]128521[/emoji]. My pruning saw was blunt and all I could think of was that I needed JTbo to help me. Since he was on the other side of the world I thought it was best to go buy a new saw. The new one was marvellous. No more hedge. Now I have a big row of agapanthus to dig out. I really think gardening is great exercise.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I have been slacking big time. Got to get back into the routine. did 2 miles on Thursday on the elliptical then Friday went out dancing to an 80s cover band.  I sadly am out of shape. I think I managed an hour or so. everyone else was out on the floor all night. Tonight after work going to do another 2 miles on the elitpical. its about 30-40 minutes of aerobics. then I have to get back onto the weights. gulp.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't get a lot of walking in from Friday to Sunday night. We drove to Vermont in the rain on Friday, some of it was just pouring, particularly in eastern PA and in New York. Vermont was kind of misty and cloudy the weekend, so we didn't do the walking that we would normally do. In fact, on Saturday, we finished our pizza class, went over to Powerhouse Mall and walked around a bit, came back to the room around late afternoon. And crashed. I seriously crashed. Rick watched football, I hit the bed and fell asleep, just that quickly. I think I slept about four hours, awakened around 8:30, grabbed a couple slices of pizza, talked to my sister about the cats, and crashed again. And slept the night. So not a lot of exercise. 

Today I did 4 miles on the treadmill this morning, more to try to walk the kinks out in my back and butt than anything. It was nice just to get on the treadmill for a while. When I don't hit the treadmill for a couple of days, something is missing in my life. Plugged in my iPod to my Prince playlist and took off.

Oh, and today, I received my Skydiver Badge from Fitbit. That's awarded when you reach 1,000 lifetime floors, which, I guess, is as high as you'd go if you're skydiving.  It's a cute little badge and I'll take it. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@Winchester  Vermont sounds a lot like this area. It gets very misty here, mainly because at this altitude we're often at the same height as the clouds. When I was a kid I imagined that walking in the clouds would be all fluffy and bouncy, not damp and grey like this.

I did a lot of walking on Sunday. Marley managed to get out so I kept going on walks around the woods calling for him. He eventually came back on his own on Monday morning. Lucky, because Marley is one of the wild ones. I can pet him a bit, but I wouldn't have been able to pick him up and carry him home. Fortunately I had a secret weapon: his girlfriend Sadie was still in and she spent most of the night yelling for him to come back.

Sadie and Marley. 
Monday I did 90 minutes of yoga and then a 90 minute walk.

Nothing so far today, but the sun is out. Might go for another long walk before work.

Status
Not open for further replies.