The Cat Next Door!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mom has a neighbor and found out he was a cat lover and that he has a Maine Coon from a breeder I'm thinking about getting one from. During Thanksgiving I went down and met Kadie and her human and snapped a few pics. I thought you might enjoy them. She's a pretty girl! 2 yrs old and about 12lbs I think he said. Told him he needed to check out the site!

IMG_4836.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG IMG_4842.JPG IMG_4840.JPG IMG_4841.JPG IMG_4839.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom has a neighbor and found out he was a cat lover and that he has a Maine Coon from a breeder I'm thinking about getting one from. During Thanksgiving I went down and met Kadie and her human and snapped a few pics. I thought you might enjoy them. She's a pretty girl! 2 yrs old and about 12lbs I think he said. Told him he needed to check out the site!

View attachment 207325

View attachment 207319 View attachment 207320 View attachment 207321 View attachment 207323 View attachment 207324
sabian sabian - "Pretty?" Oh Lord, she's fantastic! Wonderful facial conformation, stunning ears and lynx tips, and at twelve pounds at two years, she's destined to be a pretty fair sized girl three years hence. mightyboosh mightyboosh will doubtless be messaging you any moment to learn her address.

Knowing your location, and you considering one of Johnnie Hardee's monsters? MegaCoon has stunning cats, and the fact that they're breeding TICA standard cats in the U.S. and doing well with them is a big plus.

Phil: I expect that you know them, but if not:

Welcome To Megacoon.com! Travel With Us On A Journey Down Maine Coon Cat Road | MEGACOON CATTERY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dang 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ! How did you know that was one of Jonnie Hardee's cats from the pic!? I doubt you remember this post Picking A Breeder? I put up a while back. I asked you in it if you were familiar with him and never got a reply back. You're familiar with him? Right now I'm looking at 3 breeders, Welcome To Megacoon.com! Travel With Us On A Journey Down Maine Coon Cat Road | MEGACOON CATTERY , Maine Coon Kittens, Maine Coon kittens for sale, Maine Coon cats, , and one you suggested in the link to the post Maine Coon Cats In North Carolina. I'm looking at some out of state breeders as well. I'd be willing to drive 10 to 15 hrs one way to pickup a MC but I am leaning heavily toward Megacoon at this point. I haven't contacted Mainly Classic yet. Mainly Classic doesn't seem to be to very active by watching the website. Highsilver doesn't show and I have more questions I want to ask her but she specializes in silvers which is what I'm looking for. She use to be in San Diego and been in NC for 4 yrs. She did sell one of her cats to one of the guys in Papa Roach. Don't know if you know that band? Not that, that means much. I did see Jonnie has some new female breeders and it looks like he's gearing more toward silver. I plan on calling him a talking to him again. He can't keep up with his demand and male cat deposits have been on hold twice in the last year. He's no longer showing according to his site. I did visit his cattery in March. I was pretty impressed with the whole thing. Highsilvers cats seem to be in high demand and she doesn't take deposits.

I was looking for a more traditional look but the breed has changed over the last 18 years since I got my last MC. The European look is growing on me and it seems all of the MC's somewhat have that look now. I was just use to Tama's look and I was like, why do these cats look like this!? After Tama passed I needed time to marinate and think about it. That's why I got my Rescue Manny first and I want to give me and him time to bond before I bring in a kitten. I figure around a year which will be March I'll make a move and then I could possibly be looking at a year to get a large silver male. Any input on Jonnie would be appreciated.

mightyboosh mightyboosh and @1CatOverThe Line Kadie is simply gorgeous isn't she! She is a Megacoon cat! Good job 1Cat! I know mightyboosh is just licking his chops and scurrying around getting his Cat Nappers Sack packed up! :lol: I'd hate to see him touring Jonnie's cattery! Kadie's temperament was great. Not shy at all and very friendly even with me chasing her around the house with a camera. :hyper: I think she will wind up being 17, 18 lbs easily. I think Steve ( her human ) said he had to wait 8 months for her. I figured you guys would appreciate her pics! Hopefully Steve will join the site!

Wait! Is that an amphibious RV I see crossing the pond!? :crackup: