The best polydactyl ever

jman_in_mn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night our Izzy passed away, he was 16. He was diagnosed with myocarditis (basically a form of heart disease) back in March and gave us another 4 months with him. Tomorrow would have been the 16th anniversary of his adoption.

Like everyone else in this forum, I just hope he didn't suffer or have pain when his heart went out. He maneuvered his way to the basement and that's where I found him this morning. I feel distraught that I couldn't hold his paw at the end.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
O my those toes! Those eyes! Love the way he’s reaching out with that mitt. So sorry for your loss. Yes sometimes they do hide: don’t blame yourself for not being there. Izzy knew deep down you were there for his entire life. :grouphug2:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentIe, Izzy, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What stunningIy beautifuI eyes he had...eyes that couId Iook into your souI. Izzy Iived, breathed, and had his being wrapped in your Iove. He knew he was Ioved, whether you were sIeeping or awake, and he knew your Iove was with him in those Iast moments, as it was in aII the moments of your Iives together. He passed through the Gate between This Adventure and his Next Great Adventure, with your love beside him. Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, he blesses you, and he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
When Fiona was very ill at the end, I made an appointment for that day to take her in to the vet to be released. A couple of hours later when I looked for her, I found that she had crawled into a bottom linen cabinet where she liked to sleep and had passed away. She wanted to do what seemed right to her and so did Izzy.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
try not to worry you were not with him at the end, because you were.....your love is spiritual, so was in his heart then and now. those beautiful eyes will watch over you, loving you, thanking you, for the rest of your life. he lives on through you now, so make the rest of your life full of love and happiness, just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. he wants no less.
his love is safe and secure in your soul. never replaced, but added on to, to help it grow and blossom. "do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".
eventually your sadness will be replaced with thankfulness for having him share your life, but that takes time, one day at a time.......RIP precious Izzy. you will forever be remembered, you will have a secure place in a loving heart for eternity. may the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your Izzy, he was a very handsome guy with his peculiar toes.
He loved you so much, you can tell this by the look in his beautiful eyes.

I know how you can feel for not being there when he passed. My cat Pallina, who went to the bridge 5 years ago, did just the same, and I'm still in pain for this.

RIP Izzy, watch over you dad.