The Best Food?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ahem

I am trying to switch to Wysong. Relatively complex to mix, not necessarily easy to find but I think it is a good ideea.

www.wysong.net

If anybody has any experience with it, I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

thanks !!
I highly recommend the Wysong all meat, but for any of their formulas containing garlic I won't use it.

bloob & valo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Pat and Alex,

Thanks for the raw recommendations. Looks like there are a lot of choices out there, just for raw food companies. Those two you recommended are both very good!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think for folks who feed raw (which doesn't include me at this point) it is a really developping market, far better than a few years ago.

I just love the Raw Advantage company, I've met one of their reps at a local distributor's open house, and prefer small companies run by accessible people

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bloob & valo

I'm looking into a few raw companies right now. So far the one I'm impressed with the most is Natures Variety Prairie freeze-dried and frozen foods. The other three I'm looking into are Homemade4Life, Bravo Raw Diet and Great Life Performance.
Out of the raw diets you've mentioned, the only one I know anything about is Homemade4Life (or Pets4Life), it's a pretty good formula, and a good company, but I REALLY dislike the way that they package the food. It's just in ice cream cartons, not sealed with a plastic seal or anything. So I find the food gets freezer-burnt really easily, and the lid freezes to the food, and then you've got paper stuck to the meat. It's definatley something to consider.

bloob & valo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I think for folks who feed raw (which doesn't include me at this point) it is a really developping market, far better than a few years ago.

I just love the Raw Advantage company, I've met one of their reps at a local distributor's open house, and prefer small companies run by accessible people
Yes, it's a great market now for the many pet owners who are transitioning to raw. The reason I don't care for Wysong as I do with the other brands mentioned is because they have animal plasma as a main ingredient in their Chicken and Beef dishes; high salt content in their Pheasant and Uretic; wheat, corn, and cane molasses in their top 10 ingredients of Archtype Buffet; poultry fat and corn in their top 3 ingredients of their Treats; poultry fat, corn gluten meal, wheat, ground wheat and ground corn in their top 10 ingredients in Nuture, etc.

The regular Archetype and Archetype Burgers look good.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bloob & valo

Yes, it's a great market now for the many pet owners who are transitioning to raw. The reason I don't care for Wysong as I do with the other brands mentioned is because they have animal plasma as a main ingredient in their Chicken and Beef dishes; high salt content in their Pheasant and Uretic; wheat, corn, and cane molasses in their top 10 ingredients of Archtype Buffet; poultry fat and corn in their top 3 ingredients of their Treats; poultry fat, corn gluten meal, wheat, ground wheat and ground corn in their top 10 ingredients in Nuture, etc.

The regular Archetype and Archetype Burgers look good.
I like your thinking
I can live with corn gluten meal so long as it isn't the only protein source, but of all that you listed, that is the only ingredient I would accept.

bloob & valo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm glad I can be of some help, even though I'm just starting out! We have that in common, you and I both have fun researching foods. Do you enjoy researching in general? When I get interested in something I can get obsessive until I know everything about it!