The Beatles

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Some of you may have heard of this band from the 1960s ( If you are alive ! )
The lingering question was always 'Will the Beatles ever get back together ? '
If they were all alive and healthy do you think they would have ?

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Sadly, yeah they probably would have for some cheezy CBS special show or such. I can almost see the ads in my head now. And it ain't a pretty thought.

(PS I wasn't alive in the 60s, but I know good music and they're my favorite band)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL sure they would have, if only to keep their various "handlers/agents/managers/etc" happy and in the money :thumbsup:

Seriously, I'm not sure, I saw something not too long ago about one of them being extremely difficult to deal with later on. But, kind of fun to think about :dazzler:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably, at least once, if they got paid enough. Money can help you to put up with people you'd rather not :D. I don't think they would have gotten back together as a long-term thing. Apparently John was quite a jerk, and by the end they all basically hated each other.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think they would have ever gotten back together. They sure did not need the money. I loved the Beatles and would have loved to see them get back together.
I agree. I think John would have been the lone holdout.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think they would have. Never heard that John was a jerk although I've heard the others didn't care for Yoko.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think they would have. Never heard that John was a jerk although I've heard the others didn't care for Yoko.
I don't think it would have to do with anyone being a jerk. I think that he would have just have wanted to move on and explore other things- maybe other genres. I don't think it's fair to blame Yoko for anything (not saying you are but many did and still do). John was a grown man and made his own decisions. IMO he would have seen a reunion as a publicity stunt.

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thought one of them was dead now? I saw them live in Liverpool when I was a young thing, I mean saw as you could not hear them for the screaming of the fans... Worst memory was the terrifying crowd conditions in the city as we made our way from the station to the theatre. One lady put her stiletto heel though my instep!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yoko Ono caused a lot of problems amongst the band members when she was with John. He and Paul stopped getting on so I think there would not have been much chance of 'the fab four' getting together. I think George Harrison was very talented but seemed to be shadowed by John and Paul.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I doubt it, not even for the money.

I was never a big Beatles fan. They were OK, but I could take them or leave them. Just not a fan.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think they would have. I had always understood that Yoko Ono was the problem. Of course there were issues between them, it would have been highly unusual if there hadn't been, but she was the one that put a real wedge between them. I don't blame her alone, when something like that happens it is rarely if ever one person's fault. I think she just really amped up jealousies and resentments.

The only way I think it might have happened is a one time thing for charity.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Here in 1973 John Lennon is asked the question :

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my, the bell bottoms, the mutton chop sideburns and the big Afro hair. I was a junior in high school in 1973 and thought all of those things were the latest and the greatest.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
John Lennon did his best work after the Beatles broke up. Many feel that his song God was among the best done at any time in Rock and Roll, my personal favorite was Working Class Hero. He certainly got away from anything close to a pop genre. I see his later work as more akin to someone like Leonard Cohen.