Thanksgiving Plans?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Makes me feel guilty eating like that when I know there are other's out in the cold, homeless and eating at a local shelter. :sniffle:
I know what you are saying. Every time I have gone grocery shopping for the past month I have bought extra to put in the donation food bins.

I cooked. A lot. :lol3: I am a compete and total zombie today and ache from head to toe. My house is still a mess and we are very slowly trying to take care of it. :lol3:

Let's see what we pigged out on....

Appetizers -

cheese and crackers and chip and dip. My sister in law brought ribs, pizza squares, stuffed mushrooms, cheese bites and sweetened pecans for apps also.

Meal -

ham, turkey, chourico stuffing, french meat stuffing, cornbread stuffing, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, fresh and canned cranberry sauce and I had also ordered and picked up rolls, roasted root vegetables and pumpkin ravioli.

Desserts -

Candy bark, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, carrot cake whoopie pies and almond joy cake.

Everyone went home with leftovers. :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know what you are saying. Every time I have gone grocery shopping for the past month I have bought extra to put in the donation food bins.
:D I DO the same thing!!!! I save up the extra food and bring it over with me to the local PADS shelter. I always think of the less fortunate this time of year, especially :sniffle:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving.   DH's family are arriving tomorrow to do CHRISTMAS! (The fun starts at 10 AM.)

I spent the past 2 days cleaning and cooking, and wrapping gifts. I'm exhausted. I still have the kitchen to mop, and it's 11:21 PM.  I've only had about 4 hours sleep the past few nights.  I was up baking until 1:00 AM Thanksgiving night.  I will NEVER put this much work into a holiday EVER again.  I don't need the pain and sleep deprivation.