Thanks for all of the kind words...

kevman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It has been a week since my buddy Spike is gone. Thanks to those that posted messages. It has really helped me get through this.

What a great site and what great people you are!

Kevin

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kevin no problem
At a time like this you need people such as cat lovers who understand.

People without animals can say stupid remarks such as " it was only a cat!", but only true animal lovers will know exactly how you feel.

I hope the pain has eased slightly after losing Spike, but you know where we all are if it gets too much for you

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm glad you are feeling a little better. I was talking to a friend about grief yesterday, she had a great book called tear soup, about how it takes time to work through the grief process, and how some people don't understand that it takes time to make "tear soup", full of all the memories, good and bad. And that you are never really done.

You will always have a scar in your heart from the pain of losing Spike, but as time goes on and you heal, you will think more of the happy times than of the loss.

I hope to see you on the other boards here at TCS, Kevman, we are always looking for another catlover to join!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kev,
I fully agree with you. I don't remember when I first posted here. However, it was concerning losing Max, the love of my life. These folks had lots of encouragment and that made me want to stick around. Since then I have had opportunity to express sympathy to others who are also dealing with the loss of their beloved pets.
This is a great site, and the folks are wonderful.