Tera + 2 - 4

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the support today. I know it's silly  Our minds know we made the right and adult decision based on what was best for Tera and her babies. The heart doesn't follow so easily.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Toad making a last minute plea to the warden last night before lights out.  Warden did not believe she would keep the promise to not break into the bathroom for a cat party , again. BTW she pried the panel we put up above the door in the bedroom to seal the opening the other cats have used over the years to gain access. I have no idea how she managed but this morning I secured it with 2 inch screws.  Kitten used to find a launching place in the bedroom and fly into the bathroom after a few near misses and crashes we decided to seal it up.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

WMR has an excellent reputation on all fronts. It felt selfish beyond belief to be crying because we can't sneak off and see her which of course made us feel even worse. It would have been constant chaos for months if not years with Mook and Tera having at it. We have always had the rule that the rights of resident cats come first. Because Mercy and now Frog and Toad grew up in the house Mook is quite tolerant of them. We have a couple of adult cats that pass through on occasion. Obviously very well fed pets and Mook upon spying them sounds like a 150LB alpha wolf going for the throat. The first time she did that my husband was out back ready to take down the coyote or whatever was outside that close to the house. Turned out to be BabyMook.  Three weeks in the house and Mook still wanted to eviscerate Tera under the door. Not even a chink in the armor.
Perhaps a little selfish, but so very, very, very human.  Hard to say the final goodbye, when there really was  no final goodbye.   You're entitled to a little grief amid the joy.  I'd have been a touch concerned if there was none.  HUGS!

Toad making a last minute plea to the warden last night before lights out.  Warden did not believe she would keep the promise to not break into the bathroom for a cat party , again. BTW she pried the panel we put up above the door in the bedroom to seal the opening the other cats have used over the years to gain access. I have no idea how she managed but this morning I secured it with 2 inch screws.  Kitten used to find a launching place in the bedroom and fly into the bathroom after a few near misses and crashes we decided to seal it up.
LOL...warden is good, warden is wise.  That kit is NOT to be trusted!  I shudder to think what she and Hek could get into together!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know.  Isn't it terrifying how a little, sweet, affectionate, adorable purrbaby can be a feriocious feral furmonster?   That's what I love about cats -- their complexities, their many shadings of emotion, their teeth and claws...

Wonderful pix! That stinkeye! Tortis seem to excel at that look.  Tarifa is an expert at it, too.  

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are any number of thoughts in Mercy's furry little head...you can see them so clearly, but  I'm not sure they would be repeatable here!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Toad is all nonchalant, washing.  

How I miss watching it snow!  We don't have snow down here in the flats.
We never really had snow this year though I understand the northern mountains have a good snow pack for spring runoff. It's melted already ground way to warm. You'll notice dear Frog had to hang on the curtains a few times.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

GORGEOUS! kitten and GORGEOUS! pics.
Their hair coat is so funky one minute they look very brown the next gray and the next a mixture of brown and gray which is the most accurate. It will be interesting to see them after they shed this spring.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I LOVE Froggie watching the snow!   They are so vitally interested in EVERYTHING!  Smart babies.  But, they had good, smart examples.