Tera + 2 - 4

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, the really important part of this day was that Mook got a nanner [emoji]127820[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji]
There is a wonderful boutique pet store across the street from the VCA. I made it a  point to bring her home a goody. Mercy was overjoyed just having her meatballs back. They also got a stainless water fountain. Four cats I think it's more of a necessity than a luxury now.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We LOVE our fountain and we're on our second one.  I would always try to have one if possible, because they really do love them and they do drink more when they have one!   So happy for Mercy.  And I truly believe all cats need a nanner 
  We also have an apple (or is it a tomato?), a carrot, and a giggling eggplant (this last is a dog toy, but I couldn't resist it and besides, Best Friends was the seller and I love them).

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

We LOVE our fountain and we're on our second one.  I would always try to have one if possible, because they really do love them and they do drink more when they have one!   So happy for Mercy.  And I truly believe all cats need a nanner 
  We also have an apple (or is it a tomato?), a carrot, and a giggling eggplant (this last is a dog toy, but I couldn't resist it and besides, Best Friends was the seller and I love them).
They had the tomatoes but I hesitated and instead bought a pink cigar shaped ones for mercy. I can see the attraction to the banana. It curls and makes it fun to hold.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I would take a video but they really are just sort of subdued tonight. Blood draws and shots. Thermometer up the butt. Wormer. They have eaten some and drank water. I got about 4oz each formula into them. Toad is awake but quiet and Frog is mostly napping. I heated up the snuggle safe and put them in their nest. It's a rock and a hard place. You hate doing these things to them but we are following the most current vaccination protocols. I don't know if Tera ever had any shots. Best guess is no. So far we've been lucky and kept the babies isolated. I agreed with Dr. Nolan that despite Tera's negative test the babies should be tested on their own. We have two healthy cats that we must consider first.

Personally I think being quiet little babies tonight is probably for the best. Both played some when we got home.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Froggy had a rough night. Spent a long time just snuggling him. Much better this morning out playing with sister and Mercy.. Mercy just dipped into their food and Toad decide to have a few bites. Frog ate pretty good from the bottle last night. I feel awful about yesterday but this is long term health vs a day of feeling not so good.  Toad will have nothing to do with the bottle zip nada no way I'm a big girl now. Oh I have a little girl and my little sweet boy.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
10/12/2016 11:20 AM Frog finally ate something. About 2.5 T of KMR second stages mixed with KMR out of a bottle. Toad is eating like there is no tomorrow and showing off great water drinking skills. 

I gave him some Kitten Nutrical last night and this morning along with a few drops of salmon oil. I know he used the litter box because I held a warm cloth on his bum until he hopped over and went. That bit of food perked him up even though he was playing.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

We had a true feral colony when I moved out here 25 years ago. They wouldn't even eat scraps of food you put out for them. A pair of field glasses taught me much about cat behavior that I have used since becoming a cat lover and having them in my home. They have a complex social structure. The mothers who were the hunters often left the tom cat to babysit with a couple of kits making his life hell for a few hours. Cats have a language we haven't quite deciphered. I'm not at all surprised you had a male cat that nurtures the babies.

Mercy is a little powder puff of pure sweetness. For a kitten returned for being aggressive she is the sweetest most gentle little creature. I have always wanted to hug whoever fostered her and just talk to the people who adopted and brought her back. And when I see her teaching these lessons to the babies I feel so blessed double to have that little muffin in our lives.
My tom cat used to babysit my dog's puppies.  Please bear in mind that I grew up in an era when pets weren't routinely spayed and neutered, although Kimberly only had the one litter of pups.  Gray was a wonderful babysitter.  That rough, tough tom who terroized the neighborhood dogs would lie with those puppies and let them do anything to him.

Thinking about the vet trip...if you could actually hear them discussing a vet trip with other cats, it would sound just like an alien abduction scenario!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

My tom cat used to babysit my dog's puppies.  Please bear in mind that I grew up in an era when pets weren't routinely spayed and neutered, although Kimberly only had the one litter of pups.  Gray was a wonderful babysitter.  That rough, tough tom who terroized the neighborhood dogs would lie with those puppies and let them do anything to him.

Thinking about the vet trip...if you could actually hear them discussing a vet trip with other cats, it would sound just like an alien abduction scenario!
Animals are great deal more complex than is generally assumed. much of it missed by attributing everything they do to human emotions. A cat loving another cats is exhibiting the love animals show to each other. Dr. Nolan was impressed that Mercy was so mothering as she said she was still just a baby herself.