Tell A Story When Your Cat Did Something Naughty

brendan2282

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our cats, Max and Phoebe, are generally not naughty (maybe that's because they're now 15 years old and have slowed down a bit!).  But when Max was younger, he used to like to hang out on our deck (we have a  2- story house) and watch birds.  One day, my wife and I were sitting in our hammock in the yard and happened to notice Max sitting on the railing (which he never did).  We thought "how cute!"  Minutes later, we heard a sound like "mraaaar" and lots of rustling, but didn't see anything.    We rushed over to see what happened and who nonchalantly walked by on the ground floor?  Max --  with a "nope,  I didn't just fall off the deck and get battered around the palm tree" look.   Man, that cat had only 8 lives left that  day. . .

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MServant, it sounds like it's time for you to start puttting an extra knot in your bows, the way you do with a small child who can't seem to keep his shoes tied. Or maybe get a backpack with a zipper. Or install some Velcro.

:lol3:

Margret

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Brendan2282, all cats are masters of the "I meant to do that" method of dealing with embarrassment. You're not supposed to let on that you see through it. They know you do, of course, but as long as you don't make a point of it they can pretend you believe them and a little grooming takes care of it.

I bet Max never fell off of the deck again, though. Just because you won't admit the error publicly doesn't mean you can't learn from it.

Margret

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Our cats, Max and Phoebe, are generally not naughty (maybe that's because they're now 15 years old and have slowed down a bit!).  But when Max was younger, he used to like to hang out on our deck (we have a  2- story house) and watch birds.  One day, my wife and I were sitting in our hammock in the yard and happened to notice Max sitting on the railing (which he never did).  We thought "how cute!"  Minutes later, we heard a sound like "mraaaar" and lots of rustling, but didn't see anything.    We rushed over to see what happened and who nonchalantly walked by on the ground floor?  Max --  with a "nope,  I didn't just fall off the deck and get battered around the palm tree" look.   Man, that cat had only 8 lives left that  day. . .
   Sorry, I had to laugh at this one!  Great description, I could almost see Max have his fight with that palm tree!   My boy's really good at the 'vertical drop' and never seems to have mastered the art of righting himself, or balancing on things so as not to fall off.... 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@MServant, it sounds like it's time for you to start puttting an extra knot in your bows, the way you do with a small child who can't seem to keep his shoes tied. Or maybe get a backpack with a zipper. Or install some Velcro.

Margret
   Was chatting with one of my lodgers earlier; we worry that he already knows how zippers work and isn't afraid of the noise velcro makes so your suggestion of the extra knott is probably the best one!  Thanks. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlelion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyone's stories are so funny ;)

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Regent is very jealous of his humans using laptops. I tend to store mine on the end table by the couch. Every morning when I first sit to check my email, he comes to block my access. He is never a lap cat. Never at any other time. But for exactly 30 seconds every morning, he is all over me. It's become a morning routine. I sit on the couch, wait for him to come over, validate him for a minute, and then reach for my laptop.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Regent is very jealous of his humans using laptops. I tend to store mine on the end table by the couch. Every morning when I first sit to check my email, he comes to block my access. He is never a lap cat. Never at any other time. But for exactly 30 seconds every morning, he is all over me. It's become a morning routine. I sit on the couch, wait for him to come over, validate him for a minute, and then reach for my laptop.
   When my boy started to do this I thought 'Great'!  Now if I want a snuggle all I have to do is get my lap top out and he comes straight over and climbs on to my arms and chest for super-snuggles and head butts.  

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Walter, the baby likes sleeping in the dryer or the washer (?). We have no idea why. And closing the doors after pulling laundry out or switching, you don't really think of yk?

Elsie, "Ms Innocent" leads the troops through out the house, knocking over buckets, trash being ready to be taken out , toy boxes ect... all 4 [or 5 if the dog is in line]. Never would I expect it to be Elsie... ever causing such mayhem!
Every single day boxes are knocked over or fresh folded laundry, stuff on my desk, garbage pails (they will walk the rim until we ger them off or it falls over)...

And then we have Mew... the oldest at 7 months who finds the strangest places to jump into or on. The fridge and freezer (She is the only one) being two.
She and Ana will hide in boxes and scare the cadoodles out of me. Hop out when I least expect it!

You guys warned me ;) 4 at once. We love them so much. Biggest complaint " ------ Move, I can't hold you... I am doing homework" :D "

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mouse reverted back to his 'young cat' behaviour this evening and emptied the waste paper bin - he decided that he just HAD to have a chew on the little pile of folded up junk advertising mail that I'd stuffed in there....  in the process of hauling it out with his teeth (the bin was pretty full and tightly packed) he managed to tip the whole thing over and empty more than half the content over the floor.  Then the little bandit decided these bits of paper weren't that interesting after all and ran off to curl up on one of my nice new pillows. 
    Yep, biggest complaint is definitely loving them so much;  they can get away with anything with their cute li'l faces and fluffy bellies. 

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I came out before we went out to TWO full, folded big buckets of laundry knocked over all over my living room.
All dh could say is the cats did it. He didn't even pick the clothes up. Since being home I keep hearing loud crashes (pots and pans I am guessing?).
Tomorrow is dh's "Monday" and the cleaning is going to stink.

I have had a rough day and this did not help. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlelion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today, I was reading, and Happy wanted my attention. So he kept jumping on my lap, trying to tear the book out of my hands, and trying to rip the pages out.

After that didn't work, he grabbed my hairbrush and started playing with it. Wow, Happy...

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
... and this well chewed, former electrical appliance used to be.....   ?   
    Have you identified the culprit or do you think it was a mob attack?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Close...iPad charger. lol Maybe Rico, he loves to play with cords, but then again Zie loves to chew things... :-)