Sweet spots

Masson99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I already tried googling the answer to this but all it told me where the “sweet spots” are on cats in general. Now when I mean sweet spot I mean that one spot where you scratch/pet that makes your cat EXTRA happy. So like for one of my cats he LOVES when you scratch under his chin/on his neck. For another one of my cats it’s when you scratch him just on the side of his neck/right by his ears. For the third one, he just enjoys pets on his head and neck. Does anyone know why this is? I know with dogs if you find the sweet spot they start doing that leg shake thing but every dog has a different sweet spot. This is more out of curiosity as the cat I grew up with would go CRAZY (in a good way) if you pet her from her mid back to the base of her tail.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Several reasons- firstly that's where their scent glands are and releasing those scent molecules feels good,scratching,rubbing petting the areas on the face,under the chin,,on head and neck are pleasurable and it is how cats communicate " acceptance" & " affection:" towards each other- what they are doing is co- mingling their scents together- being marked by pheromones and marking with pheromones

They feel this pleasurable release of pheromones from the time they come out of mothers womb and she grooms them- triggering the scent glands to do what they do

Hope that helps answer your question about " sweet spots"

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two of mine will roll over for belly rubs if they are sleepy and you scratch them under the chin or behind the ears.