Sweet mom & daughter kitties need a home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

So, Eileen, is temptation back at you're house?
Yep, she's back, still adorable and still tempting me!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ah... so the daughter was manipulating the situation. May Big Lucy and the mom live happily ever after once the daughter is gone!
They definitely will.

Originally Posted by booktigger

Fingers crossed.
Thanks so much.
There's a wonderful home at there for Baby Lu. I just know it!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to let everybody know that Baby Lu has been adopted.
I got a call about her on Monday and her new meowmy came to meet her tonight. Lucy sat on her lap and showed off her sweet side, which totally won her over. She'll going home next week when her new meowmy has some time off work to help her get settled in and meet her kitty brother, Buddy, who's 3-years-old. This will be a wonderful home for Lucy and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for all the vibes, guys, and all your support through this crazy situation!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Baby Lu has a forever home.

I am crying with joy.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Just wanted to let everybody know that Baby Lu has been adopted.
I got a call about her on Monday and her new meowmy came to meet her tonight. Lucy sat on her lap and showed off her sweet side, which totally won her over. She'll going home next week when her new meowmy has some time off work to help her get settled in and meet her kitty brother, Buddy, who's 3-years-old. This will be a wonderful home for Lucy and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for all the vibes, guys, and all your support through this crazy situation!
I am so happy that little Lucy finally has found a forever home, that is just the best news ever.

I hope the new owner will keep you updated on how she is doing, and then you can let us know.

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Thanks for understanding, guys.
This is one of the strangest cat situations I've been involved in yet.
I'm trying to do what's best for the cats, obviously, but also for the people. I really appreciate all your vibes and support as this is all sorted out.
I appreciate the fact that you are considering the humans' feelings in all of this too. Sometimes rescue people get jaded, I guess cause they see a lot of the bad side of people. (I was once denied adopting a dog because I noticed she was shedding heavily. I was worried that it indicated a health issue, the rescue lady thought I was unsuitable because I mentioned it. I cried for days) I find it refreshing that you are considering the people's feelings too.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well guys, I hate to say this, but the "Lucy saga" continues. Little Lucy (aka Baby Lu) who was adopted at the end of April is doing great in her new home. She has a meowmy who truly loves her and a brother, Buddy, who's just as crazy and playful as she is.

Unfortunately, the crazy family that begged for Big Lucy to be returned to them, now wants to "get rid of" her again. I'm so fed up with these folks!
I tried being patient and understanding for the sake of the cats, and because I know they truly have some family issues, but I'm tired of dealing with them. I'd love to wash my hands of the whole situation, but feel responsible for Big Lucy. I should never have returned her to them in the first place, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

The good news is that that Little Lucy's meowmy is interested in fostering (and possibly adopting) Big Lucy (along with changing her name) Unfortunately, she's getting ready to make a 10-day trip out of the country and won't be able to take her until the first week of Nov. The family is really bugging me to take Big Lucy now, so my parents have agreed to foster her if need be.

I'm hesitant to take Big Lucy again and wouldn't be surprised if the family does change their minds again. Too bad. They're not getting her back. I've already told them this and they're agreeable, but we'll see. The good thing is that all of Big Lucy's vet records are in my name, as is the paperwork from the rescue that initially took her. Technically, she's my cat. I don't anticipate them putting up a fuss but, if they do, I'm prepared.

So, any vibes you can spare that things fall into place and I can finally get Lucy someplace where's she's truly loved and appreciated would be great.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart, Eileen.
You've bent over backwards for those people and all you're getting in return is kicked in the teeth.
Bless Little Lucy's new Mom and your parents for helping you with this.
Sending lots of vibes and Prayers for you, Little Lucy's new Mom, your Parents and most of all Big Lucy she doesn't deserve this, poor little sweetheart.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Their behavior is just not fair to Big Lucy.
Give them $1 for Big Lucy and make them sign a bill of sale for her Eileen.
That way they have no claim.

I am thrilled that that Little Lucy is in a forever loving home.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear that Big Lucy still isn't settled Eileen, but I am sure you will be able to sort her out, and glad that she potentially has a good home to go to, and that Little Lucy is happy.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys.
Looks like Big Lucy is definitely going to stay with my parents. "Crazy woman", as I've come to think of her, called last night to see if I could pick Lucy up this weekend. So, will do that tomorrow. Lucy will be with my folks until my friend who's interested fostering and potentially adopting her gets back from her trip.

I'm truly hoping for Lucy's sake, and my own sanity, that this is the end of my dealings with "crazy woman."

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed for Lucy, and hope this is the end of her moving about now.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you're getting Lucy out of there, frankly I don't think that Woman knows what she wants and that's not fair to Lucy.

Bless you for helping Lucy and your parents and friend for helping too.
I hope to read soon that Lucy is in a forever home.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
kick her in the shins right before you walk out the door
glad Lucy is finally getting out of there for good!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Say goodbye forever to your Crazy Neighbor.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What?!?!?!?!?!? This has been going on since March! I can understand why you refer to her as "Crazy Woman". Poor big Lucy.

Sending many, many vibes that this kitty can finally find her forever home.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Big Lucy....Eileen's gonna get you a furr-ever home &
the "Crazy Woman" to you know where!

catzrule40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor Big Lucy. Thats a terrible way to treat a cat. She shouldnt be bouced around by this lady like this. I'm so glad and proud of u eileen that you told crazy woman that she wont be getting big lucy back. She is a sweet loving cat, not a basketball. Same thing happened with shadow,this lady gave me shadow, claiming she couldnt keep shadow in her new apartment, then 2 months later she goes and gets a dog,to make matters worse she tried to trick me into giving shadow back by saying that if shadow was causing trouble or if she was too much trouble that she would take her back. I told her no shadow is an angel and even if shadow was causing trouble she wont be getting my baby back. God Bless eileen give Big Lucy a big kiss
from me! Donna