Sweet Luna

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found out just now that my roommate's cat (a cat that I lived with for a year) is being euthanized today and soon. She had been battling dry FIP for almost 2 months. In these last few days, she was heading down hill very quickly. She developed an ulcer on her eye, which medication wasn't helping because of her being on steroids. She wasn't eating much which wasn't Luna at all. She normally was so food motivated (She stole food from us more than a few times and we all had a good few laughs over this small kitten trying to drag off chicken as big as her). She was running a high fever the last time she was brought in for a check up which was concerning considering the steroids were supposed to keep it down. They gave her medication to try and help lower it and it was to be checked today. At the check up her temperature was 109 and the vet advised that it was better to euthanize than let her continue like this.

My heart hurts so much. For many reasons. I love Luna. She was a precious, sweet, angel. There wasn't a day that went by that she didn't bring light and love into our apartment. She was beautiful and so photogenic. My own cat Mika was very fond of Luna, they cuddled together all the time! June was Luna's 1st birthday.

However, I'm also hurting because my roommate isn't able to be with her cat when she passes over the rainbow bridge. She has been out of the country on a mission trip believing that Luna had more time based off of vet's advice (nothing against the vet, no one really knows, but that is the truth of the matter). She heard that Luna wasn't doing well and rescheduled her original return date from July 22nd to tomorrow. But Luna tanked so fast that now my roommate wont even be able to say goodbye. Her mother will be the one to do it.

I hurt for everyone. Luna won't get to see her favorite person before she passes. My roommate wont get to see her baby and say goodbye. I won't be able to console anyone as I'm also away from them all. Mika won't know what happened to her buddy either. I'm so sick.

The apartment is going to feel so empty without the precious Lulu. LuRu. Luna Baby. I know that she is without pain and going to wait happily for my roommate to join her one day but she will be so missed until then.

Sweet Angel.

Attachments

Last edited:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this is terrible, I am so sorry that this is happening and so young, we never know how much time we have with them or people for that matter, and for her not to be home is awful but she couldn't help it, so so sad all the way around. I wish that I could take some of the pain away....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

Please tell her I am so sorry, I hope your hearts heal a bit more each day, she is fine now and healthy and happy once again. God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, honey this is rotten.
(For reference, a cats normal temperature is around 100 F).
Sweet baby RIP, your troubles are over. You lit up their world while you were here, no cat could have done more.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Luna, dream you deep. You touched so many hearts, and will live in them forever.

I am so sorry. What a filthy, vicious disease FIP is. Many, many hugs across the miles, for you and your roommate.

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is heartbreaking. Luna is so adorable and so young. She didn’t deserve to suffer and cross the bridge so soon. :( I’m sure her short life was filled with love and happiness, but my heart really breaks for all of you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart breaks for you all. Luna is so sick right now, I'm sure her awareness is affected, especially with such a high fever, she is most likely is drifting in and out and keeping all she holds dear with her right now. It is terrible your roommate can't be with her, she tried, but the bond that is between the both of them will tie them together over the miles. Little Luna will be thinking of her, of all that she has received over this last year. She received a wonderful home with people and a friend who loved her, and for that she is at peace and so thankful. But she has to answer another call now, she will walk another path. She has blessed your lives for such a short time, but look what she has brought to it! It is heartbreaking to lose her, but she has brought so much to the life of your roommate, it would have been unthinkable to have never met her at all.
It would also be unthinkable to let her suffer. She has a horrible disease that has no cure. She is at the point that living is no longer a joy, it is existing. It serves no purpose to let the suffering go on, that sweet baby deserves one final act of love to bring this to an end.
Try not to dwell on the end,she would never want that for the one she loves so much. She would want those she loves to go forward into the future with the happy memories, and to pass forward the legacy of love she left you all. Because that is what love is, that is what you would want for her if you were the first to go.
"Death cannot take that which never dies", so know in your heart she will always be as near as your memories, as near as near as your prayers. Love never dies, it is a part of the soul, it is eternal.
Take care, thank you for letting us know of this precious little girl and her courageous battle. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers........may her journey to the Rainbow Bridge be a swift one, may the good Lord bless and keep her, until you meet again.