Survivor Africa!!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was sure that Tom was going this time, after what Theresa said to Lex and Kim, so I was shocked when Theresa got voted off.

But I am glad, I liked her, but I really wanted Tom to stay, he makes things interesting!
I too am beginning to wonder if it is rigged...a guy at work pointed out to me today that this episode was the first one that any of them had showed any signs of a sunburn, after how many weeks there? Weird.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ex-'Survivor' Battles Office Fire
The Associated Press
Jan 4 2002 2:59PM

WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Michael Skupin's days as a ``Survivor'' contestant may be over, but the challenges keep coming.
Fire broke out Thursday in a building where Skupin was setting up an office for his motivational speaking business in Oakland County's Waterford Township, a suburb northwest of Detroit. He grabbed an extinguisher and tried to battle the flames, but gave up because of heavy smoke.

The fire caused minor damage and was put out quickly, Capt. Steve Booth said. It apparently started in a bathroom exhaust fan. No one was injured.

Skupin, 39, was forced to leave the CBS reality television series ``Survivor: The Australian Outback'' after his hands were badly burned when he passed out over a fire.

Last September, he and his family escaped serious injury when a twin-engine plane in which they were riding crash-landed along the Lake Michigan shoreline in Petoskey.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That passing out in the fire was sure bizarre. I remember some people were trying to say that he did it intentionally for publicity, but what a chance he took if he did. If I were him, I would go move near water and stay away from matches!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
who's going to be the ultimate survivor?!?!?!

I would love it if Tom won. He's been so much fun to watch.

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With 2 hrs. of Survivor Africa and a 1 hr. Reunion Show; Thursday nite is Survivor Fest Party at my house, but I'm the only one here who really gives a damn, so I will be "Partahying" alone !
:pinky:

Oh, well, all the more cornmeal mush and warm ox blood for me. . . . . . . .

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't care who wins, as long as it's not Lex or Kim .....

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...conniving time here....Survivor Night is the only night I really take control of our TV's at work, and I have a pretty good following of Survivor fans too....but without fail, some a$$hole will want to play the jukebox, or watch wrestling...or
both.

So, how do I stop this without sabotaging my tips
?

I suppose I could rig the jukebox, I know how to open it and make it "inoperable" for a couple hours...but we have video cameras so I might get caught if anyone complains.

I could "just say NO" but that would make me the "b*tch" and hurt my tips for the night...maybe longer.

We have 2 tv's, one 27" and a big screen, so I could have wrestling on the big screen, and Survivor on the smaller ( I can see the smsller one better!) but that doesn't solve the jukebox problem.

(maybe I should just call in sick?)

Hmmmm.....I guess I'll just have to think like a Survivor and win this game!

(btw...Ethan better win, if not, anyone but Lex!!!
)

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope your able to watch tonight Diane!

I'm counting down the time, less than 15 minutes left!

C'mon Tom!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well just my opinion, but since Ethan is now out of the final immunity challenge, he doesn't have a shot. neither kim or lex will want to take him to the final 2. he is the most likable. lex doesn't have a shot against him, and it'll be interesting to see if lex honors their alliance, which was to take it until the end if he wins.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
your boy won!!!!

whooo-hoooo

talking to myself.....is that s sign of insanity?

juicelyn0527

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! What a great outcome!!! Finally, I have been so frustrated the past 2 seasons. I am glad that "EATHEN" won. Big Tom was so funny. Anyone think Silas' hair looked hot???? I was looking for Colby in the audience, but didnt see him. I will be sad on Thursday nights now.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was glad that Ethan won...... I didn't think that KimJ deserved the money. Kelley was a riot to watch!:tounge2:
As for the reunion being live, there was no way it could've been -- when they showed Tom's party, it was light in Virginia. They may have taped it live, but it wasn't a "live" show!

I cannot wait to see Survivor 4!
: Especially, after seeing the lionfish, I wonder if anyone will get stung by one?

Did you see how much the immunity idol is going for?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad that he won because Kim played down and dirty and Ethan kept his integrity throughout. Thank God Lex wasn't one of the final two.

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Cleo
I feel bad for Clarence, I think the deal he made with Teresa was very nice of him, I think he could have held out and won, but he gave it a shot and played Rock, Paper, Scissors and lost. He didn't have to do that.

I loved it when Teresa sang! I missed the first few episodes, why did she think she needed immunity? Why do the others want her off?

Lex is a major manipulator and needs the boot just to wipe that superior smirk off his face!

Tom bugs me just because of his Good 'Ol Boy attitude, and those overalls and hat just make me giggle!

Brandon is just so prissy, what a Drama Queen! He'd even be prissy if he were a girl! :LOL:

Kelly and Kim (younger) annoy me, but I think they are no threat.

I like the older Kim, she seems well grounded, pleasant, and sane.

I used to like Frank, he was quiet and seemed normal, now I think he was quiet 'cuz he has a few screws loose...what was that thing with the elephant? I told my BF he looked like the elephant had scared the s*it outta him and he was fanning his butt!

Ethan is my favorite, he's calm, friendly, well spoken, and seems to lay fair. (not to mention so fine!)

Next week I'll probably change my mind....or not?
Gee whiz, except for Teresa, I called that one!

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woohoo!! My man Ethan...I knew he'd pull it off
I actually cried when Big Tom got voted off, I love that guy
But, there couldn't have been a more deserving winner than Ethan, he proved you don't have to be a back stabber or cut-throat to win.As far as Kelly goes- what a sore loser and psycho! I loved Ethans answer to Brandons question..it floored me coming from him, hes normally so soft spoken

I just loved the ceremony the final three went through by the African Natives, it really touched me. I sat watching it with tears spilling down my cheeks, they have such reverance for their land and such spirituality, it was absolutely beautiful. What did you guys think of it?