Supermarket Wet Food?

Yanira

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I´ve been feeding my kitten high quality wet food since two weeks ago, when I ran out of cans and money.
One day, reading the labels of my supermarket´s brand (a weird hobby of mine, reading cat food labels), and to my surprise, I saw one of their variants was grain, sugar (didn´t know this was a possibility untill I read a lot of labels) and gums free.
My question is, is it a good food to give to my cat? I´m unsure of the kind of meat they use, but I suspect it isn´t human quality.

WhiteWolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you post all of the ingredients or give us a brand name? Grain is really not necessary in cat food but I would rather see brown rice than corn.

Evie's Mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd also like to see the ingredients and brand name.
Slightly broke at the moment so my cats are eating Fancy Feast.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grains (particularly wheat and/or corn: like WhiteWolf WhiteWolf , I think rice is less bad) and sugar (particularly awful!) definitely don't belong in cat food and I'd worry far more about those than byproducts! It's a good thing you read labels.

Fancy Feast classics (the pates) or Sheba are better options. Friskies pates have some rice in them but I'd sooner feed those than something with grain plus sugar. Are those options available where do you live, Yanira?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yanira

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The brand name is compy, it's from an spanish supermarket called mercadona. The composition is: meat and meat by products, minerals.
Additives:vitamin A : 2000 UI / kg
vitamin D3 :200 UI / kg
vitamina (alpha-tacoferol): 15mg / kg
Analisis:

Protein: 9%
Fats: 6%
Celulose: 0'5%
Ashes: 3%
Moisture: 81%
Fancy Feast classics (the pates) or Sheba are better options. Friskies pates have some rice in them but I'd sooner feed those than something with grain plus sugar. Are those options available where do you live, Yanira?
No, fancy feast is not avaliable in my region ( just gourmet gold and diamond, and those have sugar in them). And I've read sheba pouches ( the only product they sell nearby) labels and I'd swear that in my region it has sugar.

Last edited:

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The brand name is compy, it's from an spanish supermarket called mercadona. The composition is: meat and meat by products, minerals.
Additives:vitamin A : 2000 UI / kg
vitamin D3 :200 UI / kg
vitamina (alpha-tacoferol): 15mg / kg
Analisis:

Protein: 9%
Fats: 6%
Celulose: 0'5%
Ashes: 3%
Moisture: 81%
Looking at the ingredients, I'm curious where cellulose is from. There is no plant ingredients listed.
Also, is this complete and balance food? I didn't see taurine. .. :confused2:
Otherwise, it looks like decent food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yanira

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll look again tomorrow and see if that food has taurine or not. But using it very sporadically should be ok or should I look for something else?