Sunday's question of the day 9/8

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Sunday

A lot of people I know are sad to see summer go... I love the beginning of fall! My favorite thing is turning off the AC and sleeping with the windows open. I love being able to go for walks without high humidity and wearing my sweaters again. I love that apple season is almost here too.

Do you like the change of seasons? What do you like best about fall?

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Fall is my favorite season,  I love the weather and to see all the colors change.  Summer is my least favorite season so I am very happy to see it go altho it's still quite warm here and we needed the a/c on last night.  The humidity is also coming back next week so the summer unfortunately is not over yet.   Hurry up and get her Fall .

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spring has alwsays been my favorite season. (as least when we lived up North). I always hated Fall becaue winter was coming soon.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I've got to say that I hated the brutally hot summers in Texas, and Fall was always very welcome since it usually brought some relief from the heat. I still love Fall even though summers here are pretty fantastic (and I really look forward to them).

I love Fall and Winter - when there is a Pacific storm raging outside, or it snows and we're all cozy at home with a fire in the fireplace... also the holidays are the best, I love Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Bring it on!

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the fall when it gets cooler before it gets too cold. I hate the cold, but I love sleeping with the windows open and having them open during the day. Unfortunately, my crazy neighbours already turned the heat on on Friday. 
We live in the front half of a shared house and only the back has controls for the heat. I woke up Friday morning and it was like a sauna, I opened all the windows to let the heat out. I will be talking to them if they keep turning the heat on this early. It's not good for my 1 year old daughter to sleep in that crazy heat and it isn't good for their 5 month old son either.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
My favourite season is probably spring as the beautiful shapes and shades of winter are still there but nature is just starting to bloom and touches of colour are appearing.  I love fall/autumn too as it is cooler and full of beautiful colours. It's usually cool enough to be active outdoors without getting all hot and bothered. I'm a bit weird though as I love winter, esp. when it's a lovely cold, crisp day, maybe icy but not wet/snowy! I can wrap up in lovely warm clothes and curl up under a fleece blanket without feeling guilty:)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Our temps are pretty temperate year round but summers are usually foggy so I love it when fall comes.  We get a beautiful fall--warm and clear, no fog.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you smitten4kittens & LaRussa. I love fall. It's my favorite time of year! I love the colors, the cooler temps, having the windows open, & this humidity can't be gone soon enough!! I stated my own cleaning business this spring, & when I am  cleaning a house, I am usually pretty soaked!! 
  The cooler temps can't get here soon enough for me!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love everything about fall; except for winter coming!  

The weather was gorgeous here on Friday so I opened a lot of the windows.  Unfortunately that brought more fruit flies in my house than the ones that hitch a ride here on the bananas.  They are so annoying!!  

Apple season just started at the local orchard where we go picking.  Or; where we went last year and plan to go this year!  It was so much fun!  I love fall baking, the scents and cozy sweaters!  Our leaves won't turn for more than a month yet.  We do love taking walks on trails in the area.  Once the leaves change and the bugs and allergens die down that will be even more fun!  Especially when it's cool enough that you don't sweat!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer is always grand, of course! But I also love fall. The colours of the trees, the nice balance of refreshing cool/lukewarm weather that isn't too hot or hot, cozyness in bed, no flies/mosquitoes bugging you when you want to do things like hike or trailride, and Halloween/Thanksgiving! The foods, from hot drinks to pumpkin pie. Themed flavours like pumpkin spices and cinnamon. And of course, it sort of helps a little when favourite shows come back, haha, and seasons for events and activites, like Opera and Dance.

But yeah, there is the bad part about it, when winter is just around the corner. I don't hate winter entirely, it has its charming moments and I appreciate many aspects of it that it offers, but it can be a huge pain in the arse sometimes. Can make driving stressful, my skin gets on my face gets regularly dry, the cold can feel painful, chills that can tricky to get rid of, snowstorms and so forth. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love going to the nature park and walk and seeing the leaves changing red,orange yellow. They are so pretty.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Autumn is my favourite time of year here as it means the humid, hot summer is over and I can be more active.

It's Spring here now, and I think it's going to be a long, hot summer......

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I like fall. I just don't like what it means. Such long nights, the cold weather and the snow and ice. Usually by mid-January, the holidays are all over, I'm severely depressed and have the worst case of cabin fever from being cooped up inside for the winter. I just hate freezing for months on end.

Give me lots of sunny skies and warmth.....and I'm a happy camper.

When we retire, we're taking the cats and moving to Belize! I swear we are!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I love the Fall.....coolers temps, the crisp feel to the air, the smells and the colors.