Sunday, Question of the Day, 21 March, 2021

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Subaru Ascent Premium with captains chairs (no “stop touching me!!”:rolleyes3:) in magnetite gray. Build & Price Subaru Ascent | Subaru of America

Plenty of space for my garden stuff, towing ability for the kayaks, and extra seating for nieces and nephews. Sounds good to me!!

I would like a pickup for DH; and for hauling bigger stuff. But this question is about what I want.:cool:😇:lol2:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a loyal Toyota fan so anything made by them. I drive the crap out of my cars in a short period of time. I get over 300,000 miles on my cars before I trade them in and NEVER had any major repairs done on them. Routine maintenance is key.
Me too. My last 4 cars have been Toyota's and I would not have anything else.

I hate driving so I would have a chauffeur driven car, the chauffeur could choose which one.
I also hate driving so I would also have to have a chauffeur.

I would like to have a new Camry in that pretty blue color.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What colors do you guys like in vehicles?
I can answer that one! Green! I've never had a green car though. Black-gold, which was pretty, silver, which was fine, and white, which I don't like at all.

I loved my Saturns, but they don't make them anymore. Idk what car I would pick, but probably something slightly roomier since the car seat takes up so much room, but also no desire for a van or SUV (though I'm sure I'll eventually get one).

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Complicated for me because many/most cars are not made for a five foot tall person. There have been cars I really liked that I just couldn’t drive comfortably.
I know exactly what you mean! You are too short to drive a lot of cars but too tall to qualify for adaptive options. I am 5' with shorter than average limbs. My legs are obviously short., but my arms are about 2' to 3" shorter than what they should be given my proportions. It all makes reaching the pedals and being a safe enough distance from the steering wheel a difficult task. Throw in the fact that it has to have a big enough trunk for my wheelchair, and the whole thing is a pain. Having said that, I am a week and a half away from being 46 and have only owned three cars. My last car, Titania, would still be with me had it not been for an accident that twisted her frame. Before that was Rasputin. I currently have Drusilla.

I love my Ford Focus because it (almost) meets all my requirements. If I could have any car, it would be low milage dark grey or black 2018 Focus SEL with a cold weather package and black interior.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I know exactly what you mean! You are too short to drive a lot of cars but too tall to qualify for adaptive options. I am 5' with shorter than average limbs. My legs are obviously short., but my arms are about 2' to 3" shorter than what they should be given my proportions. It all makes reaching the pedals and being a safe enough distance from the steering wheel a difficult task. Throw in the fact that it has to have a big enough trunk for my wheelchair, and the whole thing is a pain. Having said that, I am a week and a half away from being 46 and have only owned three cars. My last car, Titania, would still be with me had it not been for an accident that twisted her frame. Before that was Rasputin. I currently have Drusilla.

I love my Ford Focus because it (almost) meets all my requirements. If I could have any car, it would be low milage dark grey or black 2018 Focus SEL with a cold weather package and black interior.
I currently have an HRV, the perfect size for me.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I can answer that one! Green! I've never had a green car though. Black-gold, which was pretty, silver, which was fine, and white, which I don't like at all.

I loved my Saturns, but they don't make them anymore. Idk what car I would pick, but probably something slightly roomier since the car seat takes up so much room, but also no desire for a van or SUV (though I'm sure I'll eventually get one).
I had a Saturn wagon for ten years. Great car.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
What colors do you guys like in vehicles?
I have had a half dozen cars in shades of blue (Liked the light blues, hated the navy), one gold car (hated it) and the current vehicle which is a midnight mulberry color. Looks sparkly deep purple in bright light, dark grey in lower lights. Really like the color. These days there are fewer colors to choose from. I hate most of them - red, white, black and light or dark grey.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would like something that is decent in town but can go on mild off-road so that when visiting the graves falls on me I can still get out to the one family cemetery. But if it's pure fantasy, maybe a Volvo XC40 in denim blue metallic.