Suggestions For Easy To Eat Salmon Free Dry Food For Toothless Skinny Senior?

brennok

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have currently have 5 indoor cats and the youngest cat has a severe salmon allergy. This has made me shift my foods for the entire household thought I have mostly just changed from salmon flavors since I haven't had much luck with other brands. I have a very skinny senior cat who has lost weight but come back clean both on blood and urine so I need to find a good dry food. She doesn't seem to tolerate wet food well though since she will randomly throw it up later, which is one of the big reasons I had her checked again. She is also missing most of her teeth now so I am looking for a strong smelling dry cat food that is also easy to eat.

I currently leave dry down all day and then feed some wet both in the evening and morning. They currently eat Pro Plan indoor Turkey and Rice, Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and stomach Lamb and Rice, and Max Cat indoor roasted chicken with Turkey and Rice being the most popular.

I get the sense her sense of smell may be weakened since she will walk up to both the wet and dry food sniff and then walk away. If I give her a few temptations, she will then go and start eating. I have only done this a handful of times so it isn't something where she thinks holding out will get her treats.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ziwipeak's Air-Dried stinks to high heaven. The texture is different than kibble. Kind of like soft jerky, I guess. You'd have to try it to see if it'd be easier to eat.

It's higher in calories than some people like. It's also low protein, so I'd recommend the Venison (45% protein) or the Lamb and Mackeral (43% protein) as they are the highest.

It's a bit pricey, not gonna lie.

I did not see any salmon in the ingredients, but I have included a link so you can do your own analysis.

They sell on Amazon and Chewy. I personally buy from Chewy because I don't really trust food sold on Amazon for some reason and Chewy is really good about returns.

You can ask Ziwi for free samples. They don't have samples for the Venison. I am unsure about the Lamb and Mackeral since I decided to just buy it.

Air-Dried Cat Food | Ziwi Pets

I've read many times that raised cat bowls are supposed to help with digestion. You could see if feeding her wet on something like this would help:
Really do not know if that would actually help but I'm just spitballing here.

Hopefully others will offer more (and probably better) suggestions and advice.

FetchingCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've seen some freeze dried raw foods in powder form at Sprouts. You mix it with water. It might be easier to chew and not have the canned food additives that may be making Kitty throw up