Check This Out.... Chart For Cat Food Ingredients

LTS3

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
Over the past couple of weeks, @cheeser and I have been working on a cat food ingredient chart that anyone can use to find suitable foods a food sensitive cat can eat or if a particular ingredient is to be avoided for preference reasons, such as no gums. Cheeser already had a personal spreadsheet that she had been using for her cat's multiple food sensitivities. It was just a matter of taking that spreadsheet and getting it usable for others.

The result is this --> Wet Cat Food Ingredient Chart

Need a chicken free food? Seafood free? Chicken-, seafood-, gum-, grain-, and montmorillonite clay- free or some other combination of ingredients? Use the handy chart to find suitable foods :)

There are 4 tabs (pages) of the spreadsheet. Please take the time to read each page to fully understand how to use the spreadsheet and about the filters. Even if you're familiar with using spreadsheets, please read the "how to guide" first. Google Sheets works a little differently from Excel and other similar programs. Cheeser and I have gone back and forth to make the "how to guide" as easy to understand as possible with pictures. It may take a bit of time to get the hang of using the spreadsheet even with the "how to guide".

Things to note:

• Only wet foods that appear to be 100% nutritionally complete and currently available in the US are listed.
  • The spreadsheet does not list every single brand available nor every single variety within a brand.
  • The spreadsheet is not a complete list of every single possible ingredient allergen.
  • This is not an official TCS project nor is it endorsed by TCS. It's just a labor of love from a couple of forum members who got together to pool their data and technical expertise, with some much appreciated feedback from some of the staff members in an unofficial capacity.

Cheeser and I hope this chart will be useful to others :) There are charts with nutritional info out there but no chart, that we know of, for ingredients that are possible causes of sensitivities in cats. We've gone over the final spreadsheet numerous times and hope we caught all the typos and formatting issues but if something needs to be fixed, let us know :hellocomputer:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
:thanks:

It's a good starting point if you have a cat with known food sensitivities or are still figuring out what your cat might be sensitive to :agree: The chart makes it a lot easier to quickly find suitable foods without the no-no ingredients.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Good job, a lot of work and time went into this project, you two. Very informative, something worthwhile to use as a reference when food questions come up. Thank you both for your diligent work.:clap2:

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
Best day ever! Thank you LTS3 LTS3 and @cheeser this is so handy!

Small suggestion: Can you separate the Fowl from Poultry easily? I ask because some might be like my Charlie - no poultry or Turkey of any kind - but Duck is okay. :-D

The amount of work here is amazing and very appreciated.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

PS - Never mind I can see where I can say yes/no now. XOXOXOXOX (My okay button was just hidden.)

:worship:WOW this is so much easier to find something that Charlie might eat. :bliss:

Last edited: