Suddenly Stopped Receiving Email Notifications

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everything was working fine until yesterday. I haven't received email notifications for conversations or threads in the last 24hrs, but they're still showing up as alerts on-site. I haven't changed any settings, and as far as I can tell email notifications are still checked.

Oddly, I am still receiving the TCS newsletter though :confused:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped receiving email notifications yesterday, and now even the ones at the top right corner have stopped :dunno:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem; did not receiv email notifications for conversations or threads in the last 48hrs, but they're still showing up as alerts on-site. I haven't changed any settings.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You could try logging out and then logging in again. It's probably a coincidence, but I started receiving them againafter I did that.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Anne Anne :)

fyi- I got an email this morn about your convo alert... but still nada on receiving emails of updated threads. (Until I give you the good news about "Mention emails", just know I still have never received those.)

Anyway - partly fixed?
:crossfingers:
We'll see how the morning pans out! Thanks for your efforts!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you for your patience with this. This should be fixed now. Just please be aware that while conversation notifications go out almost immediately, the ones for new posts in threads can take a bit longer (the system checks the database for those on an hourly basis). If you haven't received a notification about a new post in a thread that you're watching and such a new post had in fact been made within a 2 hour window, then please let me know.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 13 minutes ago, I started getting some watched thread emails again - woo!

:hellocomputer:

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't always receive email notifications either. Nor do I always get alerts to threads on the actual site, and often find myself happening upon additional posts by pure chance. This would be ok if it weren't for the fact that I seem to sometimes miss being made aware of the thread starter's new posts in threads that I've been involved in for a long time (or even a short time, come to think of it). I feel a wee bit negligent for not noticing updates.

Sorry to bandwagon your thread Columbine Columbine but I don't really want to create a whole new thread and clutter up the site.

:hellocomputer: