Stress

sabbyjake

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Would a cat that is stressed because of the owners yelling at each other take their stress out on another cat in the house?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, my poor Dutch knows what an elavated voice sounds like, he got yelled at for jumping on and biting his brother so much when he was younger. This was not normal play, this was pinning down and making his brother cry out horribly and drawing blood. He now disappears very quickly when there is a raised voice. I feel horrible, but the damage is done, no amount of reassurance now seems to help.....Cats can 'feel' anger in the air and they get confused and scared. It makes them afraid and want to hide.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes definitely when my husband shouts at the football on the telly the cat gets really stressed and upset. When Tik was alive he would start fighting with patches when he got stressed. The rest of the time they were best buddy's.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My x-hubby used to stress out the cat’s when he yelled at me. His anger stressed my cat’s horribly. They didn’t really want to be around him in the end.

Meanwhile Jackie (who never knew my x-hubby) ignores me when I raise my voice and tell him off, unless I’m standing up. He knows if I get up I will chase him clapping my hands. Clever little punk 🙄