Stray Kitten Kiara

MichelleP224

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!

20180108_091650.jpg
20171230_223255.jpg

My family took in this stray kitten, and I bottle-fed her until weaned. As she's aged a little(She's 2 months in these photos), we've noticed a few things different about her than our other kitten, who is 5-ish months. We have also done research.
Apparently, it is uncommon for an orange cat to be female. (Pretty cool!) Also, her legs are shorter than the average cat. Her face is a little rounder than average. Her eyes appear a little smaller, and they also seem to droop, especially at certain angles. And she also is very clumsy, and is scared of heights!
Is there something medically different or wrong, or is she maybe mixed with a different breed??

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s so cute! And, you’re right, it’s not too common that we see orange females. Here’s a special thread for unique kitties like her: Let's See Your Orange/cream Females

She does have distinctive features that lead me to think that she has some British Shorthair in her, with that rounded face, and medium-sized ears set well-apart. Her fur looks very thick and dense too which is an important characteristic of the breed. British Shorthairs also have short to medium-length legs, so she fits there too. Technically, though, if she doesn’t have papers, she’d be considered a Domestic Shorthair.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah, and the british gentlemen and gentleladies, arent renown for any great agile abilities. :)
At least not compared to some of the Commoners running and jumping freely around. :)

So it may be she has a very near Ancestry.