Stray Advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Midwest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So...I woke up this morning to scratching at my door. I figured the cat was hungry but instead he had killed a bird and I guess is giving it to me as a present.

Midwest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He seemed disappointed that I didn't eat it...
He didn't seem to want to eat it either and was smacking it agsinst the wall and playing with it. So I took it away and gave him a tiny bit of milk for reward.

He seems to like his new house and stays in there pretty much all day. I've made a decision as far as neutering him which is that I'm going to wait until he lets me pet him or preferably lets me pick him up. Just doesn't seem right until then, others may disagree.

Attachments

Midwest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Big progress this morning.
He ended up dozing off in my bedroom after eating so I closed the door and when he woke up and come back into the living room and saw the door was closed he didn't freak out like before. He actually just began playing with a catnip stuffed mouse I got him. I cracked the door for him and he didn't run out right away. Ate and drank a little more, wondered around again and then left.

Before he really had a look of panic whenever he saw the door closed

Midwest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wish they let you edit posts here. Typing on a phone doesn't work for my spelling and grammar

Lol

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You'll get an edit button very shortly. Meantime, every time you add a second post as a correction, you're getting closer!

Midwest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Things have seemed to have regressed a bit and he is acting more scared than he has been. Not sure why.

He is going into whatever room I'm not in now and hanging out there. Then hides if I come in and runs out suddenly.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With ferals it does tend to be 1 step forward, then 2 steps back. But he'll get there eventually. Is he inside all the time now?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With ferals it does tend to be 1 step forward, then 2 steps back. But he'll get there eventually. Is he inside all the time now?
Yep. This is all part of it. You have to expect it to happen, and not beat yourself up, or think that it isn't going to work. Time is your friend here.