Strangest thing your cats have done.

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello

My boys, dont do anything strange, however, I had a cat who was well, very noisy.

We walked down the road to the local shop, she would follow and end up behind you inside the shop, of course, the cashiers did not like this, and said that I need to get her out, however there was no signs saying no cats allowed. I put her outside, the next thing I knew, she was behind me again. lol. Everytime anyone went to the shop, she was there, the cashiers got used to her coming in. She would go in the shop, pick up cat food (single pouch) take it home and leave it on the table, like can I have this please, walking out of the shop without paying. hahah. Of course we had to go and pay for the food she took. it was only a pouch every 2-3 days. I miss her soo much, she had kittens, and we kept one, my sister named her daisy, turned out to be a boy, hahah.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When Max was alive, everything he did was strange.
He didn't know he was a cat. He got in the shower with me, walked on the treadmill with me, played hide and seek and too many other cool things to mention here. When he died, I wrote his story so I would never forget what a special cat he was.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My RB kitty Freckles used to watch baseball with me. He could predict when Manny Ramirez would hit a home run! If Manny came up and Freckles stared at the screen, it meant homer (or darn close to one). If Freckles ignored it, no go.
I can't get any of my other cats interested at all.

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat, Cheetah tried to go into the TV when he was 4 months old.
He banged into the TV, full speed, 2 times in 3 mins.

clucas976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Madison sings with me. He LOVES my singing voice (at least I have one fan :p)

There is a catch to it, he only ever sings with The Beatles, its hysterical, his favorite songs are Hey, Jude and Love me Do.

We'll even lay on the couch together and sing to Across the Universe while we watch it until we both fall asleep (me laying on my side with him on my shoulder laying on his back of course)

Its hysterical, he's always right on time with his parts of the song, and no one ever believes me, so when company comes over they're speechless.

He likes the Grateful Dead too, he made sure to let me know, I was watching a youtube video of the first ever unbroken chain, and he lifted his head, looked at me and meowed like, "I love it mom, what is it?" I've never had an animal so musically inclined its adorable

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also had a cat that was a music lover. She was Fred's mother. She came to me as a pregnant stray. She would get up in the morning, and would turn on the stereo. If it was not on the classic rock station, she would turn it off. She liked MTV, too.
Fluffy jumped on my back a few nights ago, and gave me kitty loves, and a massage. She stood on my back and kneaded in a really good spot for the longest. This is strange, because she usually hates me except when I have food. I think she did it just to freak me out. I was waiting for her to find a good spot to get through my ribcage.

megans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Liv doesn't really do anything 'strange' per se. But for SOME reason, she thinks she should be an outside cat, and escapes whenever she has the chance. Tonight she ran outside when I was bringing the dog in, and instead of coming right back like she usually does, she ran around the house 3 times (I live on a main road, so you can imagine my panic attack). It was SO weird and unlike her. And scared the CRAP out of me! (seriously...I'm surprised the cops haven't shown up yet asking who Olivia is and if she was being murdered.
)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do strange things daily... Tomas, as a kitten, used to try to catch the bedroom ceiling fan. He would run around under it meowing. Sadly the hard drive I had those videos clips saved to completely died.

Blaan (7 1/2 month kitten) will meow at the ceiling fans and stare at them, but doesn't attempt to chase them.

When Tomas was younger I was leaning over to talk to my DH at the computer and Tomas jumped onto my back piggy back style. A paw hooked over each shoulder and his back feet braced on my belt.
He only done this once, but it was pretty hilarious. Imagine my surprise to suddenly have a cat on my back.

Siri has an odd habit of perching on DH and I. It doesn't matter what position you're in or if you try to move/shake her off. She's like a goat and doesn't easily loose her footing. Attempting to roll over, say from your back to your side, just makes Siri move with you. Meanwhile she stares creepily into your eyes...

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger does the crazy "run around after pooping" deal. sily girl. Crazy catness.
Today went a little bad. She ran head first into my closet door, knocked it off the track and it fell with a big WHOOMP! This at 7am, no need for coffee, quite awake after that.
She is OK, though it took a good half hour of cuddling to reassure all was OK, for both of us.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love all the stories
! Maia does a lot of "weird" things, but one of her strangest quirks is when I whistle, she comes running to me. Someone else can whistle and she doesn't flinch, but when I do she runs from where ever, what ever right up to my chest!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted this a while back, but it still makes me chuckle, and has not yet happened again. I've got a wall-length closet with mirrored doors in my bedroom. Holland figured out pretty early on how to open one of the paneled doors, so it's always open a crack, meaning she spends plenty of time at the closet door. One night I was reading in bed and she was in her crazy, run-around-the-apartment, pre-bedtime phase, and ran up to the closet door. She had to have seen her reflection, because she startled a bit, then reared up and took a swat at the "other" black kitty in the house. When her paw hit solid mirror she took off like a SHOT!

Then a couple posters here were saying how cats are supposedly not able to see their reflections. I don't know if that's true, and that was the ONLY time it has ever happened (to my knowledge), but I'm sure it was her reflection that she saw. It was so weird. And funny.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I posted this a while back, but it still makes me chuckle, and has not yet happened again. I've got a wall-length closet with mirrored doors in my bedroom. Holland figured out pretty early on how to open one of the paneled doors, so it's always open a crack, meaning she spends plenty of time at the closet door. One night I was reading in bed and she was in her crazy, run-around-the-apartment, pre-bedtime phase, and ran up to the closet door. She had to have seen her reflection, because she startled a bit, then reared up and took a swat at the "other" black kitty in the house. When her paw hit solid mirror she took off like a SHOT!

Then a couple posters here were saying how cats are supposedly not able to see their reflections. I don't know if that's true, and that was the ONLY time it has ever happened (to my knowledge), but I'm sure it was her reflection that she saw. It was so weird. And funny.
I know for a fact that not only does Maia see her reflection, she also revels in it! She was always a smart one, I had the camera out the first time she looked in a mirror and caught this........

Then as she matured....

It was obvious how much she loved herself

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that Maia sure is a little narcissist, isn't she??
With good reason, though, she IS pretty beautiful!!

clucas976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol! and I thought Madison was bad with the way he strikes a pose any time my camera is out (I've never seen a cat inentionally pose before, he thinks he's a model
)

I love the itty bitty kitten infront of the mirror shot the best I think, what a cutie, and what a gorgeous girl she grew up to be, I'd spend my time in front of the mirror two if I looked that great!

zelda7227

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats are sweet tea stealers! Whenever I have a glass of tea sitting out and I turn my back, I always catch them with there paws (literally) in my drink!!

pat traufield

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A few years ago I was working with my two dogs - one of them was "new". We were doing some clicker training - working the two dogs together and they were physically separated by a foot stool. We were working with a "touch stick".

Red jumped onto the foot stool between the dogs and grabbed the touch stick with his paw. I said to him "you are suppose to put your nose on it" and bam he touches it with his nose. So of course I clicked and gave him a treat.

After that he regularly joined the dog training sessions. Of course he had to inspect the treats first to see if it was "worth it" to perform the behavior!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my cats are not afraid of my vacuum cleaner. Maybe because they see/hear it several times a week. They literally just sit there. It can come as close as 10 inches and they still don't care. I think that's rare in the cat world. The vac isn't exactly quiet either. If it comes too close they calmly walk away

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Well, my cats are not afraid of my vacuum cleaner. Maybe because they see/hear it several times a week. They literally just sit there. It can come as close as 10 inches and they still don't care. I think that's rare in the cat world. The vac isn't exactly quiet either. If it comes too close they calmly walk away
It's more that they trust you and are just use to it.
Most of mine will run out of the room I'm vacuuming, but don't go very far. The instant the vacuum is off Tomas will come right back in the room - if he bothered to leave in the first place. Sho, Sherman, and Tanna are usually close behind.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holland hates the vacuum. Whenever I vacuum, she goes straight under my bed, so I make a point of vacuuming my bedroom last. And even then I vacuum in the far corner until she has a chance to "escape", so I can finish the room.

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since we're on the subject... Neko too hates that loud vacuum! She knows it by sight. We pull it out of the closet, she darts. She does the same thing when she sees me taking the blow dryer out of the drawer in the restroom.
Other strange things, We hold conversations with eachother and she always does this cute little *sigh. Or she does a meow with no voice, odd. She fetches all the time. And she's jelouse of my betta. I talk to him and feed him and she will sit behind me and tap my leg meowing like I've forgotten all about her!
oh yeah, and she UN-buries her water dish before drinking water!