Stories & Pictures Of The Ones That Have Enriched Our Home

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thought I’d share some pictures of the cats that have come and gone in our life.

The ones that left us.....

Spike
He was our first cat. My wife got a piece of paper at Christmas from me stating it was good in exchange for a cat. In Feb. 1996 we picked him out from the SPCA.
In his later years he had diabetes and required 2 shots of insulin a day. He also got cancer.
The sad part with Spike is that we were in Las Vegas on vacation when your friend who was caring for our cats found him having seizures and took him to our vet. We had to have him euthanized while on vacation, which was a very hard thing to do, especially not being there for him at that time he needed us most.
2/96 - 8/11
Picture 6021C.jpg

Ginger
She was our second cat that came from the SPCA in Oct. 1996
We don’t know what happened to her. All our cats were indoor cat but she must have run out when one of us went to work in the morning. She just disappeared.
10/96 - 4/11
ginger2.jpg

BC
We had some cats that hung around were I used to worked. The one small female we had scheduled to get fixed, closer to that time we realized she was pregnant.
We could tell she had her litter. For the next few days before her schedule surgery, several of us search everywhere to locate the kittens.
We were unable to locate them and thought she was so small and her first litter they must have not made it. So the day came to take her to get fixed. That evening the operations manager called and left a message that he found 4 kittens at work and placed them in a box in the electrical department which I was in charge of.
Good thing I had access to get into the plant. At 2am my wife and I went into where I worked and brought home 4 kittens. I set up the second bedroom to house them since we had Spike and Ginger. We had to bottle feed them a few days till the mother cat was returned to work.
I then brought the mother cat home to care for the kittens.
The mother went back to work, 1 kitten did not make it, 1 went to another worker and we decided to keep the other 2. BC and Tigger
BC was deaf and blind his last 3 or 4 years of life. At 19 yrs old we had to make that tough decision to euthanized him.
9/97 – 8/16
DSCN0567C.jpg

The one's still with us.

Tigger
She was BC’s sister. Story above.
She is 20 years old.
When Buddy came into our lives in Sept of this year we decided to take Tigger to the vet since it has been a few years since she was there.
We found out she has high blood pressure, and stage 2 kidney failure. She is now on medication that has gotten her blood pressure under control and now on a special diet for her kidneys.
9/97 - Present
DSC00654C.jpg

Buddy
This guy has his own thread with his story and pictures Here:
9/17 - Present
CameraZOOM-20171002183329161C.jpg

Random Pics:
BCSpike.jpg

BCtigger.jpg

cat in a box ebay 004C.jpg

cats Indian Steps 003C.jpg

Cats2C.jpg

DSC00217.JPG

DSC02811C.jpg

ginger 1.jpg

gingerC.jpg

leos 010C.jpg

Picture 3848C.jpg

Picture 6590C.jpg

Picture 6628C.jpg

Spike.jpg

spike_ginger1.jpg

spike_ginger4.jpg

spike1.jpg

SpikeBackback.jpg

SpikeChair.jpg

stuff 002C.jpg

TiggerBox.jpg

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You had a beautiful cat family over the years. Thank you for sharing this part of your life with us. I love all the pictures.
The one that really touches my heart is you sitting on the sofa with the cat in your lap. There is just something so special about a man who loves cats.