Stomach Issue mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you am sure Blacky will have stomach issues for the rest of his life. I’m considering making homemade cat food just to see what happens. I really don’t have the time for that but I may have to try it just to see if that makes him better

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you am sure Blacky will have stomach issues for the rest of his life. I’m considering making homemade cat food just to see what happens. I really don’t have the time for that but I may have to try it just to see if that makes him better
I know exactly what you're saying on all counts here. Chronic stomach issues aren't easy to deal with but at least Edwina does much better with Gut Soothe and, sometimes, Cerenia, too.

If you make food with a pre-mixed supplement it's not too horribly time-consuming, though I can't say I enjoy the process! The cats do like mom's home cooking, though, and it's the best, meatiest food I feed.

If you do decided to make food, you might want to start a thread in the raw & homemade forum to ask for tips and suggestions.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you I’m looking into it I may start with purchasing home made food not sure yet.
Life is so busy!!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you I’m looking into it I may start with purchasing home made food not sure yet.
Life is so busy!!
I know! Getting started on cat food is the worst part, too, figuring out what you need and then how to do it as efficiently as possible. It's taken me a while to develop the efficiency!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He had a couple setbacks. I am now syringing the Hydro Care. I’m pretty sure he’s dehydrated through all this and that could be part of his problem too, so I’m mixing the gut soothe with Hydra care instead of churu. It’s really weird it’s only at night and the scenario is exactly the same same syringe, same food but maybe by night time he’s dehydrated. Mystery continues still fighting for him. He doesn’t mind me syringing the hydra Care. It taste pretty good and it’s not salty. I tried it ha ha. So I’m syringing that a few times a day they’re supposed to have 2 ounces of it so since I’m not working tomorrow, I’ll try to get him that 2 ounces tomorrow.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He had a couple setbacks. I am now syringing the Hydro Care. I’m pretty sure he’s dehydrated through all this and that could be part of his problem too, so I’m mixing the gut soothe with Hydra care instead of churu. It’s really weird it’s only at night and the scenario is exactly the same same syringe, same food but maybe by night time he’s dehydrated. Mystery continues still fighting for him. He doesn’t mind me syringing the hydra Care. It taste pretty good and it’s not salty. I tried it ha ha. So I’m syringing that a few times a day they’re supposed to have 2 ounces of it so since I’m not working tomorrow, I’ll try to get him that 2 ounces tomorrow.
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this, W walli ! What happened? If he's vomiting again, I'd take him off the Gut Soothe, let him recover, and then start it again, very, very slowly, in a couple weeks. Some cats need that very slow start with it.

I'm glad to hear that Hydra Care tastes good. (You're like our former vet: she also tasted everything!)

I hope he's feeling better again soon.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks I think I will cut the gut soothe in half the hydra care seems to be helping so far. Thank you I get so confused trying to do the right thing. Thanks I think I needed to hear backing off a bit. On the gut soothe

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks I think I will cut the gut soothe in half the hydra care seems to be helping so far. Thank you I get so confused trying to do the right thing. Thanks I think I needed to hear backing off a bit. On the gut soothe
It's so hard to know what to do! If you have plain slippery elm bark powder, you could make a syrup with that and use it instead of Gut Soothe for now. Or you could just cut the Gut Soothe completely for a few days, depending on how things are going. If a half-dose works okay, take plenty of time (a week or two!) to get back to a full dose. It was only stopping completely and then restarting that got us to a good point with Edwina!

Good luck! ❤

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sweet boy Blacky is in Heaven playing ball with all our cats
We are truly missing him, His bonded mate Sammy misses him, thank you all for caring for me and my cats
Thank you all for trying to help me get him through this, I was freaking out and I tried everything.
so the Mystery solution may be that he had Cancer or Tumors in his gut.
1 clue that I learned reading about everything is when a cat vomits hairballs on a daily basis, it is not about the hairballs
when this happens they are not able to pass the hairballs.
so I guess I do believe the vet now that the next step would of been looking for cance/tumors but we could not
put him through that.
fyi: He had the Feline Coronavirus
Blacky pics.png

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry. He was gorgeous.

Sammy may benefit from Cat Music, and there are comfort "toys" that have purr sounds, heartbeat sounds and even warmth.

RIP sweetheart :vibes::redheartpump::rbheart::redheartpump:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for that info about the toys, I am spending extra time with Sammy but it is weird without Blacky
I will get some of those!!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W walli , I am so very sorry to hear about Blacky. What a beautiful cat! He was very lucky to have you looking after him.

Furballsmom Furballsmom suggestions for comfort toys are great. I also .learned about heated cat beds from someone else who recently lost a cat from a bonded pair.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered the purring toy, what a great idea, He has a heated mat!
Thanks for being there for me through this, I was in freak out mode and it really was a blessing
to have people to talk to.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of beautiful Blacky. Please remember that you can still come back here for support and conversation. When a cat passes, we lock the thread out of respect. If you would like to create a memorial to Blacky in our Crossing the Bridge forum, you are welcome to do so.
Crossing the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.