Stinky Kittens!

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all! :hellosmiley:hope everyone is having a lovely holiday!

Well alot has changed since the last I posted. My husband's job took a drastic change (in our income) so therefore I had to give up some of my kitties :( Comet & velvet found a wonderful home & 2 kittens found lovely homes just in time for Christmas. So as sad as I was to part with them I'm very happy to know they are all doing great!
Anyways!
Lol so I have 5 kittens now (4 boys 1 girl) the kids wanted to keep. Boy do they STINK! :eek: i did worm them on Dec 4th & that's when I kinda started noticing the fowlness of them! Lol they pass gas when they're sitting on us & its enough to knock an elephant over! Lol. Next month I'll be making an appointment with the vet for a check up & then take them to the humane society to get fixed. Is it normal for them to be soooo stinky? Lol
And Kimmi has been warming up to the little fur balls! She sometimes grumbles at them but I'll catch her chasing them & playing with them!:D
20181226_211056.jpg 20181228_114921-COLLAGE.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! --was the dewormer effective, as in did they poop them out?
I dont think they had worms to begin with but I bought a round wormer from Wal-Mart (Prosense i think it is?). I never saw any signs of worms in their poo or coming out their bum. I wormed them as a prevention

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm wondering, if you give their systems something a little different to deal with maybe it would help, maybe try one or two of these recipes. This is a website developed by a TCS member;
Kitten-Rescue.com

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, but this is the first thing I thought of.

However, if it's not worms, then it could be a reaction to the food.
Omgosh!! Lmao i remember that episode! :flail:i used to watch that show with my mom when I was a kid.
I was giving them a can of kitty meat once a day but i stopped giving it to them (to test this theory) but they still stink! Lol

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering, if you give their systems something a little different to deal with maybe it would help, maybe try one or two of these recipes. This is a website developed by a TCS member;
Kitten-Rescue.com
Thanx for the info! I'll check that out! Right now i have them eating Purina kitten chow along with 1 can of kitty meat (regular meat this time as Wal-Mart didn't have kitten meat in stock)

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My queen Bengal Mia had some stinky farts when she was a kitten too! It was horrible!!! The worst is when she would climb under the covers to sleep in the winter and then just hotbox it. My BF thought it was hilarious when the stink would start seeping out from under the covers. Anyways, she is fine now as an adult and there was nothing wrong with her. I switched her food and it got better a month or so after. I am not sure if it was the food or she grew out of it. Either way, I couldn't imagine 5 stinkers! Maybe try to switch their food for a longer period of time. The switch alone can cause tummy problems.

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My queen Bengal Mia had some stinky farts when she was a kitten too! It was horrible!!! The worst is when she would climb under the covers to sleep in the winter and then just hotbox it. My BF thought it was hilarious when the stink would start seeping out from under the covers. Anyways, she is fine now as an adult and there was nothing wrong with her. I switched her food and it got better a month or so after. I am not sure if it was the food or she grew out of it. Either way, I couldn't imagine 5 stinkers! Maybe try to switch their food for a longer period of time. The switch alone can cause tummy problems.
Lol thats hilarious ur kitty hot boxing u guys! :flail:gosh our little stinkers smell horrible! I laugh when they gas hubs out! Awe u have a Bengal kitty? My Kimmi is a Savannah/Bengal kitty. Shes definitely not ur typical house kitty! Lol shes soo funny tho!:D
I will try a different food & see if that helps the stink issue. Lol

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can always try some good probiotic too.
Ah! I totally forgot about probiotics! Can u order it online? What's the most reputable kind to get? I also forgot to mention that the kittens cough. Does that mean a respiratory issue? I know they all need to see the vet. Hopefully i can take a few at a time next month to not hit the bank account so bad.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah! I totally forgot about probiotics! Can u order it online? What's the most reputable kind to get? I also forgot to mention that the kittens cough. Does that mean a respiratory issue? I know they all need to see the vet. Hopefully i can take a few at a time next month to not hit the bank account so bad.
Good you are taking them to the vet. A not uncommon cause for coughing is a heavy worm infection, where the roundworms come even into the lungs. As they also do fart heavily, it may be so the first deworming didnt take.
Prosense you used is a legitimate dewormer, using prazine as the active ingredient. Try some other dewormer, for example with pyrantel as the active ingredience. Or an all round dewormer, alike milbomax or drontal.
Most dewormers need to be repeated within 3 weeks, to be sure all worms are killed.

Again, if you arent sure, let your vet guide you. He may also have some own preparates in his sleeve.

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good you are taking them to the vet. A not uncommon cause for coughing is a heavy worm infection, where the roundworms come even into the lungs. As they also do fart heavily, it may be so the first deworming didnt take.
Prosense you used is a legitimate dewormer, using prazine as the active ingredient. Try some other dewormer, for example with pyrantel as the active ingredience. Or an all round dewormer, alike milbomax or drontal.
Most dewormers need to be repeated within 3 weeks, to be sure all worms are killed.

Again, if you arent sure, let your vet guide you. He may also have some own preparates in his sleeve.
Thank u so much for the info! U know what i think I'm just going to take them to the vet & have them give me something geared for kittens. When it comes to kittens I don't wanna accidentally overdose & have any accidents. So Monday morning (they're closed on weekends) I'll get them in for a well needed check up :) thanks again!:)

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

I'm going to make an appt to take all kittens to see the vet on Wednesday. They r all coughing more frequently & its just time to take them in. I wish veterinarians would build Faster care clinics for our pets! Like how we humans have Faster care clinics why not for our pets? :blush: lol. So once I come back from the vet on Wednesday I will definitely update everybody! :)
Thanks again for the support & just being there for all our kitty needs!:happycat:

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley:

Update!

I took the kittens to the vet today. She examined them & said they look healthy & in good shape. The vet said the coughing could be the litter dust from when they're in there digging around. DUH!! Lol y didn't I think of that! :confused:So I'm gonna change the litter & see if thats what the issue is. I never had a feline with litter sensitivities. Lol. Any good low dust kitty litter u recommend? She also prescribed them with an all wormer for them. Profender is what she gave me. Its a liquid u apply on their neck & shoulders as u would when applying flea/tick drops. I've never used a wormer like that & was a little skeptical about that type. But she said it goes into their skin & in their blood stream & said it works. Lol so ok! I'm just happy the kittens r in good health & nothing serious is wrong with them!:) next month they'll be 4mos & time to get fixed! Lol.