Still No Answer, Environmental? Could It Be?

KJMissy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So allykat ( I posted twice here before) just gets a little worse everyday. They still have no clue what is causing it. And keep hitting her with medication to try to subside the symptoms. Fungal panel looks like now could be negative. We won’t have the final result for two more days but the vet said he called and right now preliminary nothing is showing. We don’t smoke. Burn candles, nor do I use oils or even Lysol etc. I do have a neighbor who burns at night. Which has been reported about. But what if anything could be toxic enough to cause a dog to have auto immune disorder and a cat to have severe lung issues?

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to read that this is happening to your cat. I have no real answers for you, but has your vet mentioned a scan to check for cancers? My cat just passed away two weeks ago from IBD, which is an auto immune disorder. I wish I had answers to but I'm coming to the realization that I will probably never know. It's hard! We like answers!
You will drive yourself crazy trying to figure out what caused this. My advice is try not to go there, because you may never know. You are doing all you can to make your sweetie comfortable and find out what is wrong and to help her. You're doing a great job. I hope things work out for the better for you and your kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KJMissy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the response. Not sure if I am doing a good job. But I haven’t given up yet.