Stella & Chewy...anyone?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

patti511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you're still needing to feed any dry the money is still better spent for additional wet. The cats aren't really going to benefit from freeze dried raw if they're still eating dry. But they will definitely benefit from more wet!

Yeah there is a way to estimate the carbs. If you look at the back of the food you'll see the moisture content right? Well lets say a canned food has 78% moisture. You subtract the moisture content from 100% and you end up with a dry matter basis (dmb) percentage of 22%. Lets say that the same canned food in question has 10% protein. So then you divide 10 by 22 and you end up with 45% protein on a dmb. Let's also say the same canned food has 5% fat. You divide the 5 by 22 and you end up with about 23% fat on a dmb. 45% protein plus 23% fat is 68%. So if you subtract 68 from 100 you get 32% carbs on a dmb. So that canned food has 45% protein, 23% fat and 32% carbs. These are only estimates since manufacturers only provide min and max values and not actuals.
Thank you! Someone gave me a link: catfooddb.com. If you search for a food, it tells you the carb amount.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone feed S & C mixed with water? My cats are liking it dry.
Yes I feed this to my outside kitty(former stray) and he loves it. I do rehydrate though. He eats it twice a day . Plus he always has kibble and fresh water available.